“Don't expect 4 star quality”
Review of LK Royal Suite

LK Royal Suite
Ranked #96 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 25 September 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and at the quality of the rooms. Nicely decorated, sweet smelling etc.after unpacking things started to go wrong: the light in the entrance began to flash. I reported it and promptly a man arrived to change a bulb. It still flashed so I reported it again suggesting a wiring issue to be told not to worry. Faulty wires and fires mix well but it seems that it's nobody's problem but mine.
The lift was taken out of service all day. Being put on the second floor meant I was stranded (disabled). No arrangements made to move me in or out!
The room internet wouldn't work. When reported I was told they knew this half of hotel had a problem so leave the room door open if I wanted to use the net!!! Now the layout is such that the rooms corridors are open access - enough said!
Throughout the night it is extremely noisy what with a nightclub and taxi stand just across the way. People shouting, others cleaning all make for a sleepless night. Oh and with the kitchen extractor fan screaming away outside the balcony!!
The breakfast is not geared for westerners. 2 rice dishes, mushroom soup, a chicken chow mein (or similar) and pork in black bean sauce - are in the mix. No bacon, sausages etc that is typical in most worldwide hotels.
I asked to move to the half of hotel that had working internet, working lights & lifts only to be told to pay more.
I'm not asking for much just a safe, clean room and facilities I've paid for. Here you don't get that.
To top matters off part of the spa isn't working and there is no duty manager after 6pm.

Room Tip: Insist on a room in the main hotel and certainly NOT 233, 234 or 235 (all above kitchen)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sthyorksguy
There are newer reviews for LK Royal Suite

Reviewed 11 September 2013

first time I have stayed on soi buakhao I paid 2,500 bhatt for a Jacuzzi suite and initially I was impressed,however the room does look in need of a makeover [walls stained]the air con in my bedroom [503]was very noisy. I contacted reception but nothing was done.i was going to book another two weeks but couldn't sleep due to the noise so moved to soi Diana.
when I got to soi Diana after unpacking I discovered I had left my [sports] watch at lk royal so I contacted them and was told to ring back later. I know I left it in my room [on the table in the dining room] but receptionist told me that nothing had been handed in. I will let you draw your own conclusions on what happened to my watch.
the swimming pool is a fantastic place to unwind but there is no waiter service

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank potter1962
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is situated just south of Pattaya Klang and On Soi Bukhao. It has quick access to transportation no matter which way you want to go. Restaurants are close by, as well as commercial facilities,such as shops, banks and pharmacies. It is also close to a hospital in case treatment is needed.
I have stayed at this location a number of times and would encourage others to give it a try. Did I mention that the Breakfast is one of the best in Pattaya?
The only drawback is that the walls are relatively thin and noises seem to travel.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a quieter stay
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sanget
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Being an avid traveler, I must say this is the best hotel I have stayed so far.It was just the type of place you need if you are looking for cozy , spacious, luxury room.It was just like an home away from home.To compare it with the price it charges, it is definitely double the value for money you spend.The room takes care of all your needs.It has a splendid mini bar to refresh you and lift your spirits. The couch in the hall rooms just seems perfect for an idle slumber. A special mention should go to the big round bath tub with excellent Jacuzzi to take away all your jet lag.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveladdict2202
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Got my old room, one bedroom suite why change a good thing. Every time I have arrived there I have been stressed from working hard and I have a great rest and chill. Food good etc but restaurant closes at 3pm now, they used to do dinners so thats a shame as also is the lack of service at the lovely pool which is hardly used. It is by me. It is a bit of a mission to get a drink or fruit platter delivered and I have seen the dishes sit there for 2 days. Very clean. Nice staff,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NZBreezy3
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Hotel is located just off the beat which suited me just fine, close to all the action but just out of the way of the hiped up area's (walking street,beach road) Unfortunately the STAFF working there have really bad English and the service was not good, the staff were very ignorant to me and my friend. Im a polite nice genuine person i did not recieve it back not matter how hard i tried. Other that that the hotel is good value nice and clean fresh and fancy.
We had the 80m² Delux rooms.
The shower would be either too cold or too hot but i got by, small things dont bother me much but i will mention them here for others. My friends room the A/C would only work sometimes.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room, viewing Soi Buakhao
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We checked into the hotel during May 2013 and had booked a One Bedroom suite. The check in was quiet slow but the Room was very good. The AC in the bedroom wasnt working properly and they sent a technician to fix it immediately. The breakfast was good and served until 11 am..... good variety .....open air....... but they charged extra for a child's breakfast as they allowed only one child per room free breakfast. The room and kitchen was awesome and kids enjoyed their stay. Recommended for family stay and I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is awesome with 3 balconies in total........
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family