“DO NOT DO ANY ELEPHANT RELATED THINGS HERE”
Review of Na Muang Waterfall

US$30.11*
Koh Samui Round Island Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #38 of 153 things to do in Ko Samui
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were a group of two couples and we are people who prefer to explore and see things for ourselves. So we ditched the torus and rented a motorbike and made our way to the waterfalls.

We got there and was informed we couldn't get vehicles up the path (which was a lie as we saw some motorbikes 3/4 of the way up the path). So we walked up and let me tell you it is steep, we all had sandals on but managed to walk through the treacherous path. It was quite fun once we got to the top because there were man groves and a mini bridge. I wouldn't advise on bringing babies here and if you do bring your kids then please be careful as it is quite dangerous for wandering children.

Once we got up there, we were greeted by some locals who pointed us to the 1st waterfall and all we wanted to do was get into the water. We all plunged in and it was cold but a refreshing type of cold. I was tempted to drink the water, honestly!

After a while we walked further up the path to the next waterfall, it was not for swimming but more for taking photos and my partner decided to climb up the rocks (crazy I know). Thankfully he made it back down safely and then we decided to call it a day.

We made it back down the path and there was a horribly steep hill at one point and we were all so out of breath but we made it!

Once getting back to the entrance we noticed a couple sitting on a baby elephant and the owner was washing it so we stopped to watch. The couple told us it was amazing and we should do it too. So we negotiated a price with the owner which was 200 baht for all 4 of us just to sit on the elephant and take photos. One by one we all got onto the elephant and took photos but when I got on the elephant I was horrified when I noticed the elephant had cuts behind his ears and the owner kept hooking the poor elephant with his sharp hook behind it's ears. I just wanted to get off and leave.

My partner didn't have 200 baht so he have the man 500 baht and told him "I don't have the right amount so I want my change". The man completely ignored that and took the money and got on his elephant and made the elephant run off.

We were all so angry with this stupid mans actions so we followed him and by the time we found him he was already commanding his elephant to do little tricks. There was a girl on the elephant and her partner was taking pictures on the iPad and my partner went over to the man and asked for his change. The man was ignoring and grunting words to his elephant, I was worried at this point! The man still was ignoring and my partner asked him 4 times in total and in the end the man threw the change at my partner then threatened by saying "go quick!!" We were all in shock and we just walked away and then we heard some shouting and when I looked back the man was waving around his machete and I was in so much shock. Once we got back to our motorbikes that stupid man came back and was saying "f*** you" and he was on his motorbike racing pass. He then drove a little up the road and saw his friend and I noticed him saying something to his friend and they were both looking back at us. We had a flat tyre on our bike otherwise we would've drove right by him because I could see he was waiting for us and he had a knife so I really did not trust him. He got bored of waiting for us so he just disappeared.

I'll tell you as an honest person, please do not do any elephant related things here! Money hungry disgusting pigs! If it weren't for that man I would've given the place 5 stars but he ruined my day!!!

3  Thank g00nbAg

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

A tad overated n in d summers d waterfall is nothin but a trickle
Quite disappointed
Can b avoided
The animals too looked quite frail

1  Thank Natasha D
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The scenery was very pretty, but it was nothing special. It was like any other waterfalls. Nice, but definitely not spectacular.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having read about it in reviews and hearing descriptions from the tour guide, I was expecting something spectacular.

The waterfalls here, while a rather magnificent sight with water falling from the tall mountains- there was nothing special indeed. It was just like any other waterfalls.

The highlight was probably the very long slide leading from the top of the mountain into the lake at the bottom of the waterfall. We were told to wear our swimsuits but no one swam because the water did not look that clean, truth be knownst.

It was a good trek up to take photos and enjoy the cooling splash of water. There is a restaurant here where one could dine by the waterfall or have a drink.

For more detailed information and photos, do visit:

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We did this waterfall as part of 1\2 day trip with the main turing company over there.
we enjoy more the slides and the natural pool they build near the waterfall then the waterfall itself.
guess that in April (HOT) is not the best time for waterfalls.