“If you visit Chiang Mai stay here”

Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Shanghai, China
“If you visit Chiang Mai stay here”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here for 5 wounderful nights. I was looking for some rest and relaxation and thats exactly what we got. Lovely rooms and very nice pool, quiet and peaceful. The breakfast is great, you can order everything from the menu, it was freshly cooked. I recommend the the banana pancakes and noodles soup, really very nice! Excellent service with great attention to detail and lady owner is beautiful, friendly and intelligent. We enjoyed talking to them, which adds to the many fond memories of our stay in Chiang Mai. I would say it is one of the best hotel in Chiang Mai, we will definitely be back to visit!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for 4 wonderful nights. As per previous reviews on the Shewe Wana I can only re-iterate how great this hotel is, excellent and thoughtful service, nothing is too much trouble, the hotel has a rustic feel making it homely but twist of modern and old. It has two lovely swimming pools set in tropical gardens, after being in the city in th day its a great place to relax. Use the homemade shower gels and shampoo they are better than anything you will bring. Breakfast was freshly cooked, I recommend the banana or mango pancakes with local honey :-) we decided to have dinner in the hotel one night which was well worth it, I would say the best dinner in Chiang Mai!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be great, and they are all away from the road behind the main building with...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin H
singapore
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed here in August and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. It is an oasis of calm with beautiful greenery. The service staff is great and lady owner is beautiful, friendly and intelligent. We enjoyed talking to them, which adds to the many fond memories of our stay in Chiang Mai. The breakfast is great and as we stayed there for 4 nights, they went out of their way to offer us something new each day so that we do not get bored! That's excellent service! We will definitely be back to visit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jknr
Dublin
Reviewed 9 September 2012

i stayed here after a month of backpacking as i was looking for some rest and relaxation. and thats exactly what i got. couldnt fault this lovely boutique hotel. excellent service with great attention to detail, lovely rooms and pool area, quiet and peaceful. delicious food. a little outside town, but free tuk tuk to night entertainment. poor wifi connection in my room but fine elsewhere in the hotel. unique experience and worth the money

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our 3month backpacking trip. The hotel is beautiful with two well maintained pools. Staff are lovely and very polite, always trying to help. Rooms are small but beautifully decorated with big beds. They are also kept well. Free tuk tuks to the bazaar run on a night and the grounds and entrance have security on a night time. The only
Negative is the location as it is around a twenty minute walk to the old town, however, transportation is cheap and easy. I would definitely return if I wasn't on a tight budget!!

• Stayed September 2012
NYC
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Shewe Wana Resort is simply wonderful no matter how you look at it.

Quiet and neatly clean, the rooms are decorated in an exquisite Thai style with lovely furniture and details. It has one of the most comfortable beds where I have ever slept. You will only want to get out of bed to enjoy the excellent breakfast the resort provides.

Breakfast was fresh and delicious with plenty of choice and daily cookings. I love the banana pancakes! and the delicious fresh fruit salad with a wide selection of local and tropical fruits. Delicious fresh juices.

Easy reach to center city and night bazar. In addition, the hotel and helpful staff provide with free rides to the night Bazar. I was also brought to see some of the temples of the old city by the staff. Other than that the hotel is easily accesible in a few minutes by tuk-tuk from any point of the city at a minimum cost.

Free internet Wifi which works perfectly being able to use skype without any single interruption. Very convenient if you need a good internet connection.
I booked all my activities in Chiang Mai through the hotel (i.e. Cooking lessons, Elephant riding, among many more)  which provides you with a wide selection of activities to enjoy your time in Chiang Mai.

I had my best massage in Thailand at the Shewe Wana Spa. Outstanding personnel, relaxing ambience and great service. After that I went to swim in one of the two beautiful swimming pools where you can feel relaxed like in an oasis of vegetation and peace.

You also have the option to enjoy the romantic and beautiful ambience of the restaurants at the Shewe Wana and enjoy the yummy dishes they prepare, both Thai and European food!

The hotel provides with free transfer from and to the airport, another example of the huge value for money you get at the Shewe Wana.

I am trying to look for something I would improve in this hotel but I can't find anything. I stayed for three nights and I just can say it was my best experience in South East Asia.

To summarize, if you want to know how paradise looks like, come to Chiang Mai and stay at the Shewe Wana Resort. You won't regret it! Don't waste your time in big name chain hotels. You won't be able to enjoy the UNIQUE charm of the Shewe Wana and the Thai hospitality of its genuinely friendly and helpful staff and management, which will solve any eventual issue and make sure that you have a memorable stay at the Shewe Wana.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
En route
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stayed two nights at Shewewana. There is not much I would disagree with in the other reviews here. As most of the reviewers say, the grounds are beautiful, the staff are friendly and genuinely helpful, and the location on the outskirts of the inner town not much of an issue. I had a room on the balcony level above the main pool. Although small, it was excellent value for money, tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. There is only one thing you might want to consider about staying here: during my stay, Internet access (which is free to guests) was a bit patchy. I'm not sure if this was just a one off or a regular occurrence. For me, this was actually a small blessing, but if you absolutely need consistent internet access during your stay, you might want to fork out for one of the bigger hotels in town. Personally, I was happy to trade some internet downtime for the pleasant boutique comforts of the Shewewana. I would be happy to recommend the Shewewana to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Piyanuch I, Owner at Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Frogmirth,

I’m so glad that you had chosen to stay at Shewe Wana Resort, Chiang Mai. And thank you very much for good review. We apologize for any inconvenient that the internet access may have caused you. We are happy to inform you that these issues have already been solved.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely