“Great Value”

Ranked #266 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at Chang Charlies in mid August 2013 and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the accommodation for the price we paid. It is tastefully decorated and has a homely feel. The staff are very welcoming and efficient. It is a small hotel with plunge pool and cafe. Our room was surprisingly large for the price with air-con, ensuite and a large balcony.
Chang Charlie's is located on a quiet lane 77 metres from the esplanade and the beach in a nice part of Pattaya (Jomtien). Close to shops ,bars, restaurants and transport.
Highly recommeded

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank J0hn_Shar0n

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Location was the best you can get, on a quiet soi still near everything. The rooms were tastefully decorated in the good old Thai style and were always clean. The staff was friendly and nice. I slept my 7 nights down there like a baby. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ulpunen
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

If you are looking for a nice, quiet, clean, well maintained place to stay and above all with freindly and helpful staff look no further - Chang Charlie is for you !!! I have now been coming here for the last three years and love it. The location is excellent - I have walked and cycled to many many places to find a place like this. Good value and well worth a visit !!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very clean,the Deluxe are more spacious and I would recommend and also have a larg...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KarlandGee
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

This hotel seemed very nice at the beginning. But when I checked out I was charged for a dirty towel. My girlfriend had an 'accident' on it. 200 baht! Also I lost a torche flash light and my electric toothbrush. When I recalled on these items nobody of the staff could find them. I am sure I had lost these items there and until this day I think they were stolen from my room.
The rooms are very nice, but the mosquito's are very nasty. Our baby girl was not 'quiet' enough, according to the staff, I was really surprised to hear that. Be prepared when you go there and lock your things.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Rene B
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

First night here so far, so cant say much other than the TripAdvisor map information is incorrect.

The hotel is not at all where its shown but on Jomtien Beach area instead. This is far away from the point shown on the map and not even walking distance. I had to take a motorbike taxi which cost me 100 Baht to get to the place shown on the map.

Room Tip: I would say book only 1 day online and then scout the places around to see what you can get for same...
Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank AliBabeo
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

After walking the beachfront for 3 hrs checking out all the resorts I came across chang Charlie inn,the location is perfect as the resorts on the beachfront are just too noisy at night with people & never ending fireworks.The clean rooms with ample facilities with a resonanable price was enough for me to book for a month,The dedicated owner Charlie & his wife make every guess feel very welcome & all the staff do an outstanding job.I have stayed there 3 times over the last 3 years & highly recommend you check out this great boutique resort !
Evan from Australia ( gold coast)

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank Evan B
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Ive been to Thailand 5 times but this was my first trip to Jomtien. I hadn't booked a room & tried to book into Silver Sands Complex. I took 1one look at the rooms & beat a hasty retreat. I can't remember seeing a dirtier hotel room. I hoped that this didn't represent the standard of rooms in the area for around £30 a night. It didn't. We strolled down the road 20 yards or so, saw a sign for the Chang Charlie Guest House. What a contrast. At a 100 baht per night less than the Silver sands, it represented a bargain. The most helpful staff, a spotless, well decorated, spacious room with a lovely balcony all for 1300 baht, or £28 (the room should have been 1500 baht but she helped me a bit with the price). There were equally as nice rooms for less money but not as big. I would fully reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple