“Meat!! After lots of rice and noodles.”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #104 of 1,323 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen provides an amazing dining experience. International Cuisine that is consistently packed with diners from all over world. Great "Bistro" atmosphere with large choice of foods and wines both inside or on our two large terrace
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After a lot of noodles and rice in Thailand, we've decided to go for some meat.
The kitchen is a trendy restaurant and looks inviting. People were eating with a smile of their face and not a Thai smile. Our really looked like they were enjoying their food, so we walked in.

As appetizer we ordered mussels with tomato sauce and cheese. This dish was mediocre as the mussels were a bit overcooked and chewy.

But then...the Main dishes.. We have ordered the 300gr Robert and the rosemary lamb shack. The steak was ordered medium-rare and served medium-rare. I did not have a scale with me, but definitely looked like a 300 grams steak. It was not the best steak I had, but still really enjoyed it. My girlfriend had the lamb and she was ecstatic. It looked delicious, smelled great and tasted wonderful.

Afterwards some homemade nutella ice cream and we walked of again with a big smile on our faces.

2  Thank Floris K
There are newer reviews for The Kitchen

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I where visiting the Kitchen on the 12th June. Interior is nice and new. Service is friendly, but rather unorganized. As starter we wanted to share a pizza Margeritha. The waitress informed us they for some reason dont have pizza, yes it is on the menu, but just this day, they dont have any pizzas. Ok, can happen, we decided to select from the starter menu. So, as starters we order Chicken Satay & Fried Calamaris, but before that comes on the table, we get our drinks - one regular coke & a zero, 70 bath each. Yes it says on the menu, that they are preblended, that does not nessesarely means that you as a customer should expect 0,2 Liter coke and rest Ice, and pay 70 bath for that - Total rip off !
Well the starters arrive, it is not much to wright home about. The Calamaris are "ok", the chicken satay are if we put it friendly rather oily and totally tastless. Peanut sauce does not taste good, and can not be used to bridge the lack of taste.
For the main, I wanted to have a good piece of meat, looking of the stunning photos, adverteising the thai beef, or, according to the waitress, the more prime "Austrailian Rib Eye Beef", I go for the 300gr, 580 Bath Rib eye beef, not expecting it like on the photo, but in fair condition. I order it medium - well. My wife ordered Ki Mao Khung - Stir frey eggnudles with Shrimps & vegatables. From my wifes dish, was the shrimps ok, all vegetables was canned, not fresh, and the eggnoudles looked ( yellow vs. white ), felt like ( noudles has normally a rough surface vs. smooth/glossy ) & tasted like tasteless spagetti. The "rib eye beef" arrived, it was significantly small, if it ever was over 300gr, then I can only say that more than half the weight was gone in grilling process, we all know that it´s not the case, but anyhow... started to cut on the more prime meat side of the rib eye steak, it was very though, Chew this bite for a loooong while. It taste like a very old cow. Try to cut on the other side, it´s worse....I ask nicely for the waitress attention, at first she does not understand my objections, until I firmly but still friendly say that I will not eat this, and I will for sure not pay over 13€ for this plate - I had to show her that the meat was nearly impossible to separate with a fork & knife. Then she took away the plate, and asked if I wanted to order something else ?
I said that we want to pay and leave. There was nothing more to it, the uneatable old cow, we did not have to pay, my wifes 95% uneaten main was fully on the bill. 790 bath for 2 "prebleded pops" and 2 below avrage starters - Not a bad rip off anyhow !!!
Oh God, was I longing for a good steakhouse in Europe, where I pay 15€, get 300gr, which is really 300gr, prime Argentinien Rib Eye, where they know what they are doing, and what they serving. Not to mention South Africa, where you get a fantastic steak for 8 €.

I should have spotted it allready before we entered, Smooties, Desserts, Sandwiches, Pizza, Quiche, fish, Steaks, Skewers, Burgers, sallads, cocktails, Thai, Pasta, soups, tatars - Everything possible to order - Means good on Nothing !

This was a total waste of time & money, and an experience that I dont wish anyone !

MaxBkkk, Owner at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Dear Katia,

We regret that our food couldn’t reach your expectations and also that our staff didn’t take more care of your order. Just to let you know that, at the time, The Kitchen was opened for few months only and since then, we took care of that problem, considering those kind of reviews. This is certainly not a valuable apology but if you take a look as the reviews now you can agree that they clearly differ from yours. Our motivation and our goal is first to satisfy the customer and we are really sorry that, at that moment, we could not.
Every dishes that we serve are made with fresh vegetables, meats and fishes and all cooked by a professional chef.
If one day you are eager to give The Kitchen an other chance we will be happy to invite you . If so contact me directly via info@kitchen-thailand.com

Best regards ,
Max
Management Team

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

the kitchen was a very pleasant experience as we really liked the food the staff and the atmosphere on the terraces . we really liked the pizza which was very cinsistent and the chicken . for desserts we had ice cream and it was as well very good I just regret they dont have more thai food- we will come back again

2  Thank aumpam
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We came for 2 days in koh Samui and we went to the kitchen ! Just a perfect and lovely place . If you want to have a good dinner With great atmosphère . This is The Right place . I Will be back for sure. I recommended it !

2  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Very happy to have visited this restaurant in samui food was very good and service very kind we will come back on our next holidays

3  Thank Chonlathorn B