“Fabulous Stay”

Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel
Ranked #47 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had checked into this hotel and the room was really nice. We had sea facing rooms in the chic tower. The breakfast was very nice. The staff were warm & accommodating. The swimming pool was also nice.

Room Tip: Sea Facing Rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hard to know what to say about this place. We stayed on the beach side building and had some ocean view. The room was good but I felt it could be updated to a much better standard. The Desk chair and couches we quite uncomfortable because the backs were so low and of course the inevitable hard mattress that is the Thai standard. Also had trouble with the shower flooding most of the bathroom floor every time we used it. But in saying that these just seem to be very small fixes the room size was good and the hotel had a good feel about it. The breakfast room did close down about half way through our stay but they just sent us over to their other tower at the back which was really nice. Both pools were nice, cafe/restaurant at the front was lovely, prices did not seem to bad and the staff were great. As a whole not a bad place just in need of some TLC.

Room Tip: There are two towers here the one on beach rd is older and the tower behind has a more modern feel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationabroad
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I been staying her 16 times, most of them been happy this time not sure. When check in can not give the room i want sea view, if want great view have to pay 1000 bath moore for same room 12 floor now its called Premium (never Upgrade 16 times guest in 6 years). The room smell smoke, the Mirror was broken and just put a black Board, had connecting door noise all night some like high loud japanes TV. When left for Ko chang i forget my blue shirt in lobby reception, had reception Mercure Hotel Call ask my shir dbeach tell had my shir will keep it because i will retur. When come back not have my blue shirt, they tell me never seen it how cab i trust them. They never care about regular guest never Upgrade, before welcome drink now never, but still i love the hotel and many of the old staff ,also reception (great New guys bell boys).

Room Tip: Sea view or New premium
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sebastian007_12
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It hard to explain about this hotel.
I booked it on line and chose it because of the photo online, and I had no were to stay.
I walked into the room, it was no where close to what I had been staying in.
The hotel really needs a make over, but the view was great, the pool was also great, and just across the road was the beach.
The service at their pool side cafe, was crap, but you get that I suppose.
Other than all that the hotel was ok.
P.S. Don't take any notice of photos by the hotels,while you are picking some where to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 255100Scotty68
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I have really enjoyed our stay in this hotel since we got upgraded free to business suite and extended our stay from initial 3 night to 5 thans to a good deal through Agoda. The room was very comfortable and a whole suite was nice and spacious. Balcony offered reasonably nice view of the ocean (I just wish we got a room on the south side instead with a better view) Hotel is located right by the beach and is really close to all touristy attractions.
There were couple of issues however. The major issue was a noise since our room was on a north side facing bars with a loud music until early morning. The second issue was reception staff’s English language proficiency, besides manager none of the ladies was capable to understand a simple sentence. For a 4 star hotel this is unacceptable.

Room Tip: choose a south side with a better view and much less noise from bars
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marcel D
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I don't know if this is the case in all Thai hotels and/or worldwide, but the hotel is charging you 1000 baht if you host someone on your room for few minutes. For me, that is the first time to pay in order to host someone in my room for two hours. I always host friends with no extra charges.

Room Tip: Chic tower rooms does not have any advantages over the rooms in the other building. So do not waste...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ibrahem K
Reviewed 24 April 2014

a great hotel, on the beach, perfectly located - right beside SOI 6, a 10 min walk to Alcazar and a 10 baht tuktuk to walking street, very good staff, nice, big and clean rooms, we stay in room 3301 on poolside tower, very nice view of pool and sea. stayed here for 2N3D

would recommend for everyone, a value for money hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HirenPJ
Travellers also viewed these Pattaya hotels
The Bayview Hotel
Siam@Siam Design Hotel Pattaya
Holiday Inn Pattaya
Holiday Inn Pattaya
#11 of 455 in Pattaya

Been to Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel

Address: 489 Soi 6/1, North Pattaya, Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya 20260, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Chonburi Province > Pattaya
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #47 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Price Range: £48 - £156 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.