“Above and Beyond...”

100 Degrees East Dive Team
Ranked #1 of 154 Tours in Ko Samui
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving and Snorkeling at its BestSamui's premiere Marine Team, specialising in a professional and personalised service. Offering dive education courses and tours and exclusive snorkeling tours to Koh Tao and Angthong National Marine Park. With a guaranteed maximum number of just 12 guests on any tour, you’ll be diving and snorkeling clear of the crowds to the top destinations in the Gulf of Thailand. Customer safety, service and satisfaction are our always our priority.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked the Koh Tao snorkeling tour on June 4, and our experience was fantastic from start to finish.

I had written the company about a month in advance to book our date, and I recommend this because the tour groups are small and can fill up fast. Caz was very prompt in answering all my questions and making arrangements.

On the day of the tour, their driver picked us up from or hotel on time and took us to the dive shop for a briefing. Ivan made us feel welcome, and put my fears at rest that the waters we would be exploring were very "benign" in terms of scary underwater creatures.

Some of the people on our tour were doing scuba, and some snorkeling. Chai was the snorkeling guide and he was incredibly patient with me as I took a bit longer to master the snorkel breathing given my sensitive gag reflex. After awhile I got the hang of it, and had a great time. Chai also went the extra mile of diving down to the bottom to point out interesting things like clams, hermit crabs, starfish we might not catch on our own.

The dive sites at Koh Tao are beautiful and teaming with beautiful fish, coals, urchins, clams, anemone, etc. We broke for lunch between our two snorkel sites, and I was surprised at how good it was. They even had a vegetarian curry for me as I don't eat meat - seriously, one of the best dishes I had on our vacation.

When we got back to the shop, my husband's credit card wasn't able to be processed through their card readers. Ivan was very understanding, and told us we could just leave our balance in cash at our hotel and he would pick it up later. That's a lot of trust he put in us, and we really appreciated that.

Highly, highly recommend 100 Degrees East for anybody.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Staying near to the 100 degree office I popped in to see what the deal was. Ivan took the time to explain what the day out trip would entail (I did the snorkelling and kayaking) and was great in explaining why this trip was slightly more expensive then other outfits.
Filled with confidence I was going to have the best day I arrived in the morning to a friendly welcome from Caz and Ben. Travelling on my lonesome I was soon put at ease by the personal approach the team offered.
The staff to guest ratio was totes amazeballs- 1 staff per 3 guests! With everything provided such as drinks, fruits, towels and equipment for equipment it made for a stress free day!
The captain (I forget his name) made sure we had a smooth journey.
Mr Chi is the marine life extroidinare pointing out.... And picking up... Things to show you. Being on my own he also took lots of photos for me so it wasn't a selfie filled day of snaps.
Mr Bo was a great guide for the snorkelling leading us to the caves and on an adventure.
Ben was also a brill guide making sure everyone had a great day. He adapted our schedule to make sure we avoided coming across other groups and had good chat for a Northern boy.

All in all this was the best day out ever. It's a truly personal service that you wouldn't get with other companies.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed two wonderful days out with the 100 Degrees East team. We did the snorkelling trip at the beautiful Koh Tao and the snorkelling/kayaking trip at Ang Thong Marine Park.

From the get go, service was nothing short of excellent. Caz was prompt in replying e-mails and getting us all set up for the tours.

Both trips were relaxing and really fun and the guides are highly professional and took really good care of us.

Koh Tao is an out and out snorkelling trip. It's a 90 minute speedboat ride out but totally worth it for the clear waters and beautiful coral reefs. Our extraordinary snorkelling guide, Mr Chai was great. One member of our little snorkelling crew wasn't very comfortable with swimming and he pulled her along with a life ring. He was also quick to point out many interesting creatures like a blue spotted stingray and sea urchins. I liked that they brought us to places where there were barely any other snorkelers and it made for a peaceful and relaxing day. Lunch is on the boat which is docked at a beach before we moved on to the second site of the day. We visited Mango Bay and Aow Leuk bay for snorkelling.

The Ang Thong park trip includes a snorkel at Koh Wao, where we were surprised when we were brought snorkelling through a cave! Also got to see scorpionfish, pufferfish and sea slugs, which was pretty cool. Thereafter, we pulled up on Sam Sao beach for lunch and it was simply beautiful and serene there. Kayaking followed, but ours was cut short due to very choppy and windy conditions. We then proceeded to Koh Mae Ko to climb up to see the view of the emerald lake. Very scary for people with a fear of heights and I opted out of it but one of the Thai crew guys stayed with me. We missed out on the last stop due to the windy conditions and headed back to Samui, but the crew's attention to safety was very commendable.

You pay a little more than what you would pay to other tour companies but it is so worthwhile. Only a maximum of 12 people on a trip, lots of fresh fruit and cold drinks and water, lunch, plus the way the programme is structured ensures that you don't end up snorkelling with a mass of orange life vests. After we saw a boat with 30 people on it pull up at Koh Tao when we were leaving, we knew we had made the right choice!

Kudos and many thanks to Ivan, Caz, Ben, and especially Mr Chai and the other Thai guides for being the best snorkel and kayak guides ever. You guys have made my first trip to Samui so memorable. Next time I'm back, you can bet I will be giving them a call to get my PADI open water certificate!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My sister and I did the our PADI Open Water Certification with 100 Degrees East - absolutely fantastic experience. Our dive instructor Jorma was patient, relaxed and most importantly, made the three day course fun and worthwhile. Overall the whole dive crew - from Jorma to dive masters Milla and Tom and the rest of the boat crew made sure we were always comfortable, safe and experiencing the best of what diving around Samui has to offer.

We visited three different dive sites in two days - two in Koh Tao that had wonderful coral (there are sea turtles in the area unfortunately we didn't see one), and on the second day we went to Sail Rock (absolutely phenomenal dive site).

Such a fantastic experience with this team, from planning to the actual dives and everything else 100 Degrees East made for an unforgettable 3 days.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a wonderful time on the day trip to Ang Thong marine park yesterday. Service and quality of the trip was well worth the extra cost. So e of the best snorkeling I've ever done. The coral wasn't the prettiest and the visibility was only about 25-30 feet (15m). The fish were amazing and the tour through the limestone caverns is what made it special. The Thai crew on the boat were great and we never even had to ask them to take a picture they were on it! The boat was top notch with no safety concerns. The ride out was what any person would expect for a 1 hour boat ride across open water. The captain clearly did his best with the throttle to make it as smooth as possible. We tipped them well because they earned it. The kayaking was pretty and fun as an experienced paddler I could have done more then the short loop around the island we did but for novices and less fit people I'm sure it's plenty. They definitely did their best to avoid crowds and when they saw their usual lunch spot was busy they took us to a different beach that was deserted. We saw very few others where we were snorkeling as well. Transport to and from our hotel was key as well since the taxis on the island are stupid expensive for the short rides. The food was tasty and they were very accommodating to my wife who doesn't eat beef or pork. We relaxed and swam on the deserted beach after lunch. The emerald lake was beautiful and nice for photos. There were very few other people when we were there. The stop at the park headquarters was brief but we had our photo op with the native spectacled monkeys. Overall a great experience with much better snorkeling then expected and top notch service.