I agree with all of the reviews that the hotel is stunning. The views are breathaking, the rooms are luxurious and beautifully designed. Many members of the staff worked hard to accomodate our requests and seemed genuinely concerned for our wellbeing at the hotel. When we arrived there were high quality cribs and baby care products available for use during our stay.
We traveled with our 2 young children and made plans to check-out of the hotel within 24 hours of our arrival. Although a beach is advertised, there is no swimming due to dangerous currents and the small strip of sand by the water was riddled with bugs and debris. The buggy system seems to work pretty well in that they come to pick you up promptly but the steep incline of the resort restricts any other form of walking, so loading a stroller on and off the golf cart is not ideal. I would question how it feels zipping around on the buggy in the rain. The buckles on the car seats provided in the car for our airport pick-up/drop-off didn't work.
However, I would assume that the majority of guests would be happy that this is not a hotel for kids given the tranquil nature of the property. Had we traveled without our kids I would have been disappointed by the lack of beach, difficulty walking and distance from other restaurants/nightlife.
Although the majority of my points are related to the difficulties encountered by us as a family, the main points that caused problems overall were a severe ant problem in our room and a dangerous floor in our living area. There were ants all over our toiletries, medicines and food items in the kitchen save those in the fridge or unopened. I understand the tropical nature of the resort and perhaps we had a bad experience but I would want to make sure it was less severe to feel comfortable staying. Both my husband and I fell badly in our room due to a slippery floor - - really badly. I thought my husband might have to go to the hospital for a concussion. The hotel is aware of this slipping problem and they need to address it.
The hotel was accomodating and did give us a refund as we departed 7 days early on a prepaid reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa