My friend & i wanted to try a nice italian place that night, so we checked Trip advisor as usual , and based from the reviews, we picked La Lanterna, ranked 5# italian in Koh Samui,
First when we arrived the ambiance was fine, nothing fancy , the staff greeted us properly, we decided to try few dishes, pizza, seafood spaghetti, veal escalope.
When the dishes arrived on the table, it didn't look so good, the meat was like rubber, the sauce was so salty,the french fries was frozen and old, some was even still frozen .
for the spaghetti dish, it tasted like canned food, the tomato sauce wasn't homemade as for sure, and on the top of that, my friend got a food poisoning for that place. we had to go to Bangkok Hospital for treatment and it spoiled most of our holiday,
It is the first time this happened to us following trip advisor comments, i do believe that this place got a good ranking only by buying reviews. Cause believe me, This place has no chance to be ranked anywhere.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.