2,274 results
All reviews horizon club chi spa kad cafe night market premier room health club pool staff pool area the executive lounge club room main restaurant beautiful hotel our honeymoon buffet breakfast old city tuk tuk rooms are large
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We chose to book this hotel owing to the renowned Shangrila hospitality and good reviews on TA. It was located in the central part of the city and only within 20 minutes ride from the airport by taxi. 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel would take you to the night market and a lot of entertainment establishments and restaurants.

Rooms were nice and with modern decoration. Well equipped with large flat panel TV, free wifi, and big bath room. Large king bed with several pillows would ensure a good night's sleep. Nice outdoor swimming pool and gym facilities would satisfy those who would like to sweat a little. Spa facilities would cater for those who wanted to relax after a day's hard work or tour.

The Chinese restaurant offered a mixture of Chinese cuisines from different parts of
China catering for different needs. The western restaurant offered great seafood buffet dinner at a reasonable price once every week. The bar on the lobby floor was a good quiet place to hang around with friends.

Staff members were all very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip C
Gabriele L, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear Philip C,

^-^ Wonderful remarks like this never fail to paint a smile on our faces!

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai

I am extremely delighted to read that your stay was flawless from start to finish. Your descriptions could not capture better the true essence of the resort and we are confident that other travelers will find them helpful in planning their next stay, like you felt.

Our strategic location, a walking distance away from the iconic night market, represents a great compromise between the proximity to the several tourist attractions the charming city of Chiang Mai has to offer and the enjoyment of that sense of tranquility our urban resort instills to all our valued guests, through our lush tropical gardens, our unique free-form tropical pool and our relaxing Chi, The Spa village.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and please, feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you with.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

服務人員都非常親切,雖然酒店有些年月但非常乾淨,早餐多樣化。I will definitely share my trip to others, good location easy excess to local night market and many massage shop around the hotel if u feel hungry just opposite hotel there is a street food area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear emilyklz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a comprehensive review of your stay at our beautiful urban resort.

Our strategic location, only 10 minute walking distance from the iconic night market, represents indeed a great compromise between the proximity to the several tourist attractions the charming city of Chiang Mai offers, and the tranquility of our magnificent urban resort, set amidst lavish exotic gardens.

Nothing could be more inspiring than your recognition and we will continue to work hard to be able to create another memorable experience for you on your next visit to Chiang Mai.

That said, I do hope you visit us again soon. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you with.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great location - You can walk to Night Bazaar - Safe and easy to get around by foot or vehicle.
WONDERFUL Staff -
Great Club floor with personable friendly staff!
Joe my room attendant was a gem. (Never have mentioned a room attendant on a reserve but Joe is worth mentioning - over and above in service.)
Classic Shangri-La fashioned hotel .
I can absolutely recommend this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: worth staying on the club floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Gabriele L, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear William S,

Thank you for posting such a great review, following your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai.

I am very delighted to read your kind words of appreciation for the service delivered by Joe, one of our best room attendant. We truly believe in embracing hospitality from the heart and I shall certainly pass on your lovely note to him, who is always pleased to hear positive feedbacks from our valued guests.

Our strategic location, only 10 minute walking distance away from the iconic night market, represents indeed a great compromise between the proximity to the several tourist attractions the charming city of Chiang Mai offers, and the tranquillity of our magnificent urban resort, set amidst lavish exotic gardens.

I hope you will have the chance to visit our beautiful urban resort soon. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Please, feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you with.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Can’t highly enough recommend the Sunday Brunch at the Shang which a friend and I enjoyed last month . The food was absolutely first class particularly the seafood which included lobster and all at a fraction of the cost in Hong Kong (home) . We had an opportunity to personally meet Chef Damrang who came down to put table as well as Khun M and Khun Beer . We didn’t miss an invitation to partake in their free flow prosecco for an optional 1000 bt for three hours . As diners we were invited to use the swimming pool and provided with towers afterwards . Many thanks to all for a marvellous afternoon and we will return to visit you again next year . The hotel have a marvellous team there , congratulations , from Paul and Marion

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Paul and Marion,

Warmest Greetings from the Shang Chiang Mai!

I’m glad to know that you had a blissful time with us last month while enjoying our unique Sunday brunch! Thank you for your high praises particularly for the quality of the seafood and for the overall setup, for our unique free-form tropical pool set amidst lush exotic gardens, and most of all for our legendary heart-warming hospitality.

The whole team will be waiting for your next return, to enjoy, once again, our beautiful urban resort, a truly little piece of heaven in Chiang Mai.

Paul and Marion, we look forward to welcoming you back "home" for another fantastic stay with us, and please, feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you with.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during the Loy Krathong- Yi Peng festival (lanterns festival). Despite of the celebrations, the hotel was very quiet and did not look crowded. The staff was very motivated, proactive,kind, and professional.

Best features:

1. Breakfast was quite good, offering a great variety of local and international dishes.
2. Excellent bedrooms, excellent beds, linens, and bathroom amenities. Sleeping quality is high.
3. Very clean
4. Quiet
5. Beautiful gardens, excellent pool with good security
6. Fantastic concierges. This is perhaps the best aspect of the Shangri-La hotel.
7. It is close to the night market and the old city. To visit the old city is better to hire a tuk-tuk from the hotel (Very cheap, you should usually pay 1-2 dollars per ride from the hotel to downtown and viceversa and the concierges will help you to organize your trip). It may take 20 minutes by walking to reach the city.
8. Very close to the Ping river where the celebrations take place.
9. It is a luxury hotel. I think the price is right and not too high when compared with other hotels of the same category despite of the festivities.
10. Thai store in the first floor sells beautiful and cheap Thai handcrafts (rice boxes, clothing, small elephants, etc.). This store is handled by Thais and they are very professional and kind. Although it is a hotel store, the prices are very good and the quality much better than what you get at the night or day markets.
11. Free Wi-Fi

I attended the Hotel's Loy Krathong celebration. It was a buffet dinner. I did not find the buffet delicate or delicious. It was ok. We however, got individual Krathongs and Lanterns to take to the river. We also released the lanterns from the hotel gardens and it was a beautiful moment during our holidays.

I recommend the hotel very much!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerTrecker

Dear TravelerTrecker,

What a review! Receiving such positive feedback always brightens up our day . You have mentioned a lot of great points in your review, and I’m just thrilled to know that you have been able to experience all those exceptional services our resort offers, such as our comfortable rooms, our central location, the unique tropical free-form pool set amidst lush exotic gardens and most especially, our heart-warming hospitality from the heart.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again, in our magnificent wonderland.