“Fantastic hotel”

Pattaya Garden Apartments Boutique Hotel
Ranked #69 of 600 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at pattaya garden apartments four times previously over past 6 years, & each time is as excellent as the 1st, as soon as you arrive you are welcomed by Ning hotel manager, who welcomes you & escorts you to your room, to familiar you with your personnel electronic safe, air con, tv etc. warm & friendly with nothing to much trouble attitude making you feel at home instantly. You use the hotel facilities as & when with always someone at hand if you require 24 hrs a day. The rooms are excellently furnished, the queen size bed/mattresse in my deluxe room with the fresh Egyptian cotton bedding gave me the best nights sleep I have had in years for the whole two weeks.. Excellent well maintained swimming pool big enough to relax the day around when pattaya town needs a day off at time to time.
This is truly a fantastic hotel with its location situated between pattaya town & Jomtien beach, just seconds walk to the main road for motor bike taxi (if brave enough) or car taxi to take u that short distance for your holiday fun.
& of course the owner is English (mike) who is always on hand if you have any difficulties or advice on Thailand, the culture, information or anything & never to much trouble. I truly am impressed with my experiance at pattaya garden apartments, I would stay no where else. All for just over £20 a night.. This hotel caters for singles, couples, family's or business. You arrive a customer & leave as friends.
My second home but wishing it was my 1st.

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor in a deluxe room with queen size bed. TV, fridge, sofa & table, with a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Craig D

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Located about half way between South Pattaya and Jomtien this place is very quiet with friendly staff & owner. Quite a few bars and restaurants a 5 min baht bus way.

My room was a good size and very comfortable with fast wifi. The water from the shower was not very warm.

Very very small swiming pool (which i knew about) but there was no place at all to sunbath.

Room Tip: The rooms are on three floors and there are no lifts
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BritishDragon
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Perfect place to stay in pattaya for longer trips.. Most economical and no need to worry on the guest visits.. Extremely comfortable with friendly hotel staff.. Not a extra luxurious place but if ur intentions are just party and enjoy then the perfect place to stay...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tanzyme
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A buddy and I were on spring break in Thailand (of all places) and this was a great place to stay! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The air conditioning in the room also worked great as it was pretty warm in Pattaya in April. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Hanging by and in the pool was also a great way to cool off from the Thai heat! The hotel staff served up ice cold Heinekens (or national beer available too) and tended to our every need.

I will most definitely stay at this place again. I am not sure where the negative reviews came from because this was NOT my experience! The photos are a very accurate representation of the property.

Room Tip: My buddy stayed in a larger room than I did, but both of the rooms were SUPER amazing. I don't t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Mike and his staff at Pattaya Garden Apartments are a very friendly and sincere group. I felt very comfortable staying there. Their rooms are kept clean, and their hospitality was unmatched. As my title says; I'm a world traveler from the states; been traveling cross country since I was 16 years old, and world traveling since I was 22. I am middle aged now and have visited 10+ countries. I frequently visit Thailand (beautiful country). Been going there about once a year since 2007 and stay for about a month each time, usually in the Pattaya area, so with that said, the fact that I am taking time to write a positive review should say a lot. PGA has a convenient location between Pattaya beach, and Jomtien beach. They are walking distance to Jomtien beach, and only 5-10 minutes from Pattaya beach. Another thing I like about the location is that although they're close to all the action; it is still quiet and relaxing. You might not have a beach front view, but Mike (owner from the U.K.) and his wonderful Thai staff will make your stay a pleasant one.
One last note: I am a late sleeper. They gave me my privacy without bother, then when I left for the day (albeit sometimes late afternoon), the staff had no problem making-up my room without me even saying a word. You don't find that in your average hotel!
Enough said..... Hope you enjoy your stay at PGA!
Randy S.

Room Tip: They have several to choose from, depending who and how many are in your group.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Randy4774
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I travel to Thailand 3 to 4 times every year.. with extended stays of two to three months in the summer (June/July). This trip I was very pleased to stay at the Pattaya Garden Apartments. This could be my hotel of choice when visiting Pattaya. I was headed back to meet friends and hang out for 5 days before heading back to the United States. I wanted to find a hotel I could book online via Hotels.com and earn myself a few points. I plugged in my basic needs… Wi-Fi… under 50 bucks a night…. And location (South Pattaya). This hotel came up with some others and I gave myself one hour to make a decision. I was not disappointed with my choice. Why?

1. Price/Value – This room was larger and better appointed than my other choices. As I spend a bit of time in the room working on the internet when I travel and like to sleep in... I want a place that also gives me the opportunity to do those things while not in bed. The value – the seating area... with a couch and chair... as well as a large desk area and closet for clothing.
2. Service – I called to verify a few things before booking the hotel. I was transferred to the staff on duty (who I later found out was a nice young lady who owns the apartments with her husband). She let me know which rooms were available and when I described my needs... quiet… somewhat secluded... private... she recommended the larger room on the fourth floor. When I arrived to check in (still had not booked the hotel online) she showed me the room and I was sold. She summoned a local motorbike taxi driver to help me take my luggage upstairs. The staff at the hotel is 3 people… reception … a cleaning lady. And a night security guard. All were very responsive and went out of their way at least once in my stay to assist me... my cleaning lady letting me back in my room after I locked my keys in … the security guard moving my motorbike to a safer location overnight when I parked it out front an in harms way… and the reception lady offering to warm up my food I bought at a local street market and bring it up to my room.
3. Location! I want to be close enough to the city center via transport or in my case, I rented a motorbike. But the Apartments are just 50 meters down a side street from the main road between Pattaya and Jontiem. Walk 5 minutes to that road and you can catch a 10baht bus/truck into either direction at any time of the day. Motorcycle taxi stand is on the corner. 7-11 is nearby as well as many small cafes. One located just next door is very reasonably priced and offers Thai and western food cooked for eat in or to go. I did not eat western but the two times I ate Thai I found the food to be Aroy (yummy)!. Up on the main road and walking distance away are some higher end eateries (Chinese, Indian, Steakhouse, Thai). One afternoon I walked from the local tech mall (Tukcom) backed to the apartments in less than 30 minutes and without much sweat (it was quite cool when I was there).
4. Accommodation. Probably the one factor that will bring me back to this hotel (along with service) is the accommodation. The rooms are as pictured in the photos on the website and I’ll post my photos also. The room was large and the bed as I mentioned was oh so comfortable. I liked that here were two nightstands with drawers and ample electrical outlets next to the bed and on the desk (I travel with my gadgets). The restroom was a combo shower/toilet/basin as is typical in many Thai style accommodations. Water pressure was great and warm when needed. I also liked the large balcony of my room that adjoined others but had a wall separating that provided me with ample privacy. One suggestion: put a microwave in the room to make use of the largish refrigerator. With the ample street foods available it is nice to be able to warm up your food. I didn’t use the small pool downstairs but it is nice to know it is there. And had I wanted to I could have watched my live US Sports on their large bar TV. in the open air bar downstairs.
5. Privacy – I stayed alone but it was nice to know had my partner been able to come join me he would not have been charged a joiner fee and there was plenty of privacy. I liked the fact that the owners are a Thai/Brit couple who have insight into what it is like to try and have a little romantic privacy in the short time I had there.
Overall – I loved this hotel/apartment and I will be back.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are roomy and great. I'll stay in room 402 again if I get the chance.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Smile0507
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Great location, quiet and safe. It's close to the main bus road and only a few minutes to the shops, walking street and beaches.
I'ts English owned and run so no communication hassles and the Thai staff are really friendly and helpful.
The hotel has recently been renovated and upgraded to a very high standard. My room was very comfortable, fantastic bed and good quality furniture.
The WiFi was very good reception and free to use.
I will stay here on my next trip for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo