“Excellent option for some peace and quiet”

Whitehouse Condotel
Ranked #106 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
New York City, New York
“Excellent option for some peace and quiet”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have stayed at this every time I have visited Pattaya, since about 2009. There was no particular reason why I chose it the first time, but after I found it, I didn't want to risk staying in a different hotel that turned out to be a dud, so I have always come back to this one.

The exterior is clean and there is an ATM conveniently located on the property. The front lobby has a security guard and a doorman, both friendly. The front desk is always staffed and they are always friendly too. They remember your room number and give you your key with a smile and greeting every time.

As for the rooms, they are comfortable. I have stayed in the Deluxe Suite Room (most expensive) and the Superior Room (least expensive), and the quality is uniform throughout. Not much in terms of decoration, but for me that is fine. The decor is standard, albeit a little dated. Beds are large and comfortable. Electronic safe in every room. Air-conditioning is cold. Bathrooms are modern and the water is always hot. The doors are heavy and the walls seem thick because I've never heard noise from other guests. I think one of the things I like most about this hotel is that it is indeed quiet. The clientele seems mostly middle-aged men (no families that I've ever seen), and no kids. It's a quiet place, and that's one of the biggest draws for me.

Breakfast is included, and it is what it is. Nothing special but it does the job.

The only word of caution I would offer is the 2nd floor room close to the front entrance (on the side of Soi 13) is very close to the beer bar across the street and can be a little noisy. I stayed in that room for a few nights and you could hear the band playing until late at night. If possible, request a room at the back of the hotel or on a higher floor. Other than that, no complaints.

NOTE: Has a pool on the roof but I never used it. Fitness center gets 3 marks (even though they don't have it). Golf trips planned for you if you are a golfer, but I am not and cannot comment on the quality. If I had to guess I am sure it would be top-notch.

NOTE 2:

I would recommend this hotel to people that are looking for a quiet option in the otherwise noisy city of Pattaya. Great service, friendly staff, no frills, and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank TheEveningPaper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I've stayed here twice now, am returning for a third stay in a couple of months, and intend to make this place a regular stop in my Pattaya visits. The place is reasonably priced, spotless, and in a terrific location. Modern, well-furnished and maintained. It's on Soi 13, which is a relatively quiet street in Central Pattaya. Only a few merchants; mostly hotels. Very little vehicle traffic, and the people who are walking are usually leaving or going to their hotels. There are bars at each end, on Beach Road and Second Road, and the hotel is only about 50 meters from the one on Second Road, but the rooms have extremely thick double-paned windows and sliding doors - so heavy that opening the ones that lead to your balcony is a two-handed task - and you can't hear a bit of noise once you close the doors and windows. I had a room on the second floor facing the street. You can't get any closer to street noise than that, and it's the quietest place I've ever stayed in Pattaya. I suspect the other rooms toward the back of the hotel are even quieter, although I don't know how much quiter than "no noise" is necessary. Anyway, no matter when you decide to retire for the evening, street and bar noise will not be a problem. Great air conditioning, good shower, sufficiently roomy bathroom and no plumbing problems. Guest-friendly, discrete and very cheerful and accommodating staff, and very reliable (and quick) housekeeping. The location is perfect for a single guy. You're a 5-minute walk from the Soi Diana & LK Metro entertainment, a 10-minute walk from the Soi 7 and 8 entertainment, a 10-minute walk from Walking Street, and a 10-minute baht bus or motorbike taxi ride to anywhere else in Central Pattaya. The included breakfast isn't anything special - tasty but the choices are fixed and limited - but there are a couple of 150 baht all-you-can-eat buffets on the same street if you make breakfast your main meal and want to fill up early in the day. I don't so this isn't a negative from my perspective. I can't say much about the lunch or dinner offerings in the hotel restaurant as I didn't try them - I head for the places where Thais eat and only think of eating in a hotel restaurant when it's raining and I'm too hungry to wait for it to stop. I didn't try the pool. Laundry service is good, but slow - as in it might be back tomorrow night or maybe the next day - so don't wait until you're down to your last shirt and pair of underwear. Free Wi-Fi is free, fast and reliable, the televisions are pretty good-sized and of recent vintage (I don't watch much, so I can't tell you a lot here) and the beds have very comfortable mattresses. All things considered, a great choice for a hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank DancingBear43
Kolkata
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I really cannot find any fault in this hotel.Spotless clean rooms, high speed Wifi,perfect location for nightlife,yet noiseless at nights.The staffs are very friendly,breakfast is small but good and have a nice beach. If you are willing to spend around 1250Baht, I think this is one of the best bet in beach road. Located at Soi13, popular nightlife locations such as Walking Street,Soi Metro & all Shopping Malls are very near.

I highly recommended this hotel

Room Tip: I stayed in their most basic room in the 2nd floor and it has all necessary amenities. However, the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank abhi1979
Glenelg East SA Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This was the first time we've every been to thailand and we stayed 6 nights and bargain at around $45 AU per night,

Cannot ask more of the staff, attentive and friendly and rooms were clean and tidy, balcony a bit small and view from ours particularly ordinary...

Went up to the pool on the 8th floor several times but never saw anyone swimming or tending the towels. Disappointed but still, the Whitehouse is located in a quiet street and easy access to Pattaya nightlife and restaurants.

Bed was very firm so we loved this but not to everyone's taste!

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room, a bit quieter!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bockie
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This was the first time I stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel and would stay there again.
First, I was going to book the hotel online but I did not feel confident since they did not have a secure booking site so it allowed my credit card information to be exposed.
I was staying in Pattaya couple days before heading to Bangkok so I dropped by the hotel to check out the room and pay the one night deposit.
The staff were friend and helpful with this.
When I arrived for the actual check in the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was a nice size and very clean. The bathroom is not large but is of adequate size. The only drawback was the shower would not keep a constant water temperature and the sink seemed to be only hot water.
I thought the restaurant served good food but the free breakfast with the room should be a bit bigger or have more options.
Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: a quick walk to Beach Road or to Pattaya Road 2 for shopping, restaurants and bars.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank iamdean
Perth
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel in Pattaya many times over the past 6 years and have noticed a worrying trend. On my most recent trip in October 2011, the difference was stark and rather than a slow decline in standard and service the hotel had gone downhill dramatically. Looking around the room I noticed a lot of wear and tear which because of lack of maintenance. Tap fittings were loose, tiles cracked and missing, unsecured drain covers and cracked mirrors. The bath towels were so old they were frayed at the edges and one had a hole in it. The walls were dirty and the TV reception was appalling because of a loose antennae fixing. When I asked reception about the problems I was told they were too busy but would notify the engineer. Another change from my last stay was the attitude of some staff. While most were very polite and did their best others were not so much. This is the first complaint I have ever made about a hotel in many trips overseas. But this review is warranted and while the hotel is in a great location I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank platypusgravy
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the passed 2 years, I'd have to say that this hotel always welcomes me when I arrive! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, except that the room could be a little cheaper. If you don't want pay an arm and a leg for laundry, there is a place right outside the hotel that will do a perfect job at fractions of the price that you would pay in the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo