“Very happy !”

Saree Samui
Sydney, Australia
“Very happy !”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great resort. Perfect place to relax by the pool and look out on the beach and ocean.
I agree with the another reviews.. Loved the breakfast. They would bring my special coffee every day without me asking for it. Loved the little things. Very good staff - always smiling and friendly. We had a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank peeweeferris

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is fantastic! the staff are very attentive and helpful, the rooms clean and the complex couldn't be in a more beautiful setting.

The rooms are beautiful and designed in an unusual 'open air' style apart from the bedroom. You do feel a lot closer to nature showering/bathing under the stars, however you may need to get used to using the toilet outside (and trying not to hear your neighbours).

It's set in a quiet area on the island but Chaweng is only a 20 min taxi ride if you want a more lively night out. The pool and beach area is lovely, with fab views across the bay and the other island. There are comfy sun loungers and pool towels provided.

The small things make a difference, like the housekeeping staff visiting in the evenings with biscuits and mozzie spray for your bedroom, flowers put in the bathroom and oil burners topped up - these are very nice little touches.

The only things I will say, and they aren't major as I will be going back to stay but some things to take into account:

It is expensive - the cost for drinks and food is high, breakfast is 500THB per person for a standard buffet and its worth noting the nearby local restaurants offer breakfast for half the price. Drinks are double the price and after each bar or food tab is closed, they add an extra 10% service charge - so after a couple of weeks by the pool your bill could add up to be quite a lot.

It might not be as relaxing as you think - although this is advertised as a relaxing retreat, families do stay here and during my stay, there was a number of small children, and a four month old baby which (as they do) cried A LOT, all day and night. I'm not sure why they allow children as there is nothing for them to do - so bare in mind your stay may not be as relaxing as you think.

Apart from the above, it really is a beautiful place and certainly worth a visit :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jodie G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was our second visit to Saree Samui and we enjoyed it so much we extended our stay from two weeks to three. The staff do everything they can, and more, to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. The rooms give some privacy and shade when needed, and the pool area is quite large and so doesn't feel crowded. The dining room overlooks the beach and the food is excellent. Breakfasts are the best we have had on Samui. I am coeliac and find it difficult to get gluten free foods in Thailand. The dining room staff took the time to understand the problem and prepared dishes to meet my dietary needs. They even asked their bread supplier to make gluten free bread for me! Many thanks. With this level of service, we'll be back'.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cathpick
De Pinte
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is it! The breakfast is amazing for a 4 star hotel ( it wasn't always like this in the 4 stars we did on our trip), the staff is always ready to help you, and they do everything with a smile! The pool menu is very good and fast, dining is also so good that we even didn't go somewhere else to try, we wanted to try the dishes at the hotel.

The rooms are clean, with airco, each villa has a garden or swimming pool and a outdoor living.
You don't hear a thing in here! The bed was for me a little to hard but perfect for my husband, but if you tell it to the staff then they bring an extra layer to put on top of the matrass.

It's a calm place to stay! When you arrive at the swimming pool they come to put the towels over the chair, there is one guy running all the time (with a big smile, so cute) to give you an unforgettable stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Delbecq
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice and good hotel. Friendly and helpfull staff. Excellent breakfast. Very nice open villa room with private swimming pool! Excellent location for relax! If we come back to Samui, sure we want to stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steven V
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place is truly amazing. My partner and I stayed in one of the beachfront pool villas. It was a little more than your average Ko Samui hotel room but it really was worth it. So much attention to detail throughout the whole resort.

The staff are so kind and friendly and go to extra lengths to make sure your stay is comfortable. They remembered my favourite cocktail by the end of the stay!

The beds are quite hard and the outdoor bathroom takes some getting used to but as this is traditional Thai layout and from what I understand, beds are generally firm here, I wasn't unhappy with this.

The food at the restaurant is quite good and not too badly priced. I highly recommend the Chicken Penaeng curry. Best I've ever had!

All in all, I really hope we can return soon

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Kiwilozza
Winnipeg
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We decided to stay somewhere other than Chaweng beach this trip, and decided to give Saree Samui a try. My wife was a little concerned with the outdoor washrooms, but after we settled in we really enjoyed the feeling of space that this concept provides. The cleaning staff did a good job, and we never felt like we compromised on cleanliness even though a lot of the living area is outdoors. Even though you are outdoors you still have your privacy. We ate lunch most days at the hotel and one supper, and found the restaurant to be just OK. Ambience is nice however. Breakfast is good. Although there is an ATM nearby, I did not find a bank where I could exchange cash. There are places to get your laundry done within a 5 min walk. There are several restaurants in the area with John's Garden being our favorite.
The Lomrayah pier is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We found this very handy, being able to arrive at the pier close to departure time, rather than sitting there for 1 1/2 hours (which happens if you get picked up from Chaweng beach). I have to say that having the Lomprayah boats so close did not detract from our enjoyment of the hotel. We stayed in a tropical villa.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple