Oriental Siam Resort
Gemtree Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Harmonize Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Thipsiri Lord(Chiang Mai)
  • Room Service
Eden Garden Resort(Chiang Mai)
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily villarice paddyrelaxing vacationprivate terraceminute drivethe entire staffsmall restaurantour honeymoonan oasisthree nightshome away from homewelcome drinktucked awayold citynatpompong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Before we actually arrived at the resort, I kept telling myself, my hubby and my 10 yr old girl, not to expect too high (not to be blinded by all the good comments we saw on the internet..) we were trying to be conservative just in case other resort guests were too excited, with different standards etc.

That was too cautious of me not to let my family down. From the minute Nat picked us up from the airport, she and Pongsri and their other relatives have become our family in Thailand.

It is our third time in Thailand and all over the world, we have stayed in many 5 star hotels or resorts but this was our first trip that impressed me so well that after being away from home for 3 weeks, I just left the dirty laundry piling on the floor, instead I turned on the computer and write my first TripAdvisor comment.

In addition to all the other good comments abt the breakfast, the friendliness and the organization etc, our 10 yr old girl got totally spoiled by all time surprises like rose petal bath specially arranged for her after our long day trip (we didnt request that). On our last night, after we dragged our tired bodies back from the night market, we were totally surprised to see our daughter's beautiful 10cm close up photos on her pillow. We usually got a few chocolates, or a doll with local culture that could be given to ANY child who stayed in the hotel. Never got her own photos! No wonder that morning they dressed her up and put flowers on her hair! Thank you Pongsri and Nat! You are like our sisters in Thailand! Any many grateful thanks to the other relatives who run the resort.
Even their family pets have become our buddies! Hello Hero and NoName! We will miss you all!

I had my best birthday in Oriental Siam Resort!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank nickiBH
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I was a bit incredulous by the reviews and the perfect score of this resort when I was planning my trip. I have to say, however, that they are absolutely accurate. Like others who have reviewed this hotel, I have stayed in Mandarins, 4 Seasons, Ritz Carltons all over the world, and they should be coming here to learn about service. The difference between this place and others is that service is part of the job of those who work in these other places. Service is the way the owners and family staff at the Oriental Siam resort live. If I needed a ride into the city, they provided it for me free. The minibar, extensive a la carte breakfast, and hotel services, all complimentary. They are not looking to nickle and dime you, they truly want you to be at home here. And I was. I was traveling alone after having broken up with my girlfriend, and they made me feel like I was part of the family. Pongsri, Peter, Nat, Nat's daughter, all the other family members were the best hosts a guy could ask for. I truly felt like family after 3 days there. That's not to say anything about the rooms, the gardens, and the pool, all of which were 5 star in quality, with full suites for a fraction of what you would spend elsewhere. While it is a bit out of town and is sometimes hard to find, there is so much to do outside of Chiang Mai its location had its own benefits. Do not look anywhere else in Chiang Mai - period.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Tepper1
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 24 July 2009

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We have had several trips to Thailand but this was the first to Chiang Mai.
From the moment we stepped off the plane and were driven to this wonderful resort we felt like we were in heaven. We spent 6 nights at the oriental siam and were so sad to leave. Pongsri and Peter, Nat and Derek and the rest of the staff treated us like royality. The resort is just magical, the gardens are just beautiful thanks to Peter , Our villa was just perfect with plenty of room to move about. The cleanliness and attention to detail was flawless. Every night there was a 'little surprise' in our villa -( thank you Darwan for the beautiful swans you made.)
Anything you wanted or wanted to do was organised by Pongsri in a flash. We wanted to get some tailoring done, next minute we are off to the fabric market to select our fabric then around the corner to Khans sister who is a dressmaker to have it all made. What a wonderful job and at such a great price.
We mentioned we might like to play golf, Derek and Nat arranged to play golf with us and even had some golf clubs for us, what a wonderful afternoon we had playing golf with them.
We had a massage every afternoon and when we could we just lazed around the pool.
There was always a surprise awaiting you when you least expected it - a cool fresh mango smoothie, sandwiches, afternoon tea on the balcony.
We went to the local tavern a couple of nights for a great dinner and live music and Peter and Pongsri took us to a BBQ buffet dinner. It was so nice to mix with the 'locals'.
Eating in house was so relaxed and unhurried. Wonderful breakfasts and dinners on the deck aroud the pond.
Next time we are in Thailand we will have to do another trip to the oriental siam so we can be spoilt again!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob-Di
Reviewed 27 June 2009

after the busy, Bangkok trip this was a paradise. All you have to do is be in touch with the hotel manager and owner Pongsri the perfect manager. email to her before if you wish. tell her about your choices. what you like to do...shopping...sightseeing...or Golf ! and she will have it all organized for you. Ladies enjoy shopping while your husband will play golf...then have a romantic dinner next to the pond and beautiful garden looked after by her husband Henry with green fingers.
for food tell her what you like and all is organized with your favourite drinks.
so don't wait go for a romantic holiday any age or a group of friends, or family and just tell Pongsri. swim, work at the gym, do for elephant trek...
thank you Henry and Pongsri for your great hospitality, a gift from God

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Surbhidelhi