Koh Samui has always been my second home. I come here twice a year on holiday and very familiar with all the luxury hotels of the island. My most recent stay at Conrad Koh Samui has surpassed my expectations. Apart from being remote from chaweng and lamai, there isn't much to flaw at the hotel.
We stayed at a 2 bedroom villa, which is one of the most generous on the island. Swimming pool is a full 18m long with 4 sun loungers and has abundant sun from 11am till sunset. And yes! It has the best sunset on the island because of its remoteness. If you check rates at other 5 star properties such as four seasons, banyan tree, or W, you will find Conrad to be cheaper. The villa is on two levels which includes dining / living and kitchen on top and the lower floor has two gigantic bedrooms and bathrooms. The pool is accessible from both bedrooms. The upper floor also has a lawn for cigar smoking or just gazing the stars at night. Also perfect for in villa BBQ.
The facilities include a large main pool and Conrad has since improved on the beach, though rocky it now has nice sandy areas with sun loungers and couple of cabanas for use. Very private too. There are also two hammocks in the sea. Very cute. Gym is excellent and there are 3-4 classes and activities per day including stretching, Thai boxing and yoga. There are 3 main restaurants. All day dining and breakfast at Zest. Woody the executive chef man the place and the food is good. I was told their new Thai menu will include many more authentic choices. Breakfast is good though selection is not as big. Banyan tree still serves the best here, but the quality is excellent, eggs are prepared beautifully any way you like. ( I swear not all hotels can so this. ) azure by the pool serves great pizza but again choices could be greater. Did not eat at jahn the flagship fusion dining this time.
The spa offers spectacular views and I saw they won award for best luxury hotel spa in2013 and 2014. My wife really enjoyed her massage as the pressure is quite strong. I do have to say that the sauna and steam should be left on all day instead of on request as I never had time to wait for the room to heat up... Takes at Least 20 minutes.
This time we brought our 11 month old baby and Conrad has made it such an ease by providing all that we needed in the room. Crib, blanket, potty, bath tub, set of cutlery, bowl, high chair, bottle steriliser..... Even baby slippers! Chef woody also helped us organize fish and veg for our daughter every day. He was most helpful and our baby was well loved by staff and guests! :)
Meantime I must also me mention the hotel's private speedboat which will take guest to the nearby islands for snorkelling and beach picnic. The ride is about 25 minutes away and though it may not be as pretty as Koh tau, it is much closer and an excellent half day excursion for te family. Best of all it is complimentary!!! They also have couple of jet skis for guests, so we easily stayed here all 4 days instead of going out given we travelled with a baby this time.
The staff here are the highlight of the hotel. Stefano and his team run the hotel professionally. Not only does he greet guests in the morning he cares of the hotel and have improved the facilities and activities much since my last visit here 18 months ago. Thank you Stefano, Simon, woody, Mimi, Mai, and many other staff which I may not remember the names. You guys have made this one of the very best holidays for us.
I can now recommend Conrad Koh Samui to anyone who wishes to visit Koh Samui in style. It may be the best Conrad in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travelbag, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa