“A good Hotel - 3 swimming pools as joined onto Sabai Inn”
Review of Sabai Resort

Sabai Resort
Ranked #112 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
peterlee
“A good Hotel - 3 swimming pools as joined onto Sabai Inn”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Choice of 3 Pools.
Decent size rooms and very comfortable beds.
Situated next to Big C shopping Centre and close to the Beach.
On a quite Soi so no problem sleeping.
A Sauna would have been nice.
Got a free breakfast with the price.
So I suppose if you knock 250b x 2 off the price then its a very reasonable Hotel to stay.
That said its the same crappy buffet breakfast you get in all Thai Hotels.
Sausage.....No...hot dogs.
Bacon...no....strips of overcooked fat that resembles some sort of meat.
Still fill a hole lol
Would I stay there again?????
Yes I think I would

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank paulnuek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nagpur, India
Reviewed 31 December 2013

A plush green resort with a peaceful ambiance and good facilities that too in heart of a busting and a loud city. Walking distance from beach and market. Easily available tuk-tuk to most of the locations.
Pools are clean and maintained. Food is good. Rooms are clean but slightly dated. Staff needs to be more polite and helpful.
A good value of money overall..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rohit1287
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here four 5 nights and I could have stayed longer. This property has 3 pools. The private villa area of the resort has its own private pool. The gardens are lovely too. Our air con room was very spacious with king size bed and nice bathroom. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was plentiful with many choices. Location one street back from the beach, shopping centre close by and Alcazar ladyboy show right next door. In room safe, flat screen TV. Everything was excellent.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are smaller and have tiny windows. Choose ground level alongside the pool in the fro...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oncewereworkers
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My trip to Pattaya wasn't for leisure. I went there for a training that I need to do for work. So, my company booked me a room at the Sabai Resort because the training company that I attended provided a transportation that picked us up at the resort.

I checked in on one of the Sunset Villa room. Once I checked it, they provided a buggy to send me to my room. That was quite convenient. However, after that I had to walk myself in and out of the resort. Luckily, I know some short cuts that doesn't need me to go all around the resort to go in and out. My room was one of the rooms with the no. 700 by the way. It was quite far to walk if you don't know the short cuts.

Pros: The room itself, was quite big for my own self. Beds were comfy, room was cozy. Mini bar was quite full. Toilet & shower was spacious. Decoration was quite eye catching because it wasn't too much. There were a lot of channels to watch on the TV. They even showed the latest movies. Internet was really fast. Room was very clean after housekeeping.

Cons: However, it was too dark for me. The lights were all florescent bulbs. Air conditioning was hard to control. It was either too cold or too hot. Furnishes were very old style. Closet was quite dusty when I checked it. TV was the old TV box. It was huge! and most of the channels were either in Thai language or Russians. Main control for electricity didn't really work that well. Room service menu or the file stuff on the table was quite old. Toiletries wasn't enough. My room was on the ground floor, the next morning i know.. Some motorcycle parked outside my window. Wall wasn't that thick. So you can actually hear people "scream" from the other room.

General Pros of the resort: Location wise, very strategic. Big C shopping store is just next door. 5 mins walk to Beach Road and from there 5-10 mins drive to Central Festival using the Songtaew "bus" which only cost 10 baht per trip. Probably 15 mins to go to the Walking Street. Resort staff was quite friendly. Swimming pool was clean. I didn't go to the bars and restaurant so I don't have anything to say about them. Security wise, it wasn't so bad.

General cons of the resort: They don't speak English fluently. I had a hard time talking to some of them like quite a lot of time. Once they misplaced the key to my friend's room. Took them more than 1/2 hour to find it. Location of the resort is nearby busy area. So expect some noise even though it was already past midnight. Thought the internet was fast, there were some occasion that I couldn't connect to the internet because it was probably during peak time. There was no gym provided.

However, overall i would give it a 7/10. I don't mind staying there again if i ever gonna go back to Pattaya.

Room Tip: Traveling with family? Get one of the villas. Privacy? Get the room from the Paradise Zone. Choose...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is an excellent resort, nicely built and very well maintained. The staff were very courteous and polite. Especially a lady named "Mae" at front desk (apologies for the typo in name)...she was very nice and helpful. Location is very good and close to the beach. Forex counters and taxi's are available right infront of the hotel. It's close to the beach and other happening joints. Rooms are nice and maintained well. Neat large swimming pools....along with scrumptious breakfast make this an excellent choice. Everytime I go to Pattaya....I will stay in this resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 8 November 2013

booking error resulted in booking as single occupant and not as married couple despite our id,s clearly showing same surname I tried to speak to several staff members but their concerns were, "only one breakfast" I sat and watched while my wife ate breakfast and was charged for my coffee, staff were only interested in me not helping myself to a share of my wifes breakfast. Would never stay again on principle.

• Stayed November 2013
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great Location: stone's throw away from Alcazar & 5 mins walk to the beach. On the main road, taxis are easily available. Good breakfast buffet and clean swimming pools. Staff are helpful. Rooms are well maintained

Room Tip: Pool side rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends