“Delicious Food”

Ranked #251 of 1,388 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: W's all day dining restaurant, The Kitchen Table is delightfully unpretentious and fosters a convivial atmosphere - just like your own living room. Settle into plush, high-backed sofas to enjoy sweeping outdoor views while you meet and mingle with other guests and friends. The fresh, modern design is uniquely W, and the atmosphere is pure Koh Samui. Rich woods and natural stone are offset by crisp lighting, clean lines and soothing tropical colors. The welcoming communal seating areas offer comfortable couches and chairs, making it easy to get up and stroll around, or visit the massive open show kitchen where chefs converse with guests and share their trade secrets. Day or night, The Kitchen Table serves food from the heart, inspired - like our own kitchens - by the region and the world. The large wood-fired oven serves up baked treats, gourmet pizzas Upcoming special guest programs at The Kitchen Table.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had dinner here while staying in W. Thai foods are so great here. We love Tom Yam Goong, fried fish cake with egg yolk on top salad on the bottom and spring roll. We also ordered braised lamb shoulder with hummus & grilled pita. Surprisingly this dish was quite nice.

The atmosphere in the evening is just so and so, pretty dark actually. A bit difficult to take good quality picture unless you have high end DSLR. It's intentionally dark to give romantic ambience but a little more light would be nice.

Breakfasts were fantastic here. Wide variety of foods and free flow of orange juice. They served morning boost too, which changed on daily basis. View is great during day time which is good for picture taking purpose.

It's a recommended restaurant when staying in Koh Samui

Reviewed 27 June 2014

After our visit to the aquarium, we decided to treat ourselves and had lunch at W. The view upon entering is amazing, miles of calm blue ocean with lush green islands in a distance. The W did a great job capturing this property at its best.

My hubby and I had the Northern Thai set course while my child had the spaghetti from the kid's menu. Our food was delicious; scallop salad, duck curry and steamed fish. More importantly, I have had continuous upset stomach ever since I arrived Samui but W's meal did not give me a stomach ache. That is saying a LOT.

My child's food was served in a orange Philip Stack-like plastic tray and with the spaghetti in tomato sauce, it resembled dog food. Other than that, she loved the food and ate the whole thing.

The staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. I learned that the bitter tasting pea looking thing in the duck curry is actually "pea eggplant", a member of the eggplant family. The meal was not cheap but it was worth it.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We took a taxi today to the very impressive W Resort in Koh Samui. It's worth a trip out to the top of the island just to simply see and take a photo of one of the world's most amazing hotel lobby views. It's absolutely beautiful.

The W has a number of dining establishments but we chose to eat lunch at the Kitchen Table which is deemed as one of their more casual restaurants where diners can eat both inside and out on the balcony over looking breath taking views.

Lunch was I found was nice but not great. I ordered the Thai fish cakes and chicken, chilli and holy basil which as I said was nice but not great. My partner had the prawn cocktail which was amazing but his penne pasta with prawn and chorizo was dry. He had also commented that the chorizo was more like a cut up hotdog.

It was expensive for what it was but you're paying for a billion dollar view.

I think there's a fine line between attentive customer service and watching your guests every move like a hawk. Not sure if this was because we weren't staying at the W and staff wanted to ensure that we didn't steal the silverware.

After lunch we took a golf buggy to the very picturesque beach at the bottom of the resort. Again as guests not staying at the W, we were escorted to only the banana lounges that non-guests were allowed to sit at.

It was beautiful and worth having a look but don't be surprised of you're treated a little differently for those paying for the accommodation too.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent service and choice of food, breakfast was fantastic.

Make sure you try everything at breakfast

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Open for all three meals, breakfast was my favorite, with a huge selection of eastern and western breakfast staples, all well prepared, along with excellent baked goods. Dinner is good also, with a selection to meet most tastes, at prices that were surprisingly affordable for an expensive resort location.