Vikasa Yoga Retreat
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$148
OZOHotels.com
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$183
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$169
  • Pool
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$204
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$88
Agoda.com
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$223
Orbitz.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$135
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
US$129
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$233
Orbitz.com
All reviewshealthy foodlife cafeocean roomteacher traininganti stresscoconut milkmorning and eveningbrunch dinnerlife changing experienceinfinity poolsilver beachoverlooking the oceanper daychewang beachthai massagespa treatmentsprivate beach
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I wrote this review at the time of our stay (May 2013) and had troubles uploading to tripadvisor, so I saved it in a word document and only just found it now cleaning out my hard-drive, so I feel the need to get it online now!

Our extraordinary stay at Vikasa: I couldn't rave enough about this place, will throw a few -rooms for improvement' below but if you're looking for a place to stay in Koh Samui - even if you don't want to do yoga - this is it. The location, food, staff, and rooms are all beautiful.

Location - perfectly situated between Chaweng & Lamai. Day 1 we hired a scooter, and everything was so easily accessible from there. The location was quiet and serene and the view to die for every morning from breakfast.
Yoga - me and my partner are total beginners and thought we would just attend a yoga session once or twice during our week stay but we ended up doing it every morning. The teachers were great, Bettie was our favourite, and by the 7th session we felt stronger and more focused than ever.
Food - we had a buffet breakfast everything morning and then drove around the island and ate lunch/dinner at different places, this worked perfectly for us. The buffet breakfast was different each day, fresh and delicious. We ate dinner there one night off the menu, we're not raw foodies but the raw burrito was so amazing!!
Staff - every morning, lovely smiling faces, wanting to help in any way! We didn't get to meet the owner unfortunately, teacher training was on while w were there and he was probably tied up there, we *think* we may have seen him in the cafe once or twice but couldn't be sure it was him, would have been nice to introduce ourselves and let him know what a magnificent place he has.
The Room - we had an ocean front room which was lovely. Simple, clean. We only wish there was a ceiling fan or a pedestal fan, due to the heat we wasted a lot of energy having the aircon on constantly, a fan at night would have saved that! Dont expect a TV here, bring a big book if you plan to spend time in your room! and relax!

Cant urge people enough to stay here, especially people like us who didn't do yoga before, we really enjoyed our stay!

1  Thank ladyaimee1309
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I attended a 5-day anatomy workshop with George and Si with excitement and some anxiety as I just started yoga about 2 months ago. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and came back home completely re-energized! George and Si were amazing teachers who were encouraging, knowledgeable and helpful, and took time to provide me options for the poses I found challenging and always open to answering questions. The view at Vikasa is beautiful; highlight of the day included morning meditations by the rocks. Food is healthy and delicious, the beach is just 10-15 mins walk away. Loved everything about this place.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Last April, I spent a week in Vikasa Yoga Retreat. I found this place a bit by change while roaming on the internet. At almost 50, I was looking for something that would disconnect me from everyday life's stress, help me recharge and regenerate, and possibly provide me with elements and tools on the mid long term.
In Vikasa, I found what I'd been looking for. The place is gorgeous and very quite. It is well located between the tourist hubs of Chaweng and Lamai.
I was upgraded in a room (ocean see view room) which offered breath taking views of the sea. The 5-day program, which included group meditation, yoga, thai massages, as well as one to one sessions was tailor made and intensive enough to really allow me to immerse myself. The instructors were very professional, experienced, at the same time easy going and very friendly, as the rest of the staff as well. A special mention for Betti, she is great.
Food also deserves a mention, healthy with a lot of veggies and fruits. It was tasty, and actually provided a rare opportunity to stay away from meat, fat and alcohol, with no difficulty.
I strongly recommend this place, as an exceptional opportunity to take a step back from our busy lives, take some time for oneself and discover practices and techniques that may assist to live in a quieter and healthier way. I hope I will have an opportunity to go back sometime.
A big thank to the whole Vikasa team.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It has been the 2nd time in Vikasa, when my friend said she would love to have a place to celebrate her birthday, and I thought why not go to Vikasa, it turned out that we have made the right decision. Yes! Every morning when you are immersed in the atmosphere with the familiar ocean melody, the beam from the lovely sunrise, they sneak in and wake you up, how beautiful it is! And I got the chance to see my enlightener Ms Betti Maul after 6 months, I have to say, she has shared with me the incredible experience and skill she has, her anti-stress program is a wonderful and amazing journey I have ever had in my life. It did have important influence in my life. It helps me to build up more awareness in every breath in and breath out. It helps me treasure every moment I have, every moment I live in the now! Thanks to the almighty that I could meet her in my life. Vikasa has became my second home because I feel warm and filling with love and light every time when I am there. Thanks to all teachers there, Ronnie, Craig, Anthony.. and the every person who I have met there, they are really sweet and awesome!;)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner & I just returned from a week long trip at Vikasa to celebrate our anniversary, and it was an amazing and glorious retreat indeed. The view was spectacular whether was it from our Ocean view room, the yoga sala, the infinity pool or the restaurant, and the service staff were all very pleasant, cheerful and friendly. The room was not luxurious, but is however clean, well-kept, daily change of towels, water top-up, and strong wifi.

We woke up every morning to birds chirping, the soft sunlight coming through, and head for our morning yoga class that is conducted in a sea-facing outdoor pavilion where you can hear the gentle waves and feel the sea breeze. The yoga teachers cater to all levels of practitioners, and the good rotation of amazing teachers who bring their own strengths to the class makes it challenging for when we wanted to push ourselves, as well as manageable when we have ran out of steam. I found myself learning different things from each of them.

Breakfast is a healthy buffet spread of salads, dips, fruits, juices and some grains. Selection is a little thin, and some mornings we order from the ala carte menu instead. The dinner buffet spread is usually very substantital and yummy! Fod lunch, we order off the ala carte menu and it surprised me how amazingly yummy healthy food can be (although I was many a times dreaming of fried chicken wings which they don't serve!) The real fruits popsicles is a must-try. Love it!

One downside to the resort is its location, which means if you want to go anywhere, commute is a problem. Airport transfer on a songthaw is included which helps, but when we went out for our anniversary dinner at a fancy restaurant in Chaweng and asked Vikasa's recep to arrange for a taxi, we were charged THB500. We subsequently managed to arrange taxi to and from Chaweng for 300, and believe we can get it cheaper if we weren't so adverse to bargaining.

All in all, it was an amazing experience we had at Vikasa and will definitely retun again to rejuvernate ourselves :)