“Highly recommended”

Ruen Come In
Ranked #37 of 382 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Such a beautiful place to stay! Lots of little details to delight. Spacious.
The staff go the extra mile to help.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The owner and staff are so accommodating, helpful and friendly. We booked three suites and none of us had ever seen such beautiful rooms (so large, clean and appointed with such beautiful furniture and amenities).

The food for breakfast and lunch was outstanding and reasonable.

The owner even arranged a van for touring CM and the local area, all costs were so reasonable.

For a relaxing visit to Chiang Mai I highly recommend Ruen Come In.

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Hmmmm where do I start....I took a SOLO trip here in July and it was wonderful! Pim the owner made my stay simply amazing! The room, the food, the hospitality....everything was great! Not to mention that this was my favorite place while traveling throughout Thailand! From the cooking class she gave, the activities she arranged, the visits to the Sunday market & night market and just spending time with her it couldn't have been better!!!! She even went out of her way & took me to the airport & stayed there with me for awhile until I had to walk to the gate. ;)  I mean really?? Who does that...when have you ever stayed at a place that the people treated you that amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!!! And if ever I'm back in Thailand I would def stay here again!! Miss you much Pim!!! ;) :) btw - the best food & rooms in Chiang Mai! ขอบคุณ Pim!!!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Honeybee7116
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 April 2011

A place that feel like home. My first time in Chiang Mai is a very good time with our temporary guide, a oldest son of the owner of the hotel. He is very friendly at the first time we met. We went there for three days and the weather was so bad. its raining all day long so we have to change our program while we there. But it's just only the weather that was bad the rest is good, especially their service. Not only the service that was good. their restaurant, their room, and their location were good too. My favorite food when I stay is the sticky rice with fried pork. So I am highly recommended if you wan a place that "feel like home"

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ploisongsaeng
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We were at Chiang Mai during April 11-13. We were quickly greeted by youngest son of the family who owns the hotel once we were out of the baggage claim (airport pickup was free). The conversation in the ride to the hotel was very friendly, and full of tips of how to best spend our time in Chiang Mai.

Once we got to the hotel, his mother greeted us with equal friendliness and helped us plan our schedules for the stay. She made a great recommendation to do a whole day tour to do elephant riding, bamboo rafting, trekking and visiting the hill tribes (if you do stay there, make sure you do this tour too!). She made us the booking for the next day. The tour turned out to be awesome and we enjoyed it very much, and we were most unlikely to be able to find this tour group by ourselves without their help.

During the stay, the entire family looked after us very well. Their middle son was so friendly and charming, and offered to give us rides everywhere - to the "song taew" bus stop to go to Doi Suthep, to go into the moat area to play Songkran etc.

The hotel itself is actually two houses, and between them, there are 3 suites and 2 rooms. They were built with golden teak wood in a traditional Lanna style - very charming. Our suite was very spacious, clean and we were happy with our room. The fact that it was actually a house made the stay felt even more comfortable and friendlier.

And the food was soooo delicious! Out of all the restaurants we went to in Chiang Mai, we enjoyed thier food the best! They do offer a variety of Thai, and Northern food dishes, and most of the dishes impressed us. In hindsight, I regret going out of our way to check out restaurants in Chiang Mai for some of our lunches and dinners, most of which turned out to be disappointing. And I also must say that I am Thai (I was traveling with my foreigner friends) and was raised in a family of people who love food and cooking with passion, so I do know my Thai food.

A little downside to this hotel is that it's quite out of the way and is in a residential area. This was compensated with the fact that the hotel gives us free transportation everywhere within reason, not just to and from the airport. But with that being said, if you decide to stay at this hotel, do plan your days well so that you don't have to come back and forth to the hotel too often during the day. It wasn't a big deal for us, since the family were so nice to take us to out with their hotel and personal cars anyway.

All in all, the service was what impressed us the most. When our trip ended, and we left Chiang Mai on the first flight to Bangkok, they've arranged us a car to leave for the airport at 5.15am, and one of sons of the family was ever so nice to wake up to see us off at 5am instead of letting their staff do their thing for us. And to finish off the touches, our free breakfast was neatly packed in a bag for us to take to the airport. As groggy as I was at 5am that morning, I remember thinking to myself that although I have been to many 5 star hotels, the service at Ruen Come In had surpassed all of my expectations.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AmyEam
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed for 9 nights. On previous trips to Chiang Mai we have been more centrally located but wanted to be out of the hustle & bussle of the city this time. The residence is beautiful and sits in a lovely garden across the road from Wat Jed Yot. Location wise, yes, it is out of town ( that's the whole point ), but hardly a problem when you can pick up a tuk-tuk or sawngthaew to get into the city in no time at all.
The owners are wonderful, very attentive and helpful in anything you may need to know or do.
We had breakfast each morning in the garden, good choice of food all freshly cooked and more than enough to set you up for the day.
The restaurant in the evening is an experience, the garden is lit with lanterns that really show the beauty of the teak built building, and the food is superb. The specialities are Northern Thai dishes.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in recommending that you do the same.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul4Mouse
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This is a home away from home... A little paradise in Chiang Mai.. I enjoyed my stay here.. The owners make you feel so welcome and do everything they can to make sure you enjoy your stay in Thailand and at their motel.. They really make you feel like family, it's really the best place to stay in Chiang Mai..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple