“Great value, service and staff”

Intimate Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #86 of 466 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What immediately stood out was the the cleanliness and newness of the hotel lobby and also the guest room, and for the price, this alone would make the hotel a great value. However, the helpfulness of the staff sets them apart. I checked out and left my passport and Rolex in the hotel safe, not one of my finer moments. My concern turned to relief when I called the hotel and they had both items. They offered to express mail it to my hotel in Bangkok, free of charge, but I had my concerns with handing off my important property to the mail system. They understood and to alleviate my concerns, for a very reasonable fee, they arranged a driver to deliver the package to my hotel in Bangkok. I was so impressed by their level of customer service, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Pattaya.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Location: Think about the location before going there! While the location on second road was great for shopping with very easy access to central shopping centre forexample with a baht bus there were propably atleast 5 bars right under our window blasting music loud into the night. Noise pollution was my number one and only consern at the hotel. Earplugs were a must. Also walls seem to be made out of paper so you can easily hear your loud shouting neighbors come back to the hotel late at night and disrupt your sleep.

Service was great at the hotel with very friendly staff at the reception and
the pool.

The pool was awesome! Seems like pics dont do the rooftop pool justice. The pool bar is great with very affordable fruit smoothies (at 100baht). We had no problems getting sun beds. Good selection of music was played softly and overall it was very relaxing.(Excluding the few obnoxious customers who came there shouting and jumped into the pool with clothes on)

The room was clean with a ridiculously large bed. WI-FI was very good! Connection was good and speeds were great for thai standards! With earplugs we slept great. Noise polution from the streets and other rooms was an issue.

Can not comment on food as we did not eat there.

Overall very good value for money, just take the location into account.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Lauriama
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The room was new and spacious with good decoration. The bathroom was excellent with a jacuzzi and a separate shower.

The swimming pool, bar and sauna on the top floor was excellent and the fresh smoothies great. The breakfast selection was quite normal and boring after couple of days.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Netmikko
Reviewed 30 January 2014

just back from ten days in pattaya hotel excellant room service great maids in daily changing beds etc food very good in hotel and reasonable priced roof top pool area constantly cleaned and ideal for sun worshippers staff all very helpful and cant do enuf for you

Room Tip: we had a room on the third floor which seemed to have double glazed patio doors then another set of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gillian008
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Everytime I go to Thailand I stay at the Intimate Hotel, formerly the Tim Boutique. Prices to stay here are very reasonable, staff are excellent to deal with and the food is excellent and very cheap. Its right in the heart of Pattaya and everything is close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a great hotel tucked away from most of the noise. Overall the hotel offers great value for money, is clean and with spacious rooms, including a seperate shower cubile and bath. We stayed there for 4 nights in Dec 2013. The staff are very friendly and attentive and when we arrived they had left a bunch of roses for us on the bed and filled the bath with rose petals and water!

The breakfast that was included is basic and the same each day - Having said that, for what we paid, it was a bonus to be offered any breakfast.

The airconditioner can be noisy as it is a unit on the balcony rather than ducted and some feather pillows rather than polyester would have made our sleep better.

Overall, I would say the hotel offers great value for money and the staff are delightful

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baddream1
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Air conditioning in room is good!! Bed is great! Lobby nicely air conditioned. Internet is free and excellent speed. Also, I was allowed early check-in to my room and after long flight, I appreciated this.

Manageress does not speak English, so it is very difficult to conduct normal business. She is surly and makes no effort to put her guests at ease. The other hotel staff are very pleasant.

Next day, I was falsely accused of smoking in my room (Fine EURO 50).This was also a mistake which they acknowledged but, yet again - no apology.

Breakfast is at best "average"

On 3 different days, I was fined a small amount of cash for a stained bed sheet.

On another day while I was out, the cleaning lady and maintenance staff entered my room despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign being prominently displayed on the door. As a veteran traveller, this is the worst break of trust that can happen and violates a guests security. No items were missing from the room!

Don't get me wrong, despite these issues, this is a quality hotel and as long as I get a good sleep, I am fairly content. Maybe I expect too much?

On a slightly off topic issue. Bangkok International Airport funnels many billions of THB into the Thai economy. I suspect far more than half national income yet they cant be bothered investing in proper air conditioning and after a long journey and the hour in the queue at passport control - I feel they need to reassess their priorities.

Room Tip: High floor at the front
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo