“Convenient location, Terrible rooms”

Caesar Palace Hotel
Ranked #132 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Hong Kong, China
“Convenient location, Terrible rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Caesar Palace Hotel is right opposite the new mall, Central Festival Shopping Mall, and close to the beach.

The hotel itself is poorly maintained, some rooms are refurbished whilst others are horrifying. My first room did not have air-conditioning, and after some complaints and the maintenance came to fix it, still no change as it was purely a fan, not air-conditioner. The shower was rusty and the whole bathroom was terrible. The room was dark, the beds creaked and sofa was scratched.

After a change of room in the second night of my stay, the room was acceptable as it was recently refurbished, much brighter than the last with working air-conditioning. Also the bathroom improved, but overall the rooms all looked poorly maintained.

The restaurant was below ground level and was not very clean, and there was a smell of bleach. The buffet breakfast did not have much variety but was acceptable for the room price.

Overall, the rooms were very poorly maintained, but for the price of the room the refurbished rooms are acceptable.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a recently refurbished room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed here for 2 consecutive nights in Nov 12. Within walking distance to the beach, opposite Central Festival Shopping Centre, the newest shopping centre along Pattaya beach. There were also a few other shopping centres and 711 stores along that stretch and a night market nearby. Lots of eating places near the hotel and within the shopping malls. Foodcourt/fastfood outlets aplenty.

We had 2 connecting rooms on the third floor. The rooms were renovated, reasonably clean and in bright/cheerful colours though close scrutiny revealed wear & tear but no big deal. The management made effort to make the rooms nicer with little decorative touches here & there. The floors were not carpeted (ceramic tiles), a good decision for a beach resort.

Electronic safe, minibar (in bright cheerful colours) and LCD TV (quite big) in the room. I called housekeeping for a hairdryer and was told that I have to return it to the reception within 2 hours, chargeable (cannot remember how much) after that! This was very inconvenient for me as I was already in my pyjamas!

Bathroom: clean, very basic. Only a tiny bar of soap and a tiny bottle of showergel provided.
Bath towels: clean

Buffet breakfast: Not much variety but tasted not too bad. However, we saw a rat scurrying past one of the table in the dining area! Food is not hot enough. Pre-cooked sunny side eggs on trays were cold.

Security at reception counter: We dropped our keys at the reception before going out at night. When we asked for our keys upon returning to the hotel, the reception staff did not bother to verify if we were indeed the rightful guest of the rooms. She simply gave us the keys to the room number we asked for. On one of the occasions, I had remembered the wrong room number and she gave me the key without verification!

Overall, our experience with Cesar Palace is better than expectation after reading the reviews here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor - no issue.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Clouds
Ipoh, malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Me and my wife stayed in the hotel. all the while I was thinking that I am staying in this hotel of the same type as in Las Vegas, and to my astonishment, it is a big surprise. The room it self is not up to the standard. The bathroom sink has to be changed long time ago. Most of the staff are not fluent in English. Even I asked for hot water, I got cold water, and repeatedly I asked for hot water and at last I got hot water and it is through the reception. The breakfast is very bad. The bread is not up the standard as it is being baked by an apprentice cook. The jam is very sweet , ( I think they should have add colour and sugar). The bread I wanted is toasted by my self and there is no toaster at all. Out side appearence is beautiful but inside is worse. Allmost all the staffs are not well educated in the sense of English and this place is well known for tourist. My friend were sleeping in the 5th and 6th floor, they experienced bed bugs bitting them. Next time I don.t recomend this hotel to anyone. Not to be mistaken as Caesars palace in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Never get a room in the 5th and 6th floor,Full of bed bugs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank santhira
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Cesar Palace Hotel is on perfect location specifically who is going with family.

Staff was co-operative, they have some English speaking problem but I don't think it's an issue at all. having average swimming pool. Rooms were also satisfactory proper in size, carpet was clean, Bed was ok, only the fridge was having some Bad smell(while checking out I had mentioned to staff),but rest of other things I found quite satisfactory.
Hotel should provide tea/coffee maker as they give room service from 0700 am onwards. Buffet breakfast was good having good varieties. Beach is hardly 10 minutes’ walk.
Food outlets, ATMs, Money Exchange all required places are just around the hotel.
If someone looking for good average hotel I would recommend this place & I don't mind to go again when I'll visit pattya next time.

Happy Travel :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank hello s
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

aside from being in the heart of pattaya, the mall was across the hotel, shops and massage parlors, eating places, bars etc :) so it was pretty much easy to go from your hotel to places and back. i love that you do a 5 minute walk to the beach, although beach wasn't nice :) shopping was good though, there's a lot of nearby shops. like from your hotel turn right and when you reach the intersection turn left and cross the road. on the side on your left are cheap clothes, plus at the back is a supermarket :)

staff: im sorry but they weren't that nice. and attentive to the guests, also they can't provide information because they speak so little english and i don't think they understand as well. which i think is important. They can't understand our inquiries but fortunate for us we had an english speaking tour guide. on our 2nd night, we noticed that we were missing water bottles, the one's that they charge. and that was the day we had our room cleaned. so we told the information about it but of course they couldn't understand us so we had to wait until the next day for our tour guide to do the explanation.

the pool was nice :) the view from our room is nice and clean. it was spacious for 3 people :) the bathroom is clean, the aircon is good! :) the space and extra cabinets were a lot so that's good :)

the buffet breakfast was terrible. they served tasteless hotdogs, pancakes, noodles, and i think everything except for the cereals. and they had the same menu every breakfast.

Room Tip: our room is on the 8 th floor. the elevator was only up to the 7th. but its ok. from the stairs you...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Inna_bonita

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Medan, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Very arrogant front office staff and impolite.
When we arrive in the hotel, receptionist didn't greet us. Never talk properly, speak very loudly. She didn't treat us as a guest. Didn't explain to us what do and don't in the hotel

The very worst things is, before we ask, she already screaming and talk very loud, I don't understand why she behave like that. a friend of mine was Thai people also can comment that she is very rude.

I would not recommend this hotel to Asian people. People that can not understand English better not to stay in this hotel. Receptionist think that we are so stupid that do not understand English and when she speak always say " UNDERSTAND" I could say that I speak better English than her.

VERY BAD STAFF ATTITUDE.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Celine260904
Oz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

When you enter the hotel it looks impressive from the lobby, but the rooms are not upto the mark for the price, when compared to other hotels around. Better to search a little more and get a good comfortable room for the same price.

The elevator smells, the carpet is torn and filthy, and the room amenities are very basic. I agree with the previous reviewers, there was no power poin, service was poor, and the staff seem to have been instructed to "charge more money when they can". You get a lot more for the same price elsewhere. The shower head was too low for a normal size person to fit under. I'm short(5'3"), and even a local would only just fit. This all was the tolerable part.

The hotel does not look too kindly to singles who stay out late enjoying themselves. Even though I was staying in the room by myself, I booked a double room for two people. But when I brought a friend over one evening, they charged me 500Thb cash upfront. They said it was a 'hotel charge'. When I asked the night manager to show me where it was written down in a policy or condition, he could not. Even though I had a paid room there, I walked down the road and booked another room for the night for that price and stayed there. They soon forget you are a 'paying guest'. Even the internet use isn't free.

Left the next day and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Dan06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
The Camelot Hotel Pattaya
#69 of 442 in Pattaya
Bay Breeze Hotel
Bay Breeze Hotel
#83 of 442 in Pattaya

Been to Caesar Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!