“Easy To Find, Great Atmosphere, Great Food Great Value and Good Service”
Review of Beefeater

Beefeater
Ranked #11 of 1,033 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Swedish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've eaten here on this holiday now 4 times. Ironically I met a lady here who's sister and and niece work in the kitchen. They say the kitchen is very clean and I know the front of the restaurant is clean.

I go during the day and employees are never talking or sitting around they are always working cleaning, prepping rolling silverware and talking softly. I have only seen 1 time it was loud and that was break down of Brunch at 4pm.

Also service is Thai style so order and no feed back or returns you have to call on them equally the girl I took is not a hooker or bar girl but she and I noticed the dirty looks and the ignoring or her. We felt she was being mislabeled and treated by the mislabeling.

On a positive note the food is great, price is better then the competition across the walkway who have horrible atmosphere and horrible food.

Beefeaters made me feel like I was in a great restaurant with a passion for service and food. Menu was basic easy to navigate and I recommend the Ribeye since it was tasty.
I had also the burger and it was just like America. I missed the brunch being 15 minutes before they broke it down :( looked good too. DARN maybe next time.

I hope you all love this place as much as I do.

1  Thank LUVFUD

Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have been to the Beefeater a few times per year for the last 6 years and have always found it good.
Its basically a pub with scandinavian style menu, they do a great Planked Steak that I recommend.
The prices are reasonable, service is nothing special but good enough, The only thing it lacks is ambiance but don't forget you'll only be there an hour to get a good feeding its not a night out.
I give credit to the Management for keeping a consistent kitchen after all these years well done guys.

1  Thank Sunseaker5
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Great steaks and fish. Good prices. Friendly, attentive staff. I recommend this casual and comfortable restaurant, Book ahead in high season.

1  Thank onomataho
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Looking for a great steak in Pattaya, well look no further. Spotlessly clean, excellent service. reasonably priced, reservations are a must as this small restaurant gets very busy at dinner time. We went 4 times in 10 days. wish we had a restaurant like this back home. So we will have to go back next year!!!

1  Thank lezleyj
Reviewed 15 January 2011

In some ways I am not sure if this review will help the restaurant because almost every time I visit there are hardly any tables left! Thats probably a pretty good sign, and yes this place does get very busy so recommend booking if you've got a large party.

The steaks here are so good that I rarely have anything else. You have to be careful in Thailand with some restaurants claiming to have Australian or NZ steaks when they are actually the much cheaper and inferior Thai cuts. No problem here, the steaks are fat, juicy and cooked to perfection.

Kitchen is upstairs and if you take a peak inside you will be very reassured. A cleaner and more sophisticated kitchen I have not seen in Thailand. Wall to wall stainless steel and obviously no expense spared by the Swedish owner.

House red wine is pretty good for the price, and is served in quality glassware. Yes this is a steakhouse, but there are touches like this, white tablecloths and the free corn chips and salsa that make it more sophisticated than your average steak house.

My only real complaint is that although its air conditioned it can get a few degrees hotter than ideal when busy, and the service while good can be a little impersonal. However, most of the staff seem to be longstanding and speak excellent english so few misunderstandings.

Definitely a place worth going out of your way for, but if you haven't booked then suggest turning up later after 9.30pm or very early to ensure a table.

1  Thank TheFussyDiner