My husband and I stayed here on our last night in Koh Samui, after a 10 day trip of staying in sub-par hostels and miscellaneous hotels. We wanted to splurge for our last night, and splurge we did!
Our room was just a one bedroom villa, 200-something. It was absolutely stunning. The bed was super lush and comfy and the villa had a free pillow service so you could pick a different pillow if you wanted to.
We used the walkout pool quite a bit, and the water temperature was perfect. I was a little disappointed the sun only hit our pool at a certain time of the day (I think we missed the prime times) but the hotel can't really help that!
We LOVED the shower, private toilet area, and HUGE oversized tub. We also liked the complimentary fruit, macarons. ice (on-call), shower supplies, and bottled water. We took two cokes and the rum out of the mini bar, and I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was pretty expensive. Next time I would definitely bring my own liquor!
The villas are all on a very windy hilly side of a mountain, so they send golf buggies to move you around every time you want to go somewhere. I could imagine if the power was out this would be frustrating, but we never had that problem and we called them quite a bit! They were always fast to get us.
We ate at two restaurants there, Jahn & Zest. We had the best dinner of our lives at Jahn (though we spent about $200 for apps, entrees, dessert & drinks), and the breakfast was pretty good at Zest (it was included for us).
We also used the beach a bit, which was never crowded. My husband took out the free kayak one day but it was too windy so he didn't go far. Unfortunately the sand under the water is rocky and shell-y, so they provide free water shoes if you want to walk around in the water. They have several nice beds on the beach to just relax in.
The views are absolutely stunning, the food is delicious, and the weather was perfect. I would absolutely visit again.
Things that could have been better: For the price of the room, the mini bar should have been complimentary. Similarly, we paid 800BHT ($26) to get there via taxi (though we had to find someone who would do it for that) and the taxi the hotel sent us back with cost about 1500BHT ($48). I think the taxi from the resort to the airport should have been complimentary as well for the cost of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa