“Fantastic Place”

Ranked #50 of 382 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 16 November 2008

This hotel is excellent. Highly personalized service - it feels like you are meeting up again with old friends. Pongsri and her husband Peter are fantastic - the house and grounds have been in her family for generations, although the hotel itself is less than a year old. I was there with my father and brother and the staff did so much to make us feel comfortable, and especially to make sure my father (who is older) was okay. The grounds are lovely, the breakfasts are delicious (and large), and the rooms are immaculately clean. Our bathroom was huge, with beautiful green/blue tiles and a huge shower head (it sounds silly to mention, but at the end of a long day in the city it was lovely to come back and have such a shower!) The owners help arrange transport, and even gave us a cell phone to call them for pick-up. We felt safe and cared for at this hotel, and highly recommend it to all travelers to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mahsey321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
TAMWORTH AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 5 November 2008

We had the best stay we have ever had here. We were picked up from the airport at 8.30 in the morning taken back to paradise , and served a hot breakfast, Our villa was just beautiful . the decore very peaceful and relaxing, The gardens are beautiful and lush Thanks to peter, Pongsri"s husband,Peter and Pongsri our host where just amazing so kind . one night we were going out to dinner, we were just going to walk and find a place , but they dropped us of in there car , to a lovely place to sit and listen to music while we ate, It was great. there is a lovely pool area , with trees around it, The dinning area over looks a lotus pond. there is a dvd player in every villa. and dvds in the libary/ computor room to watch . just out side the gates there is a beautiful Buddhist temple.we went for a lovely walk around the area. looking at local life. (just a local suburb, you are not out in the middle of no where , but it gives you a real look at the lives of thai people.) the staff are kind happy and very attentive, I was taking photo"s of the beautiful flowers and it started to rain slighty , the next thing I know Tammy was standing there with a umbrella over me. so I would not get wet. Bath and shower :fantastic .strong pressure.and steaming hot water, Pongsri arranged for two lovely ladies to come to the resort to massage us , they were very good.The food at the resort was mouth watering, best I have eaten in Thailand.Look do your selves a favour SPOIL YOUR SELVES AND STAY HERE YOU WON"t regret a second of it

• Liked — the serenity and calmness
  • Disliked — nothing we did not like except we had to leave
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WHOOPI6967
Huizen
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Stayed in this resot for a full week mainly for my brother's wedding, being held at this resort.
Owners and staff made this wedding into something unforgetable!
One of the owners even did a traditional thai dance on the night of the wedding!
Service: the staff really go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. they have eye for details, and even things we wouldn't think of ourselves, they do it!!
I reckon this resort is something everyone should experience, to see and to feel it... words aren't enough to describe what it was like.
I'll definately go back next year and already are planning to go again in 2010!

• Liked — the service and friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank SekerimHuizen
Netherlands
Reviewed 28 September 2008

This is the best resort i ever seen. The food is great, the activities, the staff. Just everything. The room is very big, and comfortable. It has a nice look, with the lotus flowers in the pound. When you are bored, they will find something to do for you. It has a golf course just a few minutes away. Its perfect. I will come back.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer-Bannink
Hong kong
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I had perhaps the most relaxing vacation of my life at the Oriental Siam. The hotel is small, immaculate and, well, just about perfect. The food, the ambience, the rooms, the decor, the staff ---- everything was world-class. I have traveled to more than 100 countries and have stayed in countless hotels, and the OSR is now among my top 10 worldwide. It's that good. Pongsri and Peter, the owners, were welcoming, generous and helpful, and they made me feel like part of the family. They set up a round of golf for me with a few of their friends, took me out for drinks and dinner on two nights, and generally looked after me. I imagine OSR would be the perfect spot for couples, families, honeymooners, almost anybody. The resort is calm and quiet, and a bit distant from town, but that's part of its charm, and the center of Chiang Mai is easily reached by taxi or motorbike. I can't say enough about what a great place this is. Nice pool, good workout facilities, gorgeous food, big HD televisions, terrific wireless access (free), an organic garden, an amazing lily pond in the center of the grounds, and a fantastic Buddhist temple next door. Go!

• Liked — Relaxing ambience and staff
  • Disliked — A bit far from town
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank MarkMacHK
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My wife and I took advantage of a five day stay at The Oriental Siam Resort, Chang Mai which is nestled behind a Buddhist temple on the outskirts of Chang Mai, this resort is peaceful and offers a typical and unique heritage resort atmosphere where one can experience unfettered privilege but in a manner that always feels accessible rather than something remote and strange. As guests my wife and I enjoyed the experience of a relaxed atmosphere where our energies were replenished. This resort offers an experience of authentic sensations far from the bustling activity of the city. It was a privilege to have breakfast each morning overlooking a small water fall and pond full of water lilies and lotus blooms whilst listening to birds and other small forms of wild life greet you to the awaking day. The Oriental Siam Resort offered a warm, friendly and special care so we were made to feel comfortable and safe in capable hands. I asked the management if I could view each villa which is unique and offers similar but different facilities. The gardens in the resort are something to behold and a credit to management who have worked hard in preparing what could be classed as a true heritage resort.
The Oriental Siam Resort is surrounded by many of Chang Mai’s beautiful golf courses which is only a 30 minute or less taxi ride in any direction from the resort to teeing off at the first hole at one of the charming golf courses. I particularly enjoyed golfing at the Royal Chang Mai golf course. Chang Mai city centre and riverside restaurants with live entertainment and fine food is only a 20 minute ride from the resort. The resort staff were only to happy to help with recommending and organizing our other recreational activities such as quad bike riding, white water rafting and visits to the famous Chang Mai performing elephants. On the way to the elephant reserve we stopped off for lunch at the tiger park where if you are brave enough you can pat a tiger.

It isn’t just the physical beauty of the place, its peace and its facilities that make it so special, and it's the warmth, attentiveness and apparently telepathic skills of the staff and their infinite attention to detail. Lie on a lounger by the pool and an attendant will bring you iced water, a towel and offer fruit and or cold beer. The resort can also offer Thai massage treatment on the lower level of the beautiful surroundings in the family home stay, something I took advantage of on a couple of occasions. My wife and I shall definitely return to the Oriental Siam Resort in the near future.

• Liked — Friendly sevice, beautiful surroundings and well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChinaGaz
WONGGA
Reviewed 8 May 2008

My wife and I stayed for 1 week in the resort in April 2008. I was in need of a real break after a very busy year. I found the Oriental Siam Resort to be just what the doctor ordered, it is set in a quiet residential area next door to an enchanting Thai temple. Both my wife and I enjoyed enormously the unobtrusive and friendly service provided by proprietor Pongsri and her staff.

The resort comprises several single bedroom villas as well as a larger three bedroom one, we occupied one of the smaller ones. The villas are of a high standard, very spacious and discrete with all mod cons with sumptuous bathrooms and a separate dressing area. The villas are set in beautifully landscaped gardens with large mature trees, with a profusion colourful hibiscus and bougainvilla everywhere and a pool, there are computers, internet and a gym for those who are interested in these things.

You really feel as if you are living in Thailand, so different from the 5 star hotels in which you could be absolutely anywhere. The resort offers 5 star accommodation standards together with a quiet and well appointed atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing holiday in natural surroundings with the advantage of Pongsri's local knowledge (she is a native of Chiang Mai) and the proximity of the many attractions if you wish to take advantage of them.

• Liked — Relaxing, quiet, great service
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple