“Perfect Drinks Menu”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect Drinks Menu”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best Belgian cafe I've ever been to. The beer selection is superb. The decor is very nicely done and the staff are attentive. I've given it 4/5 purely because I didn't try the food, which may be excellent!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a very cozy evening here. The staff was very attentive but there wasn't any other diners that evening - such a shame as the place lacked some atmosphere due to that. The place is nicely decorated and have comfy chairs.

The food was great with minor mistakes though.
They served us homemade bread while we were waiting for the starters and it was really good which was a surprise as Thailand is not very good with bread normally. It came with butter that I would have liked to be salted. We had oxtail croquettes, dried beef strips and baby spareribs for starters. All very tasty and nicely plated. The oxtail especially was yummy - good job.
For main course my wife had steamed mussels as they are one of her favourite foods she ordered fries on the side. I had the Aussie ribeye with fries and bearnaise. Both typical bistro dishes in Belgium. The mussels were also very nice and beautifully cooked, just right. But I was a bit disappointed that they hadn't removed the dead ones and reduced the soup with cream, which it is supposed to.
My ribeye was also cooked to perfection, medium-rare as requested, with fries and bearnaise. They dropped my sauce on the way out of the kitchen, but resolved it quickly, unfortunately the one they brought instead was cold and parted. I commented on it and they took it back right away, but the waiter told me that they serve it cold, which I found a bit odd, as bearnaise should be semi hot. I could have it warm if I'd like but said is was okay. Took a little while for the new sauce to arrive but this time it was right and tasted fine and acidic as I like it. The veggies weird dull and I didn't eat them.
The biggest problem I had was that both portions of fries were soaky and soft. Pluses for the fact that they were homemade but they should have been crisp.

All in all we had a very nice meal and will come back again. Prices are up compared to other restaurants in the area but thee food is so much better so it is definitely worth it.

• Visited July 2014
Claudio R, Resident Manager at Cafe Zazen - Belgian Brasserie, responded to this review, 28 December 2014
Looking for more Belgian Beers and Belgian Fries? Visit us at Zazen Restaurant in Bophut, Koh Samui.

For inquiries and bookings, please call us at 077-430 345 or send email to fb@samuizazen.com

See you soon.
Barnsley
“Expensive for Thailand but excellent food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Ridiculously expensive for Thailand. 2000bht per head with 2 small beers. Quality of food however is excellent. Service generally very good however they did spill blue cheese sauce all over me, and although very apologetic did not offer any assistance in getting cleaned not even bringing a damp cloth. Apart from this accident though I would probably return but this did slightly annoy me as it seemed they were not too customer focussed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kirsten M
Claudio R, Manager at Cafe Zazen - Belgian Brasserie, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Kirsten,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

You are the first person to rate Café Zazen – Belgian Brasserie, the team and I appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and are happy to read that you have enjoyed your overall experience with us.

The team and I do apologize for spillage and for not offering the assistance that was needed; I have briefed and trained my team to avoid such an incident from happening again. Please be reassured that costumer focus is our top priority.

The team and I look forward welcoming you back again.

Best regards,