Lowest prices for your stay
£109
Agoda.com
£79
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
All reviews spa bath carved wood old city beautiful oasis traditional thai hotel egg station pool area lovely hotel koi pond within the walls breakfast selection huge room lanna style spent nights here beautiful room the ground floor spacious rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Better than pics, everything is more than i expected , staff super Nice and professional, amazing rooms and facilities, i really love it. You can use a taxi to wherever in few minutes . Of all I've been in chiang mai, this ONE is the Best hotel price/quality .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Niky E

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service during your stay We appreciate your feedback as well

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chiang Mai on your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We stayed in Pingviman hotel for the first leg of our honeymoon. The entire place is very beautiful, in carved wood in traditional Thai style. The décor and architecture is simply amazing. Our room was a pool facing one on the second floor; very spacious. Air conditioning works well, bathroom was very nice (rain shower head is a nice touch), and the Jacuzzi bathtub is great too.

The pool area is a great place to hang out, and its right outside of the main dining/breakfast area. The tour guide that is on site is very helpful too, we booked one tour from her with no issues, they are available from early morning to late night (like at least 8pm).

However, my major complaint about this hotel was its poor customer service. The reception has very very poor English and I had trouble communicating even basic questions such as "what time does breakfast end"? As I had mentioned, we were at Pingviman hotel for our honeymoon, which I had jotted down in the comments section of our reservation. On top of that it was my husband's birthday, so we had jotted that down too. I asked the front desk staff if I could get a cake delivered to the room, and the lady stared at me having no clue what I was talking about, her English was so poor, after trying to ask in different ways for a few minutes, I had to give up on the idea altogether.

In another instance, right after we checked in, I had taken a shower and walking around without any clothes on when someone knocked on the door, OPENED IT, and peered in! I was shocked as I was not clothed. I immediately called the front desk and told them, again they didn't understand what I was saying due to their poor English. They passed the phone to multiple people trying to comprehend. So I hung up and forgot about it. I assume this person who had attempted to come in was a housekeeper who wanted to set up a honeymoon decoration, but really they should've checked to see if we had already checked into the room?!

The second day at the hotel, we came back into the room after a long day and the hotel staff had decorated our bed with swan towels and some hearts to celebrate our honeymoon. That was a nice touch, however the photo they took off our counter to put in the middle of the decoration was not even me and my husband :(.

The breakfast is a buffet style breakfast with a omelette and noodle station. It is decent but nothing above average, but it will fill you up.

The hotel also gives you 4 free water bottles in your room every day, as well as free bike rental (until 6pm) and free shuttles to the airport.

Overall, this is a beautiful hotel but really not worth the price we paid for it. It would probably be considered 'luxury' in Chiang Mai terms, but it wouldn't fly elsewhere. It is comfortable, but probably could've received better customer service at a 2-star hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank babykbum
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The Pingviman hotel looks absolutely charming on arrival . I like to feel the culture of the country that I'm visiting . This hotel is all carved wood with lots of traditional finishes and very well kept . Loved the coloured glass sliding panels between bathroom and sleeping area . they only finished the renovation last year so all bathroom fitting brand new with spa etc . Pool area lovely , staff very helpful and friendly and lots of variety at buffet breakfast . Would definitely return

Trip type: Travelled with friends
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Value Guest

Thank you very much for your positive comments of Sirilanna Hotel . We are really appreciated that you were happy with our hotel facilities and our staff during staying with us Thank you again for your value review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We were very pleasantly surprised at this attractive hotel. It was wonderfully odd, totally different from any other hotel we'd stay in after 50 years of travel.
Large rooms furnished with Thai food teakwood furniture and with a bathroom to match.
It was a joy to be in.
Excellent pool that was pleasant to sit by and might have reduc d or exploration time of Chiang Mai.
Last but by no means least were the amazing staff who really nice to have around, ever helpful ever nice.

Room tip: I just know the room we were in was excellent and I'd assume the rest were the same
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear Sjg2489

Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation. It is very much appreciated !
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations. I will be sharing your compliments with my team and can assure you that they will all be delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This place is beautiful, a true highlight of our trip to Thailand! Be brave and use the bikes (free of charge) to cycle round the local area and look at the several nearby temples... Its a great experience! The pool is beautiful and the rooms are great! The hotel provides a free airport shuttle service which makes life easier! The hotel has a tour desk, we booked the chiang mai night zoo which was fun and a trip to tiger temple and to a local hill tribe and the temple at the top of the mountain (we already had an elephant sanctuary booked which I will cover in a separate review). The day of the hill tribe trip we drove to the mountain and unfortunately an electrical pillar had collapsed and caused the road to close, they offered to rearrange the tour to the following day but we were flying onwards that day so we went back to the hotel for a refund. Baring in mind this wasnt the tour ladys thought, she couldnt have been more apologetic and re arranged the day for us with a private tour. Highly recommend using her services!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThomasRW
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Pingviman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear ThomasRW

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is certainly pleasing to know that your expectations have been met and we are glad that you were satisfied by our location, facilities, staff and services.

Once again, I thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best regards,