“First hotel experience in Pattaya, was worth of visit”
Review of Intimate Hotel

Intimate Hotel
Ranked #82 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Helsinki
“First hotel experience in Pattaya, was worth of visit”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel in my first trip to Thailand that took place in January-February 2012. Since it was my first trip I didn't know what to expect in general of hotel standards in Thailand. Now after 3 visits in Pattaya and 3 different hotels I can guarantee this was the most luxurious hotel where I have stayd in thailand no doubt about it.

The hotel is located off 2nd road 2 minutes from Mike's Shopping mall. Now when I think back my two other hotel choises they were definately better located in my point of view as a person who likes to party every night on Walking Street. But distance from Walking Street is reasonable still and this hotel is on the baht bus route so couple of minutes from Walking Street with baht bus. On the other hand location suites well for person who likes to sit daytime in beer bars and nighttime in Walking Street since this hotel is kind of midpoint of Walking Street and all beer bars in Soi 8 & Lk Metro, so not close to some specific place but reasonable distance to many places in all directions.

This is definately guest friendly hotel which is important for my activities but also attracts western couples and this is the only hotel I have stayed in Pattaya of which I can say so. Maybe not for families with small children, but not so single male tourist oriented hotel as other hotels I have stayed. Service level is great. Doorman opens the door for you what ever time of the day or night you come in and there is always service available.

Restaurant is great and serves good Thai food with wide opening hours and cheap price + breakfast buffet is superb. Pool area on the roof is great and there is also good bar for coctails etc. in the pool area. And you can order food from the restaurant downstairs to pool and enjoy rooftop view while eating your custom made English breakfast. Pool is very popular so it might need some effort to get sunbed but once you get it it's wort of it.

Rooms were clean and quite new and everything worked as dream. Balcony view was good enough. Aircon worked best what I have experience so far. So room was more than ok. Of course this room cost some extra money comparing to two other hotels I have stayed in Pattaya, but if you want some luxury it costs more.

I can recommend this hotel to person who is not so party oriented but wants to be in the middle of everything in terms of good restaurants, shopping etc. Good place to stay but maybe not best place for me and my way of living when I stay in Pattaya.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Constanta, Constanta, Romania
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husbant and I stayed at Tim Boutique for 9 nights and we weren't so pleased with it. The room look old (but clean), the double bed had 2 matresses instead of a big one, the balcony didn't look like the one in the pictures of the hotel... Also the sheets, althougt they were clean, had a patch and so on. The breakfast was quite good: thai dishes were delicious, but the muffins and the juices were not too good. The coffe was acceptable. The staff was very friendly and considerate, especialy after giving them a small tip. The swimming pool is on the roof. It's not too big, but it's quite deep and has a jacuzzi. There is also a bar on the swimming pool. I find it great to sit in the water and drink a cockteil. There is no free wifi in the room. The positioning of the hotel is very good: it is close to the beach road and only few meters from the second road.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Lismore
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My stay at the Tim Boutique was great, staff were very helpful and friendly the Motel was comfortable and modern and facilities were great. There is some reservations going on on the second floor and a little outside but these things have to happen from time to time so not a big deal, just ask if you can be put in a room away from it. The only down side with the Tim Boutique was the food, the quality of the room service breakfast, lunch and dinner was not very good at all needs improvement. But over all I was happy with my stay. Location is good close to everything but far enough away from Pattayas night life that you can relax and sleep without hearing a lot. Rooms on the front side of the Motel are best for that. You have a shopping centre and cinema right next door and some western style cafes and restaurants just as close if that's what your looking for. Pattayas beach street is a block away along with all its street side shops and entertainment. I would recommend the Tim Boutique to most people.

Food not so good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2012

this hotel is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. they firstly charged me for ice, secondly they charged me and my friend another nights stay for what they said was marks on the tiles in room. managers bell boys came an took photos of what appeared to be shoe marks on whites times in the room. this could easily be cleaned with buffing machine. they insisted they recover the monies from us to cover the higher of the machine. this was totally out of order. i hv stayed in many hotels in pattaya and thought i would give this one a try, biggest mistake i had ever made. also they keep on comming to ur room to check mini bar, soap in shower(leave me alone). there are much much better hotels in pattaya for cheaper. try areca lodge, baboona, lk group. i would strongly suggest u dont stay here if u want to hv a good stay in pattaya. u hv been warned. they rip u off on the first opportunity.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank elliotshaw
Port Noarlunga, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a week in August (18th - 25th). We were already at another hotel, but were so disgusted with it that we only stayed one night and we booked Tim Boutique Hotel at the last minute through Asia rooms. What a lovely hotel!! Our room was on the 19th floor, it was extremely clean, the bed was huge and comfy, the bathroom modern and the water pressure great. The staff were ever so friendly, and did't mind coming back to clean our room at weird afternoon hours. Twice I left my gold watch and purse on the bedside table and not in the safe. Nothing was touched, that is great comfort to know that there are honest people around. We spent a few days lounging around the pool and really enjoyed it. The pool itself is amazing, and the spa at the end of it is great when you are up having a drink at the bar. Only complaint is that at night, we went up for a quiet drink on the roof top and the only alcohol they served was beer!! No spirits. At the end of the street there is a little "bar" which we stopped off everynight on our way home for a beverage. the girls there were lovely, and did not harrass us and let us enjoy a nightcap. This bar is frequented by a few expats who can tell you some great stories!! Overall, the level of comfort and service for the money is truely amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Went for king size bed - the room was big, comfortable. The bathroom great - clean with a jacuzzi, shower and electronic safe. The hotel is very nice with a pleasant staff.
The location is good with 20 meters from 2nd street and 7/11. The villa market, cineplex, mcdonalds are just 2 mins walk from this place.
Have used their umbrellas multiple times - it rained every day when we in Pattaya. Always had plenty for hotel guests :-)
Rooftop pool is nice with a pool bar and my kid enjoyed in the kid pool which was large enough.
The housekeepoing folks were great and we always found are room made even when we had requested at odd times. Rooms had balcony (not exactly) but a separate area from the room all covered with windows. We used that to dry clothes after swimming. Didn't have a good view anyway. The cable reception was bad (all snow in the channels) though it had variety of satelite channels - my kid was glued to bloomburg that showed all cartoons usually tom & jerry.
Pattaya beach is very close - 5 mins from the hotel. The area is buzzing with action - day or night.
Breakfast - good but the menu is almost the same everyday. I stayed for 4 nights so got a little bored with the menu. But lots of variety in the buffet even for a vegetarian. They charged for tea/coffee also which I found surprising. Usually electric kettles are free to use in other hotels. They provided 2 small bottles of water free everyday without any charge.
There are lots of indian resturants nearby the hotel (10 mins) walk on either side of second street.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnuragDewan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

While I was staying here, major refurbishment of the reception lobby was taking place. It was almost complete when I left. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. They have both shower cubicle and seperate bath. The beds are huge, and the room has efficient air con, as well as a safe and fridge.
The rooftop pool was really nice and a small infinity pool for sitting and gazing over the rooftops is also there.
Minor criticisms? Well the Wi Fi is not free and also can be inconsistent, the reception area was a mosquito haven so don't sit there too long!
Overall a good place to stay with friendly staff. I will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are nicer and have larger balconies.