“Lovely beach”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Lovely beach”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lots of restaurants offering free loungers and towels, we enjoyed our walk and coffee at some big white restaurant, cannot remember the name

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Another place to take your friends out at night.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A lovely beach in the day time. A great place to eat at night. And then there is the night Market. Much easier to walk, straight up or down. Lots of new accommodation. About 20 min's. ride from Chawang Beach. Another good place to take your friends.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank colin w
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Just like the photos!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really loved this beach visually, I'm sure the sands have been placed by man as its perfect and the resort we stayed at manicured the beach every day. Really enjoyed the gentle easy walking contour of it too. The sand is slightly more course than I am used to so noticed it when walking in bare feet. The only negative here is the Hawkers on the beach selling their wares. I'm not used to this being from New Zealand so as this was part of my "rest & relax" part of the holiday it irritated me when every five minutes another Hawker would come along and disturb me when
trying to read my book/sunbathe. In the end we only went down to the beach when no Hawkers were around. We were very spoilt and had a room with a private pool so we tended to retreat back to that.

Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“A quiter beach.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lamia beach is quiet compared to the nearby beach of Chaweng. It's a fine beach but on my last visit there was some oil slicks on the sand which made it rather unattractive. And the choice of eateries at night time is much inferior to Chaweng. If you want a quiter beach and are happy with a limited choice of restaurants this may just be the place for you.

Visited March 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Beautiful beach and beach town. Probably the most beautiful touristical beach I have seen in Thailand; I insist on "touristical" as there are more charming little/hidden beaches elsewhere of course. Rent a scooter if you stay in Chaweng and go see by yourself, it is definitely a worthwhile little trip.

Visited April 2014