“Good, but room for some improvements to make better”

Amari Nova Suites Pattaya
Ranked #39 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Koh Chang, Thailand
“Good, but room for some improvements to make better”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We decided to spend more and have the one bedroom suite and cook our own breakfast. Good choice because the suite is SO spacious. Huge, with 2 TV's and stylish dressing area and dressing table leading to the en suite. Very well designed. The shower was great, but there was room enough to include a step or seat.

The decor of black and white with red accents in pictures is very modern and could be considered stylish, but we found a little garish. The huge lounge was so comfortable, and we enjoyed being able to cook a simple quick breakfast.

Only snag is that the only frying pan was a wok, not flat bottomed. Also lacking in the kitchen was a cloth and dish wash soap. Not that we wanted to wash up, but just doing the odd cup or glass would have been better.

But the kitchen was so well equipped with a washing machine and dryer, microwave, proper size ice chest, etc.

Our suite on the 4th floor was steps from the swimming pool, open for sensible hours up to 10pm, and the well equipped gym was also very close by. Many times I was the only person at the pool.

I found the bed too hard, and the edge platform around the bed was very unpleasant to step over to get out of bed. Very awkward and in my view silly.

Another design defect was a slatted type of window from the lounge into the bedroom. I woke early, because of the uncomfortable bed, and needed light in the lounge area so I opened those curtains. But that let too much light into the bedroom where my wife was trying to sleep without any curtains to block that window. Pity.

Another positive for me was the amazing array of lighting options. Some dimmed, some were down lighters, and others large overhead lights to flood the room with light. I thought this was really good, and well better than most hotel rooms with one or two lights only. Well done!

The hotel is located off the main roads which may not suit everybody, but we had our own car there so it was perfect for us to be in a slightly quieter location.

A few niggly items were a tile out of the swimming pool, missing mosaics, some scuff marks on the paint in the suite. I would have expected higher standards from Amari, and maybe this hotel needs to be inspected.

All that said, we have been back to stay a second time.

Room Tip: Our one bedroom suite on the 4th floor was close to the steps to the roof top swimming pool and also...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear KCsaffas ,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay and enjoyed with our room designed at our hotel.
I appreciate you have taken your valuable time and shared your experience, your feedback is very important for us to improve and be aware of some areas that need immediately improvements, the pool tiles fix is already in our project.
In addition, Amari Nova Suites is located Central Pattaya however we have provided 24 hours golf cart service to Big C shopping centers and main road, Shuttle bus to beach road and Walking Street for our customer.
I am very much looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in nearly future.
Natsathida T.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Let me start off by saying this - my first couple of days here were not as awful as the last. Beside the hotel being extremely grimy and the internet not working, it didn't get gross until the shower.

After my shower shot out dirt that smelled like sewage remains and fecal matter I immediately called the front desk. They sent someone upstairs to evaluate the problem to which he said it was unfixable. The front desk lady was then "kind" enough to have him escort me to another room to shower.

The first room I was escorted to was from someone who had obviously just checked out. It reeked of cigarette smoke, had trash ALL over the place, and had wet black hairs all over the bathroom floor. Call me picky but that's just disgusting.

After telling him no - he then proceeded to take me to someones ACTUAL room who was checked into the hotel (by mistake hopefully?). I had to quickly run out. Then he told me he was sorry but nothing they could do.

When checking out a couple hours later, they did absolutely nothing to compensate for the trouble and thought it was funny.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Atlantareview
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Atlantareview,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Amari Nova Suites Pattaya. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.
I do apologies on behalf of Amari Nova Suites Pattaya. After investigated, I confess we got things wrong and the service you received certainly did not our usual standards. We did some important emergency work at the tank of our warm water system, it caused effect to some of the guest room. Please rest assured that we have addressed this with our team involved to prevent this from occurred and we will continue to make improvements in our service levels.
I am sorry that I didn’t get the chance to apologies to you in person. However, I certainly hope to hear from you in the future or when you next plan a trip to Pattaya.
Again, I sincerely apologies and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Best regards,
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We arrived here on a leisurely family vacation and were pleasantly surprised by the value we got.
A corner suite with all facilities of both a furnished residence and a hotel room. The breakfast was nice and crisp. I had thought of it as a downer since it was not located on the beach but there it was...the beach shoreline just a few metres of walk away. There's even a 7-11 convenience store nearby. The staff were nice enough to give a complimentary city tour and golf cart rides to the beach too! Overall, had lots of fun in and around the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and preferably a front facing balcony in the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vaibhus
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Vaibhus,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I much appreciate the time that you took to let us know that you enjoyed with our breakfast and you had good experiences with our hotel.
Your great feedback will be shared with the team and become a great motivation for us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have been staying at Amari Nova suites multiple times for the past one year. Compared to other accommodation I have stayed in Pattaya, Amari Nova is one of the best budget "long stay" hotel that you can stay in Pattaya. The rooms are big and reasonably clean, the Kitchenette is a usable one unlike many of the other places I have seen, rates are reasonable (except during peak season), complimentary breakfast is decent. free wi-fi is fast and stable - except on 4th floor.

This place is overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms in the front if possible so as to avoid traffic noise. Wi-fi on 4th floor wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Chennai-Indian,

Thank you so much for your nice review. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you had good experiences with our hotel.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again in the near future.
chennai
Reviewed 17 May 2013

wow, what a room we stayed on 3rd may 2013. though the hotel is bit inside the street but very walkable to beach and alcazar show.
size ! amazing room size and a sitting area. room equipted with every everything u can think of. our kitchenette included washing machine, toaster, microwave, all and all cutlery and usable utensils quiet enough for six persons, though we were two only.
just gr8 room and very good and warm welcome. everthing was upto expectations. during pattaya visit a must stay hotel what we can say.
only drawback when returning late night tuk tuk demand huge thb almost 150-200 from walking street to amari nova suites. so while going tuk tuk costed us 20 thb for two persons and while return we paid thb 150.
overall fabulous stay because of well designed room and living area. gr8 part is the biggest ever size of tv i watched almost 52" in living area and seperate tv 32" in room.
gr8 stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Concepts,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experienced with us. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. We are happy that you enjoyed with our service and facilities at our hotel and you had good experiences with us.
delhi , india
Reviewed 24 April 2013

the staff is good , ambience is excellent , really very clean and maintained !!! no words , excellent service staff , great abt everything , breakfast is limited and expensive compare nearby area pricing , and even u combine with the room rate its higher in everyway since variety of food is not so big , but otherwise hotel service is good , location is bad very far from beach u must have own vehicle ot take taxi to reach the beach , in no way its close to beach more thhan 2 kms to nearest beach , walk is tiring they drop free to main road but when u come back again need walk ,

location is really the biggest minus point ,

all other points friendly hotel if u have own car or motorbike and dont mind staying too far from walking street its good property to live in

Hotel must add conditioner seperate alongwith the shampoo ,( the shampoo and toileteries were normal- )

staff is very polite , but sometimes service calls are not answered on time there is delay in getting housekeeping , otherwise all is well ,

Room Tip: all rooms are same
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank suneetkamra
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Suneetkamra,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you were enjoyed and satisfied with our service. Your comment is very important to us to improve ourselves and I do understand your opinion regarding issues such as our location however we have provided 24 hours golf cart service to Big C shopping centers and main road, shuttle bus to beach road and Walking Street for our customer.

Apologies for the telephone call issue, it is duly noted and will be addressed.

So thank you for your comments again however I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The hotel lobby was gorgeous, the staff were on the ball and checked us in early. The room we had was a one bedroom suite on the 8th floor and was beautiful and clean, we had a balcony. It was a small one but it was definately sufficient.

The kitchen area has a front loading washing machine, which was handy.

The roof top pool is awesome as well as the spa. The pool chairs were new and modern. In fact, all of the hotel seemed to be in a state of newness even though it isn't.

Unfortunately the -5 Ice Bar is no longer in business so don't expeect that to be operational.

The hotel offers a shuttle to the main road and to shopping centres if specified.

Even though we loved the hotel, We would not return to Pattaya as We thought is was a filthy place and seriously, the only time we felt clean was when we were in a major shopping centre or the hotel itself.

The Pattaya Beer Bar is a nice place to visit though. If your are looking for a place to eat a nice Australian steak, then Beefeater Bar and Restaurant is a really nice place to eat. Albeit a tad on the expensive side for Thailand but what do you expect for a couple of imported steaks.

Room Tip: one bedroom or corner suites are preferable. The gym is on the eighth floor so staying on the 8th wo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judeanddave2015
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Orchard_road,
Thank you for taking the time to post your photo and share your experienced with us. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed with our service and facilities at our hotel. I know it's been a little while since you stayed with us. However I do hope it won’t be the last time. I would love to hear from you to arrange a future visit and hope that we may have the chance to welcome you back again in someday.
Take care and Best regards,