“Great overall experience”

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #7 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“Great overall experience”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel is beautifully designed with good access for disabled. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food was perfect and we ate here more than anywhere else. The location is city centre with easy access to shops and nightlife. The area is noisy but no problem sleeping. The best thing about this hotel is the staff ALL of them. The greatest welcome ever had. Anything you want is done for you. Will stay here again to see them all again. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My wife and I checked in for a 2 night break.
What a wonderful stay.

It all started with D2's own unique twist. The reception is also a bar and walking on the ship decking foor to reception we were offered a seat on check in and a welcome drink , anything from a cappuccino to hard spirits or sparkling wine. Our choice. We had cocktails, which were prepared fresh in front of us as we filled in the registration cards.

I had heard from some sources this was a regarded by some as a gay friendly hotel. I can honestly say this was a people friendly hotel.Everyone can feel well at ease being themselves here. Couples, singles, famiilies were there during our weekend stay.

The rooms were modern, spacious and exceptionally functional and a bit arty/funky in design.
They were also insulated well and very quite.
Airconditioning was effective and quiet and hot water always hot.
I had a great sleep here.

Views of the pool which gradually changed color through out the night, due to underwater colored lighting and the overall contemporary hotel fell, made you almost believe you were in Maimi on ocean strip.

My wife made use of the spa and being a spa addict commented that the spa signature treatment was so relaxing she fell asleep and woke up to smooth skin and a glowing complexion. I beleive they use some exclusive french products in their treatments. Not a cheap treatment in Thai money terms around Baht 2000 approx for 90 minutes. But for her it was well worth it.

Staff were very friendly and lots of smiles and willingness to help.
The S.E.A. restaurant was a little back from the entrance and had a modern approach on both western and Asian food. Loved it. Breakfast was also good with some buffet items and some fresh cooked. A unique twist to breakfast included free flow sparkling wine if you felt you really needed that extra boost for the day.

We happened to visit during the firework competition on the bay.
D2 has a roof top bar terrace, with a dj and chill out sounds.
We drank wine and watched the sunset, and dined while watching a fireworks light up the night sky to cool sounds of the dj. As you can imagine it was a busy venue and a great little spot.(The roof top was far enough above the mad traffic and sounds of Pattaya, that we could not even hear it ).

As you can tell we really enjoyed the experience and would recommned this unique property to anyone looking for a quiet sleep and first class unique experience, fun and with friendly and efficient staff right in the heart of Pattaya.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jrw_pj
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 December 2011

In order to see the firework for the King's birthday, some friends and I (a table of 8) went for dinner to the Sunset Lounge restaurant in Pattaya. The place is very nice for a drink and a cigar but do not eat there !!!
I ordered a spicy Papaya salad and precisely specified "no seafood, I am alergic to it" followed by some "Penne arrabiata". The Papaya salad came with ... shrimps (!!!). The time I complained to make a new one, I was left alone to "eat". I say "eat" coz it was so tasteless that I did not eat it ! Then the pasta ... the Penne must have cooked for 25 minutes ... they were like mash potatoes (oh, mybe it was mash potatoes in fact !). Needless to say that I did not eat them either. The german Manager did not dare asking me if there was a problem ... too busy watching TV ! And this is supposed to be the restaurant of a famous 5* hotel !

My friends all complained about the average or bad food, nobody of the 8 was happy !!!

Thank you Dusit D2 but NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was my 5th time in Pattaya having been in other hotels I have to say what a breath of fresh air my experence was. From the moment I arrived the staff were so friendly, nothing was to much trouble. I had booked a suite for my stay the rooms were very nice and for me having a high speed internet connection was excellent. The pool area is very pleasent with a pool side bar area and again excellent service. Take a meal on the 6th floor roof top resturant. the food is excellent with europian and Thai food on the menue. A great selection of wines from around the world and not over priced. The view at night is awesome.overall I can honestly say this was the best hotel in pattaya. Can't wait for my return visit. My thanks to Michael Ganster and his team for making my stay so enjoyable

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Was pleasantly surprised by the interior and the rooms of this hotel. Also the sunset bar on the roof is a great place to wind down and enjoy a great sunset and enjoy a few drinks .
The staff were happy and helpful ,Location is great as well . Well worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Trying too hard to be stylish, but still a nice place. Centrally located and cool rooftop restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Staying with friends? Be careful - bathroom setup doesn't work well if you don't want your f...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tyler_R
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was convinced by our tour guy (not a traditional tour by any means) to upgrade to a suite at the D2 and wow, was it worth it.

Two oversized rooms, one with a bar, couch and chairs, the other with an oversized jacuzzi along with a king bed.

The regular rooms are great but not as spectacular.

With the suite they include free spa treatments, which I didn't use as I went golfing every day, but one of the more metro sexual members of our group used and he couldn't stop raving about them.

Great rooftop bar, fantastic pool, great club house sandwiches, fanatastic staff.

To give an example of the service I staggered in at 4:45 am (I did not know that was the time) and asked for a 5 AM wakeup call as I was leaving to the airport at 5:30. The phone rang, I showered and packed and went to the lobby where the two employee's had a couple of latte's waiting for me.

Will certainly return to this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends