Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Lek Hotel(Pattaya)
1,131 results
All reviewsrooftop barwelcome drinkroom designwalking streetunique hotelthe location is perfectexcellent hotelspecial thanksshopping mallgreat poolswimming poolbaht bushotel staffnight lifebeach roadgigidusit
Reviewed 10 December 2011

In order to see the firework for the King's birthday, some friends and I (a table of 8) went for dinner to the Sunset Lounge restaurant in Pattaya. The place is very nice for a drink and a cigar but do not eat there !!!
I ordered a spicy Papaya salad and precisely specified "no seafood, I am alergic to it" followed by some "Penne arrabiata". The Papaya salad came with ... shrimps (!!!). The time I complained to make a new one, I was left alone to "eat". I say "eat" coz it was so tasteless that I did not eat it ! Then the pasta ... the Penne must have cooked for 25 minutes ... they were like mash potatoes (oh, mybe it was mash potatoes in fact !). Needless to say that I did not eat them either. The german Manager did not dare asking me if there was a problem ... too busy watching TV ! And this is supposed to be the restaurant of a famous 5* hotel !

My friends all complained about the average or bad food, nobody of the 8 was happy !!!

Thank you Dusit D2 but NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was my 5th time in Pattaya having been in other hotels I have to say what a breath of fresh air my experence was. From the moment I arrived the staff were so friendly, nothing was to much trouble. I had booked a suite for my stay the rooms were very nice and for me having a high speed internet connection was excellent. The pool area is very pleasent with a pool side bar area and again excellent service. Take a meal on the 6th floor roof top resturant. the food is excellent with europian and Thai food on the menue. A great selection of wines from around the world and not over priced. The view at night is awesome.overall I can honestly say this was the best hotel in pattaya. Can't wait for my return visit. My thanks to Michael Ganster and his team for making my stay so enjoyable

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Was pleasantly surprised by the interior and the rooms of this hotel. Also the sunset bar on the roof is a great place to wind down and enjoy a great sunset and enjoy a few drinks .
The staff were happy and helpful ,Location is great as well . Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Trying too hard to be stylish, but still a nice place. Centrally located and cool rooftop restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Staying with friends? Be careful - bathroom setup doesn't work well if you don't want your friends seeing everything going on in the bathroom! ;-)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tyler_R
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was convinced by our tour guy (not a traditional tour by any means) to upgrade to a suite at the D2 and wow, was it worth it.

Two oversized rooms, one with a bar, couch and chairs, the other with an oversized jacuzzi along with a king bed.

The regular rooms are great but not as spectacular.

With the suite they include free spa treatments, which I didn't use as I went golfing every day, but one of the more metro sexual members of our group used and he couldn't stop raving about them.

Great rooftop bar, fantastic pool, great club house sandwiches, fanatastic staff.

To give an example of the service I staggered in at 4:45 am (I did not know that was the time) and asked for a 5 AM wakeup call as I was leaving to the airport at 5:30. The phone rang, I showered and packed and went to the lobby where the two employee's had a couple of latte's waiting for me.

Will certainly return to this place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends