“Everything is great, except "a fly in the ointment"”

Whitehouse Condotel
Ranked #104 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Moscow City, Russia
“Everything is great, except "a fly in the ointment"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm not the first time staying at this hotel. In fact, the hotel is really great, friendly staff and good location! Everything would be good and I would put a rating of 5, but damn, already the second consecutive trip, my stay there ends paracetamol. I stayed in two different types of the rooms and this story repeats again. In the morning, I feel a tickle in the throat and general malaise. When I stayed in "Suite Deluxe", I found a way to avoid the negative effects, I just turned on the aircon only in the second room and it helped me not to feel unwell by morning. But in "Superior", where the aircon is situated not far from a bed, avoid it much more difficult. When I turn it off at night, sleep is not very comfortable, but at least I don't feel myself "broken" by morning. In general, the impression that the air conditioners long time nobody cleaned and change a filters.
If someone from administration of Whitehouse is reading this review, I want to tell you: "Guys, finally clean the air conditioners! Whitehouse is a nice hotel, but you need to fix this small problem, which small for you, but very important for your guests." I don't want to be ill again on my vacation. Please, treat with understanding this small criticism, because in everything else, I can say only the kind and good words about Whitehouse Condotel! ;)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
10 Thank F-ckinTourist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chiang Mai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent five days at the Whitehouse and can highly recommend it to anyone. We stayed in Rm 302 and found it extremely quite with a very efficient air-con. Would like to see a vegan breakfast. Swimming pool is somewhat shallow in depth so you wouldn't fear of drowning in it. Staff very friendly and polite. Easy walking distance to ocean.

Room Tip: We spent five days at the Whitehouse and can highly recommend it to anyone. We stayed in Rm 302 and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SolarGeekChiangMai
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very, Very, Very clean rooms, I was really impressed and quite frankly surprised with the cleanliness because from the outside it doesn’t look like much, and it has a pool (big bonus for the budget conscious hotel seeker)… Prices for this hotel fluctuate pretty drastically on Agoda (which is how I reserved it) so keep an eye out for special rates. Great location (Very close to walking street) with friendly and accommodating staff. It’s a condotel so there are “farangs” who live there year round and they were friendly with me and were a wealth of information. I really like this place regardless of price; I think you will too... Might be a concern for you but wasn’t for me… the entry door to your room is "thin" which means you can easily hear your shenanigans from the hallway hehehe… if I had to find 1 complaint that would be it. The breakfast was OK but if you’re like me you’re never up early enough to take advantage of it and there are plenty of places nearby that you can eat well for small money. Again, I loved this hotel and its staff. I would, without hesitation recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PETER D
Guildford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The moment we arrived, we were impressed. The hotel is in a small street leading to the beach or the action. From outside it looks quite grand and inside is impressive too. Whilst checking in we met Joe Banks, the man who bought and improved the hotel to it's current status, which is....fantastic.
It is a well run establishment with warm and delightful staff who, after seeing us talking to him, thought we knew him lol. I don't believe it made a difference.
We are in a superior room and there is loads of room to move around and everything we need, including a small table and chairs inside as well on balcony. The shower is great and as I have mobility problems, the seat is an extra bonus.
The pool, on the roof is a beautiful little haven and just the right size.
We are still here as I write, if we try the restaurant I will add another review.
I cannot believe how little we paid to stay...highly recommended

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank soolooSurrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 weeks over the Christmas new year break. Booked a suite, I have stayed at a few hotels in Soi 13 and I think the Whitehouse is the best available. The room was immaculate, reception and house keeping staff very friendly and helpful. I needed to leave a day early due to the trouble in Bangkok, and they immediately refunded the money without any problems.
I was on the 5th floor at the side of the hotel and I am a light sleeper, the double glazed windows work well.
Breakfast is included, and is pretty good.
A great location for pattaya, easy walking to the beach and nightlife at walking street or Soi Diana.
Will be back in a few weeks, and again for the Christmas holidays.
Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Vetco
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel
but it could have been cheaper.
Would recommend this hotel to you.
No view from the room at all.

I had a suite and was nice and big with a great bathroom.
I did not use the pool so can not comment on it

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank carl5555
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Booked the hotel online because of cheap price and was expecting a ok type place. But to my amazement the place was well managed with clean rooms, helpful staffs and decent restaurant. Its is also very close to beach so you can walk you way to enjoy the sun and water.

Room Tip: Take the street facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends