“Perfect day out for snorkeling and beach picnic”
Review of Koh Taen

Koh Taen
Book In Advance
More Info
US$81.56*
and up
Half-Day Island Hopping and Snorkeling to Koh Taen
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Exploring the neighboring islands of Koh Samui is a must. Not populated and great snorkeling sites. But our visit was made special by a company called Island Gem Picnic who provided a wonderful and impressive beach picnic. Excellent food and the availability of drinks is unbelievable. Wines, beers, softdrinks and many more! Highly recommended. Very friendly owner, Gavin.

1  Thank gavin_lorraine

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A really nice place to visit for the day and it is very cheap, about 1,200 thb for a private long tail boat, which takes upto 8 people.
Snorkel enroute to koh tan and then enjoy a couple of hours on the beach once on the island, very quiet an escape to a marooned tropical island for the day!

8  Thank Miss Moffat A
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I wanted a nice snorkeling but did not want my time spent too much on a long boat ride to the popular Koh Tao or An Thong national park so I did some home work and chose to go to the near islands Koh Taen and Koh Mudsum. Both my husband and I enjoyed watching the colorful fishes swimming by during the snorkeling. The sunlight may not be the best in the year but enough to clearly see the coral life. we had a water proof camera and captured those beautiful scene in our memory. We also took a break at Mudsum and just relaxed at the beach, the water is shallow good for a long walk in the sea, quite interesting. Since Koh Taen (or Koh Tan) is relatively close to Koh Samui that other islands, we saved much travel time and could enjoy some afternoon after the trip. I guess Koh Taen is not that well known among tourists, the long tail boat only collected 9 adults & 2 kids in our trip, it's small group and almost feel it's a semi-private tour.
(stayed in koh samui for only a few days in late Sep, 2013 as a couple)

13  Thank AlohaChiang
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My family of four visit Koh Taen and Ko Mudtsum and hade great 1/2 day out. Snorkeling on great coral reef and great time on the beach. Also enjoy mountain and great resturant ion the main island. We used tourkohtean company that I would highly recommend.

OPther oporator use long tail boat with too many opeople (we where only 4 guest on a nice speed boat) maybe 30 or more and they walk on coral distroying it for all.
Defently be back