“Ban Thai is a hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BanThai Village

BanThai Village
Ranked #38 of 375 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Australia
“Ban Thai is a hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2009

We loved the Ban Thai and if staying in Chiang Mai city again would go back for sure. The service is amazing it's definitely 5 star.

The Ban Thai village is a boutique resort in the centre of Chiang Mai city so close to everything. It's very clean and the rooms look very Japanese. We received lovely drinks on arrival and nothing was too much trouble. The pool is not huge but great for a swim - very clean.

When staying you think you are going to be charged so much more but the price is great considering what you get. The restaurant can be improved as it was more expensive than other places and food just OK. Breakfast was pretty good though. There are so many places to eat nearby though this is not a problem. You get little things like free internet and just being in the place you feel you really being looked after - other places should take some lessons from here!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

My husband and I spent 4 nights in the Ban thai village resort and loved it. The staff were very friendly - particularly the bar staff who put up with my other half's endless questions. I would also highly recommend eating there as I had the best Pad Thai of my entire visit at their hotel.
Our room felt very Robinson Crusoe and it was air conditioned and very romantic. The bathroom and bedroom were adjoined and should you wish privacy curtains had to be pulled! The room was compact but it was perfect for our needs.
The hotel itself is excellently located and suprisingly central - close to the night markets which were far superior than that of Bangkok. It is also quiet and peaceful.
The pool area is small but to be honest it is usually dead as everyone is usually on excusrions of some kind.
There are staff available to help you book your excursions. Personally I chose my excursions through trip advisor, the staff then booked my choice for me when I instructed her with what I had chosen. on one of the days they gave us a member of staff who dove us to all of the sights that you would usually have to book seperate tours for: temple sights, tribal visits etc. we did it all in a day and he took us from place to place as we wished - fabulous!
It was great value for money and it was truly lovely - I would highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Dusit D2 Chiang Mai
Dusit D2 Chiang Mai
#27 of 375 in Chiang Mai
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,772 reviews

Been to BanThai Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BanThai Village

Property: BanThai Village
Address: 19 Tapae Soi 3, Tapae Rd. | Changklan, Mueang, Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Chiang Mai Province > Chiang Mai
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#29 Romantic Hotel in Chiang Mai
#32 Family Hotel in Chiang Mai
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — BanThai Village 3.5*
Banthai Village is the mini size hotel that tries to keep balance between the tradition and modernity among the changes of the world. This modern-Lanna decorated hotel, consisting of 23 rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your BanThai Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Banthai Village Chiang Mai