“Perfect honeymoon”
Review of Conrad Koh Samui

Conrad Koh Samui
Ranked #24 of 319 Hotels in Ko Samui
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights for our honeymoon and could not have been happier with our stay. We had read a lot of very good reviews and had very, very high expectations for this hotel and I'm happy to say that our expectations were exceeded.

The rooms are all fantastic--each villa is totally private and the pools are huge. All the villas have a fantastic view of the five islands. Based on the angle our room was facing, I think we probably had one of the "worst" views of the islands and it was still breathtaking. The beds were super comfortable and the bathrooms were fantastic. The air conditioning worked great--my husband gets hot easily and he had absolutely no complaints about the temperature in the rooms.

The food was also great and quite reasonably priced given the fact we were at a five-star resort. When we were there, it was the same price to have in-villa dining as it was to go to the restaurant, which was a great deal for honeymooners--we literally did not have to leave the room if we didn't want to.

The only potential drawback to this hotel is the location--it is quite far away from anything else on Ko Samui and there is not a beach at the hotel. We were seeking peace, quiet, and isolation for our honeymoon, so it was perfect for us. But, if you are a beach lover, this might not be the hotel for you.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel for a couple seeking romance and solitude. It was a perfect honeymoon hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz B
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Liz B,

It was a delight to read your review - thanks so much for sharing it with us! Sometimes the biggest luxury of all when away from home is to relax in one’s hotel room with great hospitality, thus we absolutely love that you did just that. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you both back again in the future.

Stefano Ruzza

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Conrad offers a great ocean view from the villa. But all in all the prices are far too high. People there are great and friendly, the villa is very nice, but some things do not match the price category: - small choice at breakfast very slight variety from day to day - food quality in the restaurant only medium - pool in the villa without any shadow - very small beach with 80% rocks - far away from the hot spot locations on the island (so perfect, if you like it quiet) All in all we had a nice stay, but the value for money is only 5/10 For the half price, we would come back ;)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Thorsten Z

Dear Thorsten Z,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Conrad Koh Samui experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your observations and feedback are much appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor guest’s needs and expectations.

Once again, thank you and hope to have a chance to welcoming you to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Views are amazing. Villas are large and very comfortable. In room dining needs improving. Had no mobile phone reception from local Thai True Sim. Very steep on many different levels and lacks atmosphere. Private pool is nice. We stayed in oceanfront villa 111 and would not recommend paying the extra as it is still 20 meters above the beach with no direct access. Villas on level 2 and 3 are more practical and have same or better views. Hotel suitable for honeymoon couples whom don't want to leave their room or villa during their stay. It's a long way to Chaweng where it's all happening (including the shopping).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank FJB391

Dear FJB391,

It was a delight to read your review. Your feedback and comments are much appreciated. I and the team will take the corrective measures necessary so as to improve and meets with guest expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you both back in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have lost count of the number of things that have '''made''' our trip to Koh Samui last week. The highlight being the Conrad at the south west tip of the island.

I travelled with my wife and daughter and was swept sway with the property, the rooms, the food and the overall spectacular service. I cannot list all the names of the wonderful Conrad Hliton family who made our stay a memorable one but would just like to specially thank Chef Woody, Hostess Lin, Simon and Stefano for really bringing out the Conrad Hilton Red carpet.

Kudos and hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Room Tip: A good view of the 5 islands would make it perfect
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EymardSaldanha

Dear EymardSaldanha,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Koh Samui. I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and will let Chef Woody, Lin and Simon know they contributed to your wonderful experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

great resort with a wonderful spa, very skilled therapists with precise technique. The food was absolutely delicious and we could barely leave our room as it was so comfortable. The views were stunning and we hope we can be back there soon as those were one of the best vacations we have had in a very long time.

Room Tip: The views a stunning
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie C
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Eddie C,

We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and appreciated our service and facilities. The view never tires for us too - it's gorgeous year-round. It would be a joy to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I'm probably not the right guy to write a review on a hotel like this one. Coming from a working class neighbourhood in Copenhagen, Denmark this stay was absolutely stunning. You don't walk on this hotel, you drive in small "golf ⛳ cars " from one place to another. Breakfast couldn't be better any place on this planet . We only stayed for 2 nights. The first night we had dinner at Zest (the main restaurant), and they served the best authentic food you can imagine. The second night at Jahn's (it will get its own review later). The staff, the surroundings, the rooms is just amazing. I can't say anything negative about this resort, maybe because I've never tried anything like this.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jan J,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything Conrad Koh Samui has to offer, and I will let my team know they contributed to your wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I don't know why I never wrote a review for this lovely location. It was incredibly romantic,the service was impeccable, and all vacations since have been compared to this one. None to date have met the high standard set by the Conrad Koh Samui. By the way, the breakfast was by far the best that I have ever had. They had freshly squeezed juices with so many options and every sort of food that you could want. One morning they even had a honeycomb that was just spectacular, dripping with fresh honey. Ohhhhh.....I wish that I were there right now. I would get full on a wonderful breakfast and then go lounge in our private infinity pool....I wonder if I click my heels three times if I would be taken back...darn, it didn't work.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nkubala07,

It never too late!. I can’t thank you enough for your great review and am truly elated that you had such a wonderful stay with us. It would be a joy to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.