“Excellent budget place with perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sripoom House I

Sripoom House I
Sripoom House I
Ranked #336 of 720 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent budget place with perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at Sripoom House for 5 nights in the beginning of November. The location and prices are perfect! The owner is nice and friendly. Chose this place because they are pets friendly and allowed us to stay with our cat :) The bed was comfortable, we slept very well (very quiet place in spite of central location), cool night hang out at the balcony. Maybe just bathroom could be a little bit bigger...
Will recommend this guest house for everyone who needs to stay in the center for several days and wants to save some money on accommodation.

Room Tip: Better choose the corner room, it's a little more expensive but bigger and with nice balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TatianaKolotushkina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Phnom Penh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great place to stay that always delivers. Located in Soi1 inside the moat, this guest house is within close proximity to all the major attractions in Chiang Mai. It is far enough away from the rabble but still has some nice little bars that are less likely to be of the "girlie" nature. The rooms are big and always clean. They are equipped with cable TV, refrigerator, great bed, air-con and hot water shower. Everything you really need at a really good price with trustworthy honest owners. Recommended highly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PhnomPenhVern
Pai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I usually stay around the corner at Tri Gong Guesthouse but it was full during Loy Krathong. Sripoom House 1 was slightly less expensive than Tri Gong and the rooms were almost as nice.

The best parts were: good mattress, small balcony off room and bigger balcony in front (shared hallway), nice staff. The room was clean, the towels oversized, and location excellent. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank paulacorno
bassilly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We can not agree with most of the reviews considering the bad experience that we had. We can not recommend this place at all.Sripoom House I, lives on an old reputation, there are better alternatives within the same area.We have booked this place after reading the reviews which so far were good. We were perhaps out of luck but we want to share the bad experience we had at this place.
The room was not available before 5 p.m. it was supposed to be as from 2 p.m. We just had been on a night bus journey and really were expecting to have our room in due time. The lady at reception did not understand any english. She had to call the owners to come back. The owners were out of the guesthouse most of the time during our stay. We were given a 'kind' of room which used be the old massage room. We understood that the room we were supposed to have was still occupied by another guest. I think they tend to practice the overbooking.We saw a client who booked quite a long time ago being requested to sleep somewhere else for 1 night. I think that this guesthouse lives on its reputation and does not make any further efforts.We have rented the owner's scooter for one day. It has been a nigthmare since it looked that it had not been serviced for some time. First of all I was asked to put some pressure in one of the tyres (I quickly understood why... as it already had a start of a puncture). The brakes have seen better days. We ran out of motor oil. So said, we had to walk quite a distance and pushed the bike to a garage. One does not like to be in charge of servicing a rented scooter. When I mentioned this later on, the owner made a joke which we did not appreciate at all: "Some walking is very good for your health".... It took us alltogether more than 2,5 hours to get it sorted out. We have been reimbursed of the repair expenses which is fair, considering our negative 'room experience' and the one with scooter we would have expected to have the rental cost reimbursed also but this was not the case.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This place caters to folks who are doing extended stays. If you're expecting Western-style service, you're going to be underwhelmed. I liked my room, a top-floor double with a small patio and view, but the service was erratic at best. Sometimes they forgot to come in to give me water and they never made the bed or changed the towels. The owners were generally nice, but their English wasn't that good and I had a hard time getting some simple questions answered (I ended up going over to the Funky Monkey quite a bit). I don't think I'd recommend this place if it's your first time in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank IndependentTravelGuy
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

my wife and i have stayed at sripoom house 5 times in the last 3 years and find it to be the best value accomondation in chiang mai.we have stayed in many places and for value for money its number one.the rooms and facilities are comparable if not better than some of the big expensive hotels.the rooms are big clean and nicely furnished,the aircon works perfectly,plenty of english language channels on the tv,fridge and great location-very close to thapae gate and the walking market.the staff are always polite and helpful.we love this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gaewtaa
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a backpacker dream, it is basic no frills you get what you pay for but spotlessly clean and the family who run it are soooooooooooo friendly. We stayed there 4 nights after leaving our original guest house down the road as it wasn't very clean.

They offer a TV, fridge, AC and hot water in the room. There is an electronic gate for security after 11pm. And there was wifi available in the rooms and the location is pretty good.

But really the couple who run it are what made the stay so nice, they would offer us fruit when they were having it or tea and coffee. They had great local information and always ready to chat without being annoying or intrusive.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends