“Prices have hit the roof! What is going on?”
Review of Spa Samui

Spa Samui
Ranked #552 of 1,342 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The food here is still excellent. But over time, the portions are getting smaller, and just recently the prices went up anywhere from 10% to 100%, depending on the item. Why, one is forced to ask? When the economy is so fragile worldwide, and so many people i know are really watching their budgets, what on earth would compel these people to make such an aggressive move? What is the thought process here? Was there any at all, or was this a knee jerk reaction to the influx of new Russian and Chinese tourism? For someone who has been visiting the spa beach restaurant a couple of times a week, for years now, I think they have forced me to do a rethink. May be a once a month special occasion kind of thing. The hotdogs are 190 baht! 300 baht for the burrito! What are they thinking? The burrito is more expensive than in California, and half the size, and not even comparable in quality. It was already a bit on the expensive side for some dishes. Now, it has become a lot more expensive. Call in the psychologists. Someone needs therapy.

4  Thank lomchoymark

Reviewed 17 March 2014

healthy and good priced food , we send all our gym clients here for a well earned sauna and feed ! healthy locally produced food suitable for all dietary food plans !! ... a relaxing way to spend the afternoon !

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The food is o.k. but don't try to send anything back unless you've first braced yourself for the wait staff to unleash their inner jerk. I ordered the coconut lemongrass soup, broth soup, and fresh vegetable salad. After eating the salad and broth soup, I tasted the coconut soup and it was loaded with salt--pretty typical for this Thai dish as I understand it. The menu did not mention that it had a lot of salt so I said, "I can't eat this because I'm on a diet that restricts my salt intake." The server immediately expressed her annoyance with this apparently outlandish request and said and said in a very rude, whiny voice, "You know this is a Thai dish. It has salt. The menu doesn't list all the ingredients." She pushed the bowl toward me and I had to repeat 4 or 5 times, I'm not going to eat that. Then the restaurant manager came out and he was even more rude and unpleasant. He said, "I tasted the soup and it tastes great." I said again that salt is not something that I can eat in large quantities because of my health. He then had the nerve to say, "You are perfectly healthy." I told him I was offended and said I would like to speak with him and the manager of the resort. He then said, "I think you sent it back because you ate too much already." So he called me a liar.
This staff works at a place where people are trying to heal themselves by carefully deciding what to put into their body. I have a weak kidney and have been trying to heal myself with a low salt, no oil, raw food diet for the past 1.5 years. In addition, I had just completed a 21 day coconut water fast two days before this incident. The wait staff pressured me into consuming more salt than I normally consume in an entire week because they assumed I was lying instead of trying to be healthy. I am completely astonished by their lack of understanding as to where many of the resort's patrons are coming from. It shows poor management of their employees and a negative attitude toward westerners who are trying to live in a way that is different than the way they live.

1  Thank john g
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here three times in less then 6 months! First I did my cleanse at the Village location and I did love it a lot. I took the package including accommodations, massage, yoga, sauna and it was very efficient! Then I stayed two times in their bungalows and standard rooms at Spa Beach Location. Both are clean, white sheets, towels, AC, security box. There is a swimming pool at both locations as well! The Beach one is noisy comparing to the Village location, but you get used to it! The Restaurant is better here tough...more choice, more people to talk to, great view and it is located on the beach! Shakes are great: Almond Choco, Faster Blaster, Creamy Strawberry! My favourite salads: Beetroot, Waldorf... buckwheat pancake is very tasty, I wish they put more fruits with it! A lot of choice for vegans, vegetarians, raw foodists. Coming back here is like be back home for me. Staff is friendly and I like to have the healthy food available all day long, 2 mn walk outside of my room!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was staying in a hotel nearby for a week in June and ate nearly all of my meals in this place. The longevity drinks are delish and very healthy. Pad Thai is very tasty as was everything else I tried. Even the home made unusual deserts were really tasty. All very reasonably priced and fantastic location on the beach, very peaceful.