“Yummy Thai-Good Prices”

Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We wanted to eat in town so a taxi dropped us off in the middle and of course being the Trip Advisor zealot that I am I recognized the name and went in. The downside was that is was filled to capacity and we waited a while for our food. But the food was really good with ample portions and fair prices. We ate the basic noodle dishes with chicken,spring rolls, Yum soup and mango sticky rice for desert with ice cream. All were delicious and servers who seemed to own the place were pleasant and attentive. The restaurant is on a busy street so its good for people watching but not for a romantic or quiet experience. It's cute with a clean tropical decor. I always rate comparatively in my travels so this is not a glamourous oceanside restaurant but instead a tasty family restaurant with good fresh Thai food which deserves 4 stars.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We happened to come across this place when we couldn't get into Barracuda. Everything we ordered was great, we liked the location for people watching and the banana chocolate pancake for dessert was divine!

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We where walking and walking, just to find a place to eat in the neighborhood. And it was really hard, because everything looks so poor, boring and dirty. After a while we just said to each other: let us just try this place, also because we saw other people earthing there. Then we sat down.

We where very surprised of the service! The women who worked there speak very good English and she was so service minded! I think se was the owner.
The food was ok to.
I ordered spring rolls and Masaman curry. The springrolls was very good. And the Masaman OK (not like other Masaman I have eated - but still OK). I ordered the food Thai-spicy (the spiciest), but it was not spicy - if you like spicy food.
Nothing amazing this place - but a OK place to eat in the hood! The hygiene and the prices is god to!
Can recommend this place if you just want a regular meal :)!

1  Thank TheCatJon
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We were staying in Mae Nam during the off season and a lot of restaurants we researched didn't exist anymore/were only open during the main season. We tried a few during our 6 day long stay and The Twins is one we went back to twice and would recommend.

The Green Curry was a "soupy" curry but very yummy (we were told in a cooking class, we took in Bangkok, that the common ways of preparing curries is either soupy or creamy). When ordering, the very friendly staff gives you the choice between "spicy" and "thai-spicy". I had the green papaya salad, a dish I always wanted to try and it was just delicious! Mind you, I ordered "thai-spicy" but I love spicy :)

The portions aren't the largest I have to say but because of the heat we couldn't eat much anyway. My partner wasn't too exited about the Massaman Curry but everything else we had was yummy (Green Chicken Curry, Green Papaya Salad, Egg Fried Rice with Chicken, Tom Yum Kung).

Prices are at the lower end of the scale for a restaurant, which allows you to order a second dish if you wish ;)

Little note at the end: When we were there it was only open from 18:00 - 22:00 for dinner and because of being the off season it was never packed.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

If you visit Koh Samui and if you look for typical thai-food, you will find it here on the mainroad in Mae Nam. A small restaurant, only open for dinner between 6.00 and 10.00 p.m. Perfect and high-quality-food, very friendly Service, low prices rfor the dishes. You have to come early, because after 7.00 p.m. the tables are complete.