“Delicious!”

Nuch's Green Ta'lay Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 1,335 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were staying at the Conrad but wanted to find a local inexpensive restaurant and that is just what we found! From the fruity drinks that we started out with to the main course we were not disappointed! We had 5 nights to explore the island and try different places and this was one we would repeat!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I came here in June of 2012 so this review is a little over due, but I feel this restaurant is worth sharing.

When I travel, I usually don't eat at the same restaurant more than once, but I made an exception for Nuch's Green Ta'lay here at Koh Samui. Their fried fish with sour and sweet chili sauce...my mouth is watering now just thinking of it!

I'm definitely going back when I take a dive trip out there. Great food and friendly service!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We made a booking and dined here for dinner on Christmas Day, 2013. After reading numerous feedback, this was definitely a place not to be missed. One would have to allow considerable time (roughly 25-30mins) to travel here as it is almost in the middle of nowhere. One taxi we took did not know of its location!

We were warmly greeted upon entry by the Taan, the host, whose attentiveness and efficiency made it a superb evening. Between my wife and I, we shared a whole range of food and the stand-out dishes were the "stir-fried glass noodles" (not on the menu) and the "squid stuffed with pork and glass noodles". Apparently the methodology and ingredients behind the latter dish was a signature of this restaurant. We found the food to be very authentic, not as oily or "heavy" as most Thai restaurants tend to serve. We also had a warm chat with David, the owner of the restaurant, towards the end of the meal.

During our one-week stay, this was the only restaurant that we returned to. It was that good and it was worth the travel. We wish David and Taan every success for the years to come! Keep the food superb and unpretentious!

Note the photos accompanying this review were from the two visits.

1  Thank sammerz
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dined here on the recommendation of a fellow guest at our Hotel. We arrived along with several others and not long after the place was full-always a good sign. Ordered Thai food which was excellent and reasonably priced. Service was reasonable considering the Restaurant was busy.
The Restaurant is owned by an American.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Green Ta'lay is a fantastic restaurant. On both occasions that we have visited in the last week the food was delicious and the service from Taan was charming. Ignore Madmannoman, he is clearly, as his name implies, mad. One tip - leave a little room for the homemade coconut ice cream, even if you have to share a scoop. It's to die for. And if 1200 bahts is expensive for 2 people to have 2 drinks each, 3 mains, 2 rice dishes and a desert then I'm a pineapple.

2  Thank BigMushy