“I like the hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Punnpreeda Pool Villa Beachfront
Ranked #190 of 427 Speciality Lodging in Ko Samui
“I like the hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I like the hotel and the staff very nice the location perfect

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Honey7689

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We arrived from Koh Tao on the Lomprayah Ferry which dropped us off in Mae Nam. This turned out to be a god send as The Punnpreeda Beach Front is only a 15 minute drive on Bang Rak.

We got a taxi and cost us THB500 which is expensive but that's the fare they all charge and there was no negotiating with the taxi operators. The Punnpreeda has it own private mini bus (air conned thank god) and you can bargain a price with the driver. We usually never paid any more that THB200 between us to be brought to Chaweng or back to the resort. They also operate free shuttles twice a day. They also only charge THB100 per bus ride to go to the Fisherman's Village, you can call them when you're ready and they will come and collect you as its only about a 5 minute drive to here.

The first thing that struck us was the incredibly warm welcome we got from the girls on reception. It was obvious from this first impression that they would do anything to make our stay an enjoyable one and this they did for the whole 6 nights we spent there.

We had booked the 2 bedroom beach front villa and were not disappointed. You enter through a double door entrance into a large hallway, they had rubber flip flops here so you can take your shoes off and slip into these. At the end of the hallway are the two bedrooms on either side. Both bedrooms come with king size beds, bedclothes are changed every day, wardrobes, bathrobes and slippers, personal safe, flat screen TV's and en suite bathrooms. The bedroom on the left has a 2 person jacuzzi and the one on the right has a walk in rain shower. Both bedrooms have retractable glass panels which open up into the kitchen and seating area of the villa and can be closed and locked at night time.

There is a full kitchen with cooker, large fridge, fully stocked with pots, pans, plates, glasses, cutlery. The best bit was that the fridge was stocked with cans of coca cola, Fanta, fruit juices, water (still and sparkling) & beers. There was also a bottle of wine and a small bottle of Thai whiskey left everyday and the best bit was all of the beverages I just mentioned were FREE and replaced EVERY DAY!!!!! Also with breakfast you are given a list of what's available, you fill in the form, tell them what you want, how many people its for and what time you want to have it and they deliver the full breakfast to your villa every morning. This was a godsend as there is no queuing for food stations or tables.

Next to the kitchen was the dining area which leads onto the seating area. The patio doors were floor to ceiling glass so it is very bright and airy. The Seating are had two sofas, a large flat screen TV, DVD player (you can take DVD's from reception to watch free of charge), surround sound cinema speaker system and they will hook up your iPod or iPhone so you can play back through these speakers.

Out through the patio doors you have your deck with a 4 person outdoor jacuzzi, parasol and 2 sun loungers. Further on from this and down a step were 2 more sun loungers beside the beach. Across the water you can see the Big Buddha.

All in all we had an amazing time at the Punnpreeda Beach Front resort (not to be confused with its sister resort Punnpreeda Hip Resort) the staff, food, service, friendliness were first class.

I would like to thank Dear, all the girls & the drivers personally for a very memorable trip and would recommend this resort to anyone who wishes to stay in a nice area a short distance from the madness of Chaweng!

Peter Fallon

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank pocketpedro
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

We visited Punpreeda beach front pool villa in february 2011 for our honeymoon. I have to say when we saw the reception we were not very happy as its a small room located at the entrance of the hotel and we started to wonder how would the room be ? .However, when we entered the villa we were surprised to the core with its beautiful layout. We had taken a two bedroom beach front pool villa, and the pool, the beach, the garden, the inbuilt bathroom jacuzzi, the beautiful living room with splendid view just added to all the fun.. I have to say the staff was very helpful, the room was clean, breakfast was good and the view of the blue waters from the villa was excellent.
Adding to all of this was also a private kayak, which you can use anytime of the day..
But there are some problems too 1. there is no restaurant in the hotel 2. the bathroom smells of sewage sometimes (I think all most all hotels in Koh samui have this problem) and 3. there is no beach to enjoi.
Having said this it is still the perfect place to be and was one of the most memorable holidays and villa of my life. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank bhamishah
Exeter, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

We had six nights in studio villa 701 which is one back from the beachfront. This provides an excellent view of the bay coupled together with privacy and security. The villas are large and exactly as pictured on the website. Apor was our personal assistant who took care of us perfectly. Breakfast is served in the room with a very large choice. Free mini bar is a nice touch. The pool area is small and most of the time fairly shaded. This may not suit people looking for the ultimate tan! Our only real complaint is the lack dedicated shower, the attachment from the bath works but is not what we expected. On the whole a really nice private resort.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Matt_Exeter_England
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

The villas are beautifully built, with a very nice terrace, two large bedrooms each with their own bathroom, large room with kitchen and filled fridge (complimentary!) and huge TV with dvd-player. We did have view over the Bangrak bay, and by now they have created a small beach which is nice for swimming during high tide. A car takes you to the beach free of charge, but when we wanted to go back to the villa it was not available. Apparently they have only one car.
Breakfast was great and everything was served in the villa. The pool looked nice, you can sit in it but I couldn't sit in it for it was too cold (even though outside it was 35 degrees C). The water is constantly running (a shame on an island that frequently has fresh water shortage) and if you close the tap to prevent new water from coming into the pool, the pool slowly but surely empties itself. I
What really shocked me was when we left. Everything was included: bottles of wine, other drinks, breakfast, you name it. They didn't have to give us bottles of wine but they did. On the morning before we left, someone came into the room (without asking if they were welcome at that time; we were still getting up and showering) to check if everything was still there. She counted all the glasses, spoons, cups etc. My daughter had accidentally dropped a very simple wine glass and an equally simple teacup on the floor, not worth more than a few Bahts. They said we would be charged for that and I said fine. But then we saw the bill: they charged us 350 Baht (7,50 euro) for it! It was really a very basic, cheap glass and the same applied to the teacup; you buy them at the supemarket. We were flabberghasted.
I've never seen this done before and it spoiled a lot for us: being so generous on the one hand and then so greedy on the other hand. I'd rather they charge us for a bottle of wine, whatever it's worth, and not make us pay for a broke glass 10 times more than it's worth.
Also we felt really pushed to leave: on the morning that we left (we had until 12 noon) they kept coming to the house (without asking permission to come in, they just came) and almost helping us pack in order to get rid of us as soon as possible. As soon as everything was in our bags, they took them from our hands and brought them to the reception, even though it was not 12 o'clock.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank aichadeviAmsterdam
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

... overpriced villa with a triangle of sea view that was mine for in excess of £130.00 per night. I'd booked two nights in a pool villa that morning through expedia and was disappointed by the view of rooftops. Had a stand-up argument with the lady sent by management (hard to believe in Thailand) but she wasn't letting me extricate myself and wanted another 5600 baht to move me to a nicer villa . I eventually took the villa for the first night as she'd insisted on retaining the payment and emailed expedia who had the charges for my second night reversed although they were cut off when they tried to talk to me in my room. The hotel's parting insult when I'd hired the hotel car to move to a nicer hotel (so they knew where I was going) was to make me wait after checkout for housekeeping to make sure that I hadn't stolen anything. The whole thing was odd.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo