“a little bit of turkey in samui”

Roman Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #7 of 1,303 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Turkish restaurant ogle yemegi aksam yemegi
Seminyak, Indonesia
“a little bit of turkey in samui”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

i have eat at the restaurant 3 or 4 times for dinner
the mez plate , the roman special sauce with prawns (the will do it with chicken if asked )on rice on pasta , the ottoman kebab are really great
if your hungry head down on buffet nights so much food so delicious with belly dancing great night out

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Tongson bay, koh- Samui ,Thailand
“not quite there yet”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

went along for turkish food , only to find it very hard to find [the turkish food]
the turkish part of the menu was very small and then the spanish music in the back ground ?
the actual food was average but no problems with the service
would go again on the buffet night to give the turkish food a second chance to impress

• Visited March 2014
Thailand
“Very mixed impressions”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having not indulged in Turkish food for many years, on noticing this newish restaurant, we thought we would give it a try. I have rated this place as average because on our visit, some things were good, some OK and some pretty poor.

I'll get the bad stuff out of the way and hopefully end on a positive note.
The portions were very small and bad value as the prices weren't cheap, not that we were looking for cheap, but everyone likes good value. There was no Turkish bread on the day we visited, which was a real let down as I really fancied some pita bread. Apparently the oven had broken down and the salad was dull, uninspiring and half size.
The staff who served us had virtually no knowledge of the products listed and there were no descriptions of what an item on the menu was. I mean, what is a shepherd salad for example, as it turns out, it is a mixed salad.

There was a tall Turkish man who was obviously linked to the premises in some form, whether partner, friend of owner or manager who was lounging at the entrance and emitting just the worst body language, someone really should advise him to make an effort and not once did the owner make an effort to come over and see how our meal was.

We didn't go there for 5 star service but come on make an effort. We also sat at the front, al fresco style which was comfy but quite noisy next to the road. Inside would have been better as it was much quieter but I like a view. My choice, so not a complaint.

The meze was pretty good, traditional flavours and the lamb skewers were delicious. The bread served instead of pita bread was also fresh and tasty.

The Thai girl who served us was very friendly, helpful, great at covering for mistakes in a pleasant way!
I imagine the tempo might pick up in the evening and perhaps my review might have been overall more favourable with regard to a plus for ambience

If this restaurant can improve the vibe, get their kitchen in order, I will definitely return and give it another go. Lets hope some other reviews kick my average rating into touch as every place when newly opened deserves a break.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BillyJoelThailand
Lelystad, The Netherlands
“Turish food in Ko Samui”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The restaurant is located along a busy road. The owner is friendly. The Turkish meze was nice, too bad the bread was not better though. The lamb dish was good I was told, but the vegetarian food was below average, a bunch of veggies tossed together in an oven dish. We had 2 drinks and paid 1000 TB which is very expensive. Nothing special and certainly nowhere near the great Turkish food I have eaten before. Too bad but I would not return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Intothewild_AC
antalya
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely food.. Best in Samui!!! Nice and clean service, friendly staff and great athmosphere.. Highly recomended.....

3 Thank levent_bilgir