“Prostitution in Hotel”

Intimate Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #84 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel looks very nice and Agoda reviews were all positive, but later found out Agoda deleted my negative review. The night we went to the pool a barbeque was taking place and the pool was filled with what appeared to be Thai female prostitutes. Later we were awakened by prostitutes running in the hallway laughing. In the morning the staff informed us that at least 4 from the pool were taken to rooms on our floor. I was shocked that this hotel's management allowed outside women into the pool area and would condone prostitution. Definitely not a family friendly hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
29  Thank kirk0233

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The most positive side of the hotel is their "staff"....All the staffs r soooo much cordial , helpful nd friendly nd professional also...always deal with their guest with a smiley face...rooms r spacious nd clean. Have a balcony...try to take a room in the front side of the hotel which is less nOisy...breakfast is good...the hotel is value for money...my 3 yrs daughter was sad to leave this hotel nd me also.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Nusratmoni
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Came to Pattaya for some R&R with a friend of mine. When we first arrived I was a little put off by our hotel being located down some dark appearing alley. My fears quickly subsided when a friendly staff member in a uniform came running down to grab our bags and directed us to the entrance. From first walking in we could tell that this hotel was a world apart from the usual concrete box rooms we had been used to. The reception was clean, well lit and extremely welcoming with friendly staff at reception 24 hours a day. The hotel does charge for Internet though which is a pain but at 3 bucks an hour who cares!
Ok so down to business, Tim Boutique is very well positioned in Soi 14 a full block back from the beach (200m). A quick walk out of the front door and to the main road (20m) puts you right in the heart of shops, bars and even a shopping centre with movie theatre. There are many food options within 2 minutes of walking to suit all budgets and tastes be they local or western.
The hotel is about a ten minute walk to Walking St or for 20 Baht you can jump into a public taxi and get there in under 5 minutes. A private taxi will cost about 80 Baht and takes 2 mins. I found Walking Street to be pretty seedy so I drank at the bars along Soi 15, my favorite being Papagayo's!
The hotel has a nice rooftop pool with swim up bar, cold jacuzzi, outdoor showers and free guest towels.
The staff are very VERY professional, well dressed, speak good English and are very helpful, not to mention friendly.
The rooms were well appointed with clean, new furnishings, very spacious and nice showers. I stayed in the delux room and it had air con, local tv and a small balcony. The room noise was not a problem for me, I was never woken up but I was on the 5th floor and getting home at 3am every morning so if you stay with a family I'd suggest a room up from ground level although I never heard music from bars or people outside during my 10 day stay.
The breakfast was great and plentiful. Buffet style with food to cater for all tastes and a very clean restaurant.
Another thing to note about this hotel, if you or your friends are so inclined, Tim Boutique does not charge you extra if you bring a companion home for the night.
Overall, I was very impressed with my stay at Tim Boutique Hotel and was sad to leave, this hotel as above standard for Thailand and you can tell that the family that owns the hotel has gone to alot of effort to bring it up to western standards. I will stay here again and will not consider any other accommodation in Pattaya.
P.s - Start your night across the Soi in Tim Pool Bar playing pool then slink into Tim Bar Beer for a drink with the girls, good atmosphere and not seedy at all. Late night food cravings? Grab a Thai pancake from the street vendors on the main road just outside of Tim Bar Beer, I recommend banana and corn with condensed milk, sugar and Hershey's chocolate syrup, heart attack in a meal!
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank casperluc
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I posted a previous review of this hotel about a year ago. What has changed since then is the construction of the new wing is now completed, so no more noise anymore due to that.
This is still one of my favorite hotels in Pattaya.. Price is a little bit high compared to other hotels in the area, but if you shop around on some of the hotel websites (asiarooms, etc.), you can usually find a better rate that what is on the tim boutique website.
The hotel must be doing something right as they are near full occupancy (including the new extension) even in the middle of low season.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2011

just stayed for 6 days, really loved it, location is great, near almost everthing, all major points. Staff are very helpfull , very polite. There is a constraction runing for the whole day, they start quite early in the morning and never stop untill 17.30/18.00, that is really annoying , thanks god that I am morning person, if you are not than I strongly suggest stay away from TIM Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Really I like this place but should change third staff which they are working in the reception really they don't respect their customers and looking for tips more than other things and it is not with me with many customers .

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 21 May 2011

It defeats my how higher end hotels think it is OK to charge for internet while the £10 a night simple but perfectly good ones down the road include it in the room rate. Reason enough to ban it for my future trips.

But, if that doesn't bother you it's a decent hotel - although the service is a little ropey. After 15 hours travelling they kept me until the exact minute of check in time before the room was made available - annoying seeing as though the hotel was plainly not full.

Good pool, decent big and clean rooms and a great breakfast are all good plus points, as is the location.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the building work...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends