Samui Orchid The Ocean Resort
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$93
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$182
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$151
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$206
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$225
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$121
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
US$118
US$104
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$224
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$129
OZOHotels.com
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
US$513
US$257
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel is very old dirty infested by mosquitos and in the middle of no where. The beach is useless because you cannot swimm thevtide is too low. The swimming pools are disgusting the water is not clear. They mix bath towels and towels to go the beach so they all are disgusting. The one which were white are now light beige with stains everywhere... We were excepted a buffet for the breakfast. And for 250 bath per pax we had tea or coffee, orange juice in can ... 2 taosts with butter and eggs which tasted fish. We had a standart room we ask to get a superior room it was even worth. They never accept to refund the money. We had booked through agoda web site.... The hotel is in the zoo so it stinks tiger and monkey everywhere. A nightmare. Stupid girls at the reception desk. Dont go to this place. i forgot to take pics i was so upset. The aircon is linking or do not work .... But you have a fridge to feed ten people in your room ( very nice decoration when you have a huge old fridge in your room it makes extra noice that's it....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Margot8888
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, although we had just come from a very bad one in Pattong so anything would have been good :) .
We travelled all day by bus and boat to arrive at approx 8pm. We were very tired and extremely disappointed that we had to leave the hotel to get some food and a drink as nothing was open. The focus is definately on the day activities of the tiger park and aquarium.
Swimming with the seal was fantastic!
Rooms and pool were nice. Staff were reasonably friendly.

Room Tip: A ground floor room near the pool is lovely and only steps away from the pool. Also has a loveley patio out the front
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

rooms were dirty and overpriced, staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, the property is not well maintained and the food was terrible. the zoo was also very disappointing, the animals were treated poorly and their living conditions were nothing short of disgusting.
as a frequent traveler i have stayed in differrent levels of accommodation across asia and around the world.
what im saying is ive stayed in some dodgy places in my time but samui orchid takes the cake.
do yourself a favour and go elsewhere

Room Tip: its very simple dont stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank nathan c
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 months Dec and Jan 2011-2012 - the area of this hotel is just gorgeous and the property is kept beautifully and spotless - 3 large pools on this property and very clean.
Breakfast is very simple and always the same - only thing you can change is how the eggs are done and what type of fruit you want. If you have to pay for breakfast (meaning not included in price) 250 Baht is not worth it at all.

As far as the rooms are concerned, they are clean and very nice - but small - and the cleaning girls always have your room done when you leave - you don't have to wait for many hours like some hotels - so that's very positive.

Hydro goes out all the time - many many times during a day but they have generator on location so you only have to wait for a couple of minutes before it clicks in. They advertise satalite TV - wrong - they have 1 HBO channel, 1 sports channel that is hardly ever working and CNN News - 2 other English news stations and the rest Thai - the 3 satalite channels hardly work all the time and we had to go to staff several times asking where these channels are - and miraclously, in a few minutes they appear - it seems someone at the front desk is messing around with the channels - sometimes watching a soccer game and it disappears - goes to another channel - so this is not a positive for the hotel for anyone who wishes to watch a little TV in the evening.

The staff - they are very friendly but they have hardly any knowledge of English and they are very unorganized - if you have a problem, they do take care of it very quickly but sometimes you have to get angry to get your point across - so this is a little negative as well. And the cleaning staff starting at around 8:30 am every day - talk at top of lungs with no regard to people still sleeping so if you want to sleep in, forget it unless maybe you are on the top floor.

If you go for a month or so, they give you a good deal but the prices are way over priced for a week or two - especially for Thailand. This place is no way worth the price they want on internet.

If you want to come here and want to stay in the building, only book the main floor as they are totally decorated as what internet says - but if you choose 2nd or 3rd floor - they are no where near as nice and for same price....so be careful which floor you book on.

In summary - the place is beautiful, the area stunning with a few negatives but we had a wonderful time here and we would come back but only if the prices don't soar any more than they have already,

Canadians

Room Tip: If you like being away from the busy town this is the place to go - quiet but if you have a bike, no problem
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamandWillie
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Hi,
I can in this resort 5 times already... And let me tell you that the beach room Are Quiet and confortable even if quite small...
The service is like many place in thailand... a little slow and without motivation!! But fine, as soon as you make your point in what you expect.
There are 2 Big Pool in the resort and another one is being built.
The Beach rooms are in a 1 floor building and they have private little pool in front of the ground floor room but without any fence arround which is good because the sun is everywhere, you can be in your little swimming pool and communicate with your wife lying in the shadow of the terrasse or in the room.. Very Relaxing..!!

The view to the beach is just mind blowing.
Sometimes you can see some fisherman working, or a man passing with a big bufalow : )
Carefull if you go there for the private beach ! Don't ! You cannot swim in this beach, the water is shallow and you would have to walk in a 40°C water for 300meter and still not have your swim suit wet ! haha
You have animals in the Resort since it's the home of the Samui Aquarium and Tiger zoo!, otters, exotic birds, Tigers, Eagles and hawks, sea lions... (in cagesof course)
The hotel is not far from the Butterfly garden...
The breakfast is quite repetitive, and service not always smily but I'm not smily at all on the morning so...
The hotel are making some major improvement on the Beach private pool rooms.
And they have some brand new Villas behind (by villa I mean Real Houses). almost each with private pool and High standard facilities !
They also put the Prices Up Sooo Much that I'm not sure that I'll be going ther this year. 2010 !

The Good Points :
-The sun Exposure is great because of the Space Management of the hotel
-the place is 7 minutes from lamai (perfect from me as I hate to mix with people too much)
-The Big Pools !! great! and the small one infront of my room :)
- The views to the private beach are great.
- If you have kids It's a Great Resort but be carefull No Surveillance at the pool.

The Bad points and/or things to improve :
- A little far (7-10 minutes drive) from the main beach town (Lamai), if you have kid you'd have to rent a car... the hotels does rent cars and moped but much more expensive (you don't have to give your passport though)
- The Service has to be improved, the staff is very smily but should be Trained And Educated for professional Hospitality working. (maybe the did do this training since they upgraded the hotel lastly though).
-The Major price Issue / Private Pool Beach Rooms and Villas are now runned by an extern company that has applied a Major Increase of the prices Passing from 3500 THB to 10200 THB this years for a beach room with private little pool (official prices) !! That is a X3 price !!!!!! And this would be justified by improved services and equipment in the rooms and hotel... Flat Screen TV, IPod Doc, WIFI, Cable TV, Coffee and Tea maker,
DVD/CD player.. ++ Restaurant major improvement. those are all the things We didn't have on our las trip : )
But still x3 prices... is a bit rough !!

Voilà!!
You must know that the way I ranged the resort IS SUBJECTIVE !!
As:
-If I give **** for the rooms, they are very confy but still quite small and the bathrooms are Good / with toilet separated to shower, and hot water system but no bathtub and quite efficient even if very small.
-If I give ** for the service, I didn't come for 2 years so I didn't see the Major improvement of this years by the new manager.
-If I Give **** for the location It's because I like to Be a little out of the city crowds, a person that love to swim on the beach and to be in the city ambiance !! Would definitely not range the location as I do.
-If I Give *** Value for money, you must know that the prices for the Main Pool Bungallow and Building rooms are OK and good value for money... // the bad point is for the "private pool Beach rooms" and villas that are outrageous x3 prices !!
-I Give ***** for Tidiness as the room was always perfectly cleaned every day !! ex: on the morning there was all the mosquito dead on the ground because of the mosquito killer We used ! After coming back from the breakfast No Mosquito Left : ) and everything was cleaned !!
-If I give ***** for the Beds, I must say that they could feel a little hard... But I Really Slept Well and had good nights there ! even if I'm used to hate hard bed !

TRICKS & TIPS ! :
-if you want to have a real good Thai food ! at cheap price ! Go to "KRAO CHAO BAN" restaurant, located about 2 minutes drive on your right (on the beach side) from the muslim village. 750 THB for 4 of us..!! And trust me when I say that I EAT A LOT since I'm 105 Kg !! ; )
For Seafood you can go to "Jubilee" not far from the "KRAO CHAO BAN"
-If you want to Rent A BIG BIKE you go to OHM MOTORBIKE ! since It's the only one I trust on the quality of his bikes !
-If you want to rent a moped ! take pictures of it all around before you go! And especially the spokes of the wheels // If any Scratches or something broken you would you'd be able to prouve it's not from you ! and there for be OBLIGATED TO PAY !

-If you want to have your clothes wachted ! once out of the resort on the main road, you go on your right (directing to Lamai) and Just befor the main ring road on your left and about 400 meters from the muslim village. You'll have a very nice lady taking your things for 30 THB per Kg :) And your stuff smel soo good !! and are Soft !

Voilà this Is the end !
If you ask me, I would definitely recomend this resort. for people whom like quiet place and Big Space and Wild Animal (in cage.. lol)..

Cheers