Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2012

it was great hotel with good rooms neat and clean swimming pool well maintained dining room good food

Room tip: take beach side rooms
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank robohorns
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just back from a 3 day stay at this hotel and have to say will not do again due to the level of service I recieved during these days.From the time I arrived at 4pm ( check in time is 2pm) was informed rooms not available even booking and payment had been made 1 week before.After getting no where with lady at reception who was very rude and unhelpful a senior person upgraded us to another room and next day we were put in our original rooms. The service in the morning breakfast is non existance so just look after yourself.

Therefore I would not recomend this hotel due to poor service.

Room tip: stay away from units facing out as noise will effect you as rooms not very soundproof.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank 705golfer
Reviewed 2 August 2011

When I heard that we will be staying at this hotel, I was a bit terrified because the hotel would have been built like some 30 years ago, and it's at the lively Pattaya!
When I saw the old pix of the old website, worse feeling of very old building, outdated rooms and pool. But then found a new website and looked like the hotel and rooms were refurbished so I felt much more comfortable to stay here.
Once checked-in as a big group (from company & suppliers), I got a room which was in a "new wing", connecting to my friend's room so it was good! The room was huge with a big king bed. View was nothing but the driveway of the hotel and next door abandoned field.
The slide-door of the bathroom was strange though, could not really close the bathroom. Big problem with the drainage in the shower cubicle. Water wouldn't go down till hours. Another annoying point was the air-con, it was automatically shut down at sometime during the night. I woke up sweaty a few times! Then still didn't realise the air-con was off, so I continued to sleep. But it became too hot that I woke up again and realised there was no air, so I bothered got up and switched the air-con on.
More terrible thing is that I could hear doors open of all rooms nearby. It was so loud. The lock was not just one click but it's about 4-5 click for each time you open the door. So click click click click click all night! That's another reason to wake me up!
Anyway, the pool was fine. The breakfast buffet was adequate, and no complaint. Staff was ok. The beach is just walk across the road front of the hotel. Big shopping mall - Central Festival and Hard Rock Cafe & Hotel were few minutes walk away.
For a group rate, I think it was fair. I don't mind staying here again, but I would pay a little extra for somewhere nicer. I didn't say Hotel Tropicana is not nice though!

Room tip: Rooms facing front swimming pool should be nice!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank patrick-syd
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 night stay in pattaya.

I stayed in many diffrent hotel in pattaya but this time I am traveling with my family and booked this hotel because their was some kind of festival was going on and it was hard to book the rooms because all the hotels were full.

The room was spacious and their are 2 swimming pools with clean water. Rooms are very old and need to be updated. This hotel can be excess from the beach road and 2nd road.

We have enjoyed our stay in this hotel. You can catch the bath taxi to reach to nighlife area and shopping malls.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This was my second time stay in Tropicana. This time I stayed seven nights and did enjoy it again.

The staff is still friendly and efficient, the service is still good. My first stay with them was over a year ago and I was very pleasantly surprised when their restaurant supervisor immediately recognized me at breakfast and greeted me warmly. That kind of treatment does make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2010