We stayed here for four nights and loved it.
- Set along a steep mountain, the view from every villa is amazing
- A private infinity pool (4 feet deep and 9 meters long) was another amazing feature – in every villa. While the infinity pool is very safe, I would keep a close eye on young kids when they are in there so they are not trying to climb on the infinity side of the pool.
- The villas are designed very well so you can enjoy the views from almost anywhere, including the shower
- You have to take a buggy (golf cart) to go everywhere in the resort. We quite enjoyed these rides and never had to wait long for one
- We had a rental car and they always had it prepared once we asked them to bring it out for us. Prepared included having the car out and AC running (since it was warm and humid). One thing they never did which would have been a nice touch would have been to include bottled waters in the car for the road.
- The complimentary boat to an island was nice. Things that could be improved upon were being punctual (we got to the reception on time and had to wait for 30 minutes. Also, the boat stopped for snorkeling for 15-20 minutes, which was not mentioned once before it actually happened. We ordered some coconut water, beer and mangoes for the trip and they had it nice packed in a cooler that was served at the beach – would highly recommend ordering some cold beverages/fruits as it is a nice way to cool off on the island
- Breakfast the restaurant was excellent. Had two dinners at the same all-day restaurant which were very nice too.
- One of the true tests is when something goes wrong. One time when the car was brought out and we were about to get in, my daughter spotted a lizard inside the car. As it could not be removed and we were not comfortable driving with it being somewhere inside, the hotel quickly arranged a complimentary car for us to use, called Hertz and coordinated an exchange of the car (although I had not rented the car through the hotel). I believe the hotel handled the situation exceptionally well and saved our evening from getting ruined completely.
- Excellent service all around – We saw the general manager (Stafan) out and about several times including once when he was being a buggy driver. I believe involved senior management plays a big role in setting the tone for the rest of the team.
- The resort is on the south-west tip of the island. Chaweng beach area, fisherman’s village, airport etc are on the north eastern side of the island. The drive time is almost an hour and hence it is a little bit further from the action. Several great hotels such as W, Six Senses, Four Seasons etc are on the northern side. We went for meals to each of these hotels and were very impressed. The bar at the Four Seasons is worth going to for a drink and the Four seasons was an absolutely amazing property with fantastic restaurants and service. That said, I don’t think any of these resorts have an infinity pool standard in their villas;
- Beach at the resort is not nice….very rocky and shallow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa