Conrad Koh Samui
US$142
US$138
  • Breakfast included
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$256
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$174
US$165
  • Pool
Bandara Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$88
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$171
  • Pool
ibis Samui Bophut(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$36
Agoda.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$361
US$107
Centara Villas Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$90
  • Pool
Sandalwood Luxury Villas(Maret)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$307
1,301 results
All reviewszest restaurantjahn restaurantprivate poolfive islandsapple tvdirector of operationsbuggy servicehilton pointsbubble bathentertainment systembanyan treein villa diningmain poolbedroom villasunset viewnearby islandsrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever visited. A two bedroom villa in the Residences section of the hotel is a fantastic place to spend some time. After a short buggy ride you open the door to the grass courtyard and are immediately blown away by the view. The upper floor had a large lounge with sliding floor to ceiling windows and a full service kitchen and powder room. Downstairs the two bedrooms both had full views of the water over the private infinity pool and luxurious bathrooms. The master bath contained a large circular tub and a two head shower. The bed was very comfortable and the overall finishes throughout the villa were top notch. It is surprising however how much wear and tear there is on this fairly new hotel, many scratches and stains are clearly visible throughout. The smart tv had a good selection of channels as well as a large complimentary on demand movie gallery. Fast wifi was also included. This is not a place you can wonder out of your room down to breakfast but the buggy transports were always quick and easy, if not a little exhilarating on the steep slopes. Multiple room service orders arrive on time and delicious. There was also plenty of comp bottled water available in the villa. The rain during my stay had the outside dining venues shuttered but I still enjoyed some of the enclosed locations. Without fail every single staffer at this property went out of their way to ensure you were enjoying your stay. While this hotel is located fairly far from the airport (45+ minutes) I think that contributes to it’s charm, this is a place you go to get away from it all and it lives up to all the hype. A simply stunning property with a great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Shawbee99,

We truly appreciate your kind words regardsing your stay with us and are happy to hear you had a great experience. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to Koh Samui.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

People took their business very seriously designing and running this place, any more on top of this is simply unnecessary.Since this part requires at least 200 characters , well, I can do with less to express our experience...

Room Tip: I find the third row of rooms ( particularly from 306 onward ) as an excellent choice.
2  Thank SINGYOAV
Justin P, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear SINGYOAV,

Thank you for taking the time to write your heartfelt review, I will be certain to pass your wonderful comments onto the team.

I hope you will stay with us again to experience smart luxury at its finest.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Reviews and Pictures can't even begin to convey how perfect this place is. I'm a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member and have stayed at many of the their best tropical resorts, but this place takes 1st prize. The view from the room overlooking the nearby 5 islands and farther remote islands is stunning. The villa infinity pool (which is the entire length of the villa) is breathtaking. I'm sure all the rooms are nice, but our room 303 seemed perfect - positioned towards the sunset and more private than other rooms (some of the pools in other rooms can be viewed by others above).

Buggy service to get anywhere is very prompt. The service (including their English speaking skills) is excellent (other hotels/places can be challenging to communicate). The spa and main pool area is very nice... although the room is so perfect, it is difficult to get out to the common areas. The prices for food and drink are very high, but we expected as much for a high-end hotel. We like to drink beer so we stocked up at the market about 8 minutes away ($1 US for a big beer vs. $8 for a smaller sized beer at the hotel). At the hotel, we had a long island ice tea for $20 each and you couldn't taste the alcohol - more mix and coke... 4 drinks, $80. Yikes! We went to the sunset cocktail hour a few times where the drinks were 2-for-1, which I recommend if you want to get out from your room.

A car or moped is necessary if you want to have the freedom to leave and go into town. Our car was $36/day. Mopeds are $6.50/day. We heard that the hotel has a shuttle into Chewang if you don't get your own transport. If you are into the hip, techno, beautiful people crowd, go to the ARK Bar in southern Chewang. It's very fun with a DJ and guy playing drums and cow bells. Very good eye-candy.

As mentioned, the rooms are so perfect, you may not want to leave. There is the infinity pool, a lounge table/sofa, deck chairs to sunbathe, a huge bathtub overlooking the ocean, very high-speed internet (faster than my expensive high-speed at home), big TV, Bose speaker system, Apple TV (with internet on the TV), comfy bed (with a pillow menu), 2 A/C systems, and an amazing bathroom. In fact, the bathroom is 1/2 the size of the entire suite.

The free speedboat trip to a nearby island was nice. 2 hours was just enough time to hang out and do nothing.

As a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member, we were given a complimentary 60 minute Thai massage for 2 upon arrival. We had 2 massages already, but this one was much better. The cost of the massages are very high when you can get a 60 minute massage on the beach for less than $10.

The only disappointment was the Jahn restaurant. The chef "tried" to accommodate our requests, but it just didn't work out. Our steak was undercooked and came with just the meat.... no potatoes, no veggies... and the menu didn't have the option to add these like other high-end places. They tried to make a Bernaise sauch, but it had no flavor and was watery-like. If you want a really good steak, go to Captain Kirk (yes, like Star Trek) restaurant in Chewang.

Overall, this hotel gets top marks. We are currently here for 11 days (on day 6) and could not be more pleased. The view is the best in the world and you have the option to get out and have fun in the town if you want (unlike the Conrad Maldives). I highly recommend this place to young folks, old folks, honeymooners and partiers. It's simply perfection.

Room Tip: All rooms have perfect ocean views. Our room 303 seems more private than most other rooms and a great view of the 5 islands.
2  Thank chrisjacobs30_12

Dear Chrisjacobs30_12,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything your stay at Conrad Koh Samui as to offer. Regards to your unpleasant experience at Jahn restaurant, I personally addressed with Konrad, our Executive Chef for his immediate attention.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at Conrad Koh Samui, We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My wife and I just spent a wonderful time in Conrad Koh Samui.

We stayed in the Ocean view retreat villa which is located in ocean front with fascinating ocean and sunset view! The infinite pool in our villa just perfectly fit to the blue ocean of gulf of Thailand. What a picturesque view!!!

The restaurant "JAHN" is their signature restaurant which provides very special & fine Thai fusion cuisine. It is a must-try restaurant in my opinion.

What impressed me most are the altitudes & services provided by all staff in Conrad! Their sincerity, hospitality and care-taking make me & my wife feels like home!

I am quite sure you will think every penny you spent in Conrad is worth!!

Here, I would like to thanks again the staff & services we enjoyed during out first trip in Samui,
Shirley &Embrose

Room Tip: Choose Level upper second & third, the view should be the best

Dear Shirley2206,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you were able to enjoy everything Conrad Koh Samui has to offer, we pride ourselves on delivering great service and I will be certain to pass your comments onto my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for 5 nights in a pool villa - I won't go on too much about the villa as many other reviewers tell the same story - stunning, ultra modern, highest quality finishes and with a fantastic view - very private.

The service was generally excellent - all staff made a huge effort to satisfy your every wish - the only hiccups were due to mis-communication and were not major.

Other reviewers have commented on how 'remote' the resort is - but after pretty much exploring the whole island by hire car and stopping for lunch or a drink at many of the other 5* resorts - I can say that all the high end resorts are remote in the same sense; i.e. you cannot walk to anywhere. I would highly recommend hiring a car for your stay - our car for 10 days was about $35 per day fully insured. Once you get the hang of driving on Koh Samui it's pretty easy. Also, the Conrad offers a free speed boat shuttle to a nearby island beach with several transfers per day so you can stay for an hour or 2 or the whole day - you can also order a picnic hamper from the hotel (at additional cost but about the same as eating lunch at the hotel). If you do the boat transfer the hotel supplies towel, water and snorkelling equipment. We did this one day and it was a great experience.

Other reviewers have also commented on the fact you need a buggy to get around the resort - well this is true of the other 5* resorts as well - most are build on hillsides to provide great views. We always walked around the resort - if you are reasonably fit it's excellent exercise.

If you wish to eat dinner at restaurant outside the hotel - there are several "nearby" options (up to 15 minutes drive) which offer a reasonably priced pick-up/drop-off service; for example, The Five Islands Restaurant, the Green Ta'lay, Elements Resort, the Intercontinental - you can check the reviews of these on TA. The Conrad will also do a transfer service but they are more expensive that the various restaurants' own service.

My "room for improvement" comments are:

- the cost of beverages (wine and cocktails) is somewhat too high (as compared to other 5* hotels) but certainly not a deal-breaker.
- the cost of soft drinks in the mini-bar is also over the top - you can buy a can of coke in a local grocery store for 13 THB (20 cents) so $5 for the same thing is too much. So of course, we bought our own soft drinks at a local store and put them in bar fridge.
- we ate dinner one evening at Zest and were the only guests which felt awkward - not sure where everyone else was. We also ate at Azure which was also almost empty.
- we never ate at Zahn as it seemed to not be the best value for money - but we did notice in one of the many Koh Samui dining magazines that the Conrad offers free transfer from/to anywhere on the island for outside diners. We sort of felt that they should offer some sort of incentive to in-house diners - e.g. a free cocktail or something.
- one of the things we like about high end resorts is a really nice bar - the Conrad does not really have a bar - there is a small area outside of Zahn but it is closed during rainy weather (it was drizzling the evening we went there so we had to sit at a table in the restaurant). They also offer a happy hour in the concierge area (beside Zest) but there is no bar there - any drinks are made in the restaurant - we went one evening and again were the only customers which felt awkward and the cocktail we ordered was poor at best.

Hope this review is helpful - it was a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank luxury-lizard

Dear Luxury-lizard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent stay at Conrad Koh Samui.
I appreciate your feedback on Food & Beverage which I have addressed with Roman our Food & Beverage Manager for his attention. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Apart from that I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your patronage, and should your travels bring you back to Koh Samui, we hope you will choose us again.