My wife and I made a weeklong visit to the Conrad Koh Samui in November 2011 and were extremely impressed in nearly every way. We spent 6 nights shortly after the grand opening with finishing touches still being made (I.e completion of the arrivals lobby, landscaping, etc). From the moment we arrived we received the utmost level of service, period, of any place we have ever stayed. The service was even personalized to the point that on the morning we had scheduled an island tour ativity the resort went out of their way to surprise us with a wonderful breakfast gift bag filled with a multitude of breakfast items, juices, water for the day, and even French press coffee upon our departure - it was absolutely stunning. A few other examples of the perfect service we received include personalized turndown each night with small gifts/treats in our room, poolside service with water/drinks/food and even ice cold towels, and arrangement of a private wine tasting in the wine cellar with the sommelier. Enough said about the service.
Now, the resort and the rooms. In one word, the rooms were perfection. Every amenity you could think of - amazingly comfortable bed, massive walk-in shower and huge soaking tub with outstanding products (even toothbrush/toothbrush provided daily), apple tv with interactive room service ordering, PRIVATE INFINITY pool, and views about as stunning as they come. No complaints whatsoever in the rooms. One other thing that I really enjoyed was that the room service menu did not have any additional fee for delivery or service charge (beyond optional gratuity) which we used extensively to dine out on our wonderful deck. The room locations on the hillside can be a long walk to the main area especially for the higher-numbered rooms but that turned out to be a non-issue because the pickup service was very punctual and simple.
Now, on to the rest of the resort. The breakfast was another favorite of the resort with a phenomenal spread of food and drop dead gorgeous views. As a HHonors gold I received free breakfast for my entire stay which I was very thankful for. After breakfast each day we took advantage of the (complimentary) fitness classes offered which were exceptional. The instructors were very good and offered a very personalized experience. They even went out of their way to provide mats for stretching, towels, and water. The main pool was also exceptional, with punctual service at all chairs for water, menu orders, and even cold towels. The main pool was very beautiful as well. There is also a jetty and small beach out front of the resort. The biggest downside to this resort is that the beach is not swimmable, which we thought at first to be a big deal, but later came to realize was no issue with the private infinity pool available at any time. The other downside is the location, as the resort is isolated from the main area of the island and requires a rather long 30-40 minute transfer to get to. I suppose this could also be looked at as a plus though for those in search of isolation while vacationing.
Finally, the food at the resort was very good overall. We had dinner at Jahn one night which we both found to be exceptional. The restaurant went out of their way to personalize our experience by offering us additional complimentary appetizers, wines, and deserts throughout our meal. The only thing I would change here is that i would have gone there more than once. Food was a bit pricey but well worth it. Overall I loved the Conrad Koh Samui in almost every way and would certainly return again given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa