“A good choice”

Ranked #69 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“A good choice”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for 3 nights. Good location, nice rooms relatively inexpensive with attentive staff. Has all the facilities you would expect from a high end hotel and should a return to Pattaya be on the cards then i would definately look to stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I spent three nights at Tim Boutique mid-September. I reserve in the least expensive category and was staying on the 2nd floor. The room is really beautiful: a very large area, a refined decoration, a large bathroom with a large shower plus a huge bath (resembled a Jacuzzi) I did not like. The hotel is very well placed 50 meter set back from the main street, so close to everything (of course I'm simplifying) and the gap of the street. The staff was lovely.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I have been to pattaya many times out of which 3 times I have stayed in this property this is the best in its class service hotel. For everthing the reception staff have a smile on there face and are 24 7 ready to help. Its location is awesome swimming pool is a roof top swimming pool with a great bar it has its own bar called the tim bar just outside u have the avenue mall on a 2 minutes distance large and clean rooms great atmosphere no guest entry fee. What else does a traveler want to my suggestion this is the best to go if u wanna go to pattaya. I am of to pattaya in 2 days time and again this is the hotel I have booked. Looking forward again to have the time of my life.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank satish99897
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I cannot believe the high ratings users give this place. See my other reviews and you will see I am very easy going on my hotel reviews. It gives me no pleasure to give a poor review but this hotel earned it. From finding blood stains on my bed upon arrival, broken door jams, moldy tub, broken shower drain, ripped sheets, dusty shelves, dirty floors and so much more!

Sure the reception area is very nice but once you get past that open your eyes! The elevator was a mess, the hallways were hot and dirty and I had a smell coming up from the drain in the room.

The staff was for the most part friendly enough but when I asked for a manager to come to my room and showed them blood stains on my bed they acted like it was nothing. Sure they changed the mattress cover but never even apologized for this disgusting site. I can assure you if this happened in the U.S. I would have had the manager bending over backwards apologizing for this.

after I found the blood I looked around more and found nothing but dirt and broken items.

See the photos as they speak for themselves

I ended up cutting my stay here in 1/2 as I was so disappointed.

The food is sub par for Thailand and overpriced.

For the price you can do MUCH better staying elsewhere. Please look around before you book here as it is not what you think it will be.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a quality room here worth the money!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank tahitisteve
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have reviewed this hotel before, but I felt an update was needed as the hotel has changed names. It was previously known as Tim boutique hotel (named after the owner: Tim), but she decided to rename it the intimate hotel in the past few months. Not sure why as nothing has really changed. Ownership and staff remain the same. I guess she wants to rebrand the hotel. None of the staff could tell me why.
Since my last stay, the renovations to the lobby have been completed and they now have an outdoor deck area on the soi where you can have dinner. I didn't see a single person eating there. So it probably won't last long. The breakfast buffet is average and is not included in the room rate unless you purchase that specific package. One drawback to breakfast is that it now shuts down at 10 AM, a half hour earlier than before. If you are a late riser, just get the room only rate. There are plenty of places nearby that have breakfasts going much later than that.
Rooftop swimming pool is great and lots of guests take advantage of it. They also have a swim up bar.
Positives for this hotel are big clean rooms, some with jacuzzi baths. Also, the staff is very friendly and it's not an act. I always feel very welcome there. Another positive is the location. It's within walking distance of all the major shopping centers, the beach, walking street, etc. taxis are always waiting at a stand a block away. Plus you have the 10 baht buses on second road.
Negatives are noise from the row of beer bars behind the hotel. If you go to bed early, the bands playing at these places may bother you well into the late hours. Also, rooms are not well insulated, so if you have noisy neighbors, you will likely hear them. This also applies to traffic on the hallway. You will likely hear a lot of doors slamming, etc.
However, the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion. I have stayed there many times before and have never had a problem that couldn't be quickly resolved. I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Intimate Hotel, also known as Tim's Boutique, is one of the more popular hotel choices for guests to Pattaya. As such, I decided to book a jacuzzi suite through Agoda for 5 days. The cost savings booking through Agoda was significant over booking directly on the hotel website, with the caveat being no refunds will be given if the booking is cancelled.

The staff is very friendly and professional during check in, and readily available if you have any issues.

The room itself, while not very big, was clean and bright, with modern appliances and feel. Location is very good and close to major areas by foot and other areas easily reached via the blue baht buses.

Overall I felt room and hotel was good value for money I paid and service was excellent.

Things I liked about Intimate Hotel:

- Staff was friendly and professional
- Jacuzzi was a nice feature, with cool lighting options and powerful water jet options
- Bathroom water pressure was decent, and hot water was actually hot and stayed hot when filling up the jacuzzi tub
- No guest fees
- I liked the hotel location off Second Road and tend to pick hotels in this area. To the left of the hotel is The Avenue complex which has various restaurants, a movie theater, stores, and a pool hall. About a quarter mile away is the Royal Garden Plaza mall. Multiple stores, restaurants, and beer bars line the areas around the hotel. Walking Street is a little over half a mile away. And of course the blue baht buses can easily take you around Pattaya city.
- Breakfast is good quality with choices for western style and asian dishes, and even eggs to order.
- Hotel laundry had some of the cheapest prices I've seen for a hotel of this class, and well worth not having to walk around outside looking for cleaners.
- Room flooring was hard marble type which I prefer
- My 6th floor room had a nice view of The Avenue complex next door

Things I did not like:

- wifi is only free for guests that book directly through the Intimate Hotel website. However, booking through another site like agoda and purchasing internet on your own may still be much cheaper than booking through the hotel. For example, the jacuzzi suite I booked through Agoda was almost half the price that was offered from the hotel website. I purchased 24 hours of wifi time for 350 baht (24 hours means you get 24 hours so don't forget to log off). This lasted me the whole 5 days.
- wifi speed was slow, a little over 1 mbps download speed when I was using it.
- Even though the room was called a jacuzzi suite, it was one of the smallest suites I have ever stayed in.

As you can see only a few minor things I did not like. Overall I liked this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_sick08
whittier, ca
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great hotel in a very central location. The rooms are large, with nice bathrooms and bedding. The front staff is top notch, always friendly and helpful. They serve a very good breakfast and have a nice outdoor grill for dinner. You get a very good room rate but with that comes a charge for just about everything. Don't like the fact you have to pay for WiFi but even then it's not much. They have a very nice roof top pool with a swim up bar but show up early as they don't have enough umbrellas. The hotel just remodeled the lobby it's very nice. The only negative I can say is the housekeeping is hit and miss. Some day is is was great, others not so much.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo