“Lovely, healthy food and drinks”
Review of Spa Samui

Spa Samui
Ranked #548 of 1,345 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was staying in a hotel nearby for a week in June and ate nearly all of my meals in this place. The longevity drinks are delish and very healthy. Pad Thai is very tasty as was everything else I tried. Even the home made unusual deserts were really tasty. All very reasonably priced and fantastic location on the beach, very peaceful.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Having visited Spa Samui for the second time since my wife and I met (she had been going for years prior to us dating) I can honestly say my second visit was better than my first! The food here is always absolutely superb and they were even more than happy to cook us a crispy chilli glazed whole fish which was not on the menu. The staff are always wonderful and seem very happy natured and whilst the prices have increased a little – it still offers far better value than the big hotels on the island.

If you are on Samui then this place is absolutely worth a visit!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The radiance restaurant really is lovely - especially if you manage to get one of the two tables in the hut on the beach itself. The food is delicious and is pretty good value (although you can find cheaper), and if you're feeling like you need a pick me up, the menu of shakes and juices is very impressive. A lovely place - give it a try!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have stayed in the bungalows at Spa Samui many times over the past 10 years.......after a long trip from Canada it is always a joy to get settled in my bungalow by the pool and beach. I have always had clean bathrooms, lots of hot water and a really comfortable bed. Yes, I have had gekkos droppings once or twice and wiped them off....we are living in their world, they are everywhere and do us no harm. The staff are lovely, the prices great and the food and fasting programs are second to none. If you are looking for 5 star, go to the south of the island to the very upscale spa and pay 6000 us a week for the same program in fancier facilities.....Every year I return to see many of the same people who go there religiously every year and love it as much as I do. Same time next year:)

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We recently returned to Spa Samui for our 4th detox. This resort is truly wonderful and we hope to continue to return for many years to come.
However, we have noticed the resort/service was not up to its usual standards compared to previous stays. The following comments were also echoed by a number of other repeat fasters we met at the detox bar on our recent trip in January 2013.
Firstly, this is the first time we have seen so many children and babies at the resort. (Please note we do love children). Fasting and not eating for 7 days is the hardest but the best thing we have ever done for ourselves, but having children/babies screaming and running around the resort at all hours of the day/night is not a good mix. We believe the resort needs to make a concious decision between a health retreat or a family holiday resort; it can not be both. Mediation, relaxation and a quiet environment are an important part of the healing process.
Secondly, the food in the restaurant is still excellent. Anan & Lek both need to be congratulated on their hard work, service and attention to detail. However, a number of other staff seem to be paying more attention to their iphone/ipod rather than their guests. We believe the focus should be on hospitality, after all this is what we are paying for.
Thirdly, whilst the A-Frames, like the resort, are a traditional and charming place to stay they are are looking tired and do need a facelift.
A big thank you to Lek (at reception), whenever there was a problem with our room she fixed it immediately and always with a smile. To the wonderful ladies at the detox bar, particularly Nan and Sia, thank you. To Guy and Toi thank you once again for allowing us to share in your dream - it is a wonderful detox program.
Tony + Angie Australia