“Great Location & Lovely Ocean View”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #10 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Gurgaon
“Great Location & Lovely Ocean View”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Situated at the far end of the Pattaya Beach much less 'Active' than the rest of the Beach Area. When I had visited the hotel last some 2 years ago the hotel was spanking new and has been well maintained so far. The staff is really friendly and saw some familiar faces from the last visit who could place me as well. The breakfast was well laid out and hostesses very efficient. I was given a room on the 10th floor and had excellent views to offer. The hotel has a private beach right across the road for some great beach experience. One can easily hire a Baht Bus to the Central Pattaya to enjoy the nightlife and evening drinks and a bit of shopping. Concierge is very helpful and will help you plan your sightseeing tours. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Pattaya.

Unfortunately I could not sample their Spa but maybe next time...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger bathroom... Lovely views from their too!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here twice on business in May and June. Staff is terrific at all venues, good value for the money. Breafast and Internet were included in my rate, and that is a good value to seek. The breakfast buffet is very good quality and variety. The serving layout is a long gaunlet, so it gets a bit congested at peak times. Coffee is difficult because it's a one cup brew that takes a long time. They would be better served with a "refill Waiter" witha batch brew. Dinner buffet on the other hand was a BIG let down. Minimal choices, too many cold dishes, and kids eat free rate is good for families on a budget, but make the room full of screaming kids annoying. Ate dinner there once, not again. Rooms are comfortable and well furnished, but like others indicated, the shower is a glass enclosure open to the rest of the room. Ther is a blind, but still odd. Gym was fantastic, open early, lots of equipment and a nice view. T.V.'s and piped in music as well. Even a nice Sauna. Free parking. Hotel is across from the beach, and the beach walk is very nice, compared to the congested beat up sidewal on the merchant side of the street. One drawback is the hookers are on the beach side of the street at night. I'd like to see an improvement to the sit-down dining options. The Havana club is more casual and mostly outside, and the Italian food is not that good. Look forawrd to my next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Northside of the hotel, as the southside exposes you to more street noise and...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TSExpert
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is located at the end of the pattaya stretch but it's very near to Tiffany show. Within 5-10 mins of walking you can reach tiffany show.

The hotel has a tour desk whereby you can book for the show and even pays for it there. You just need to redeem the voucher at Tiffany. Easy and nice!

Reception at the hotel is nice with the people being very friendly.

Buffet breakfast at the hotel is international with vegetarian choices available too. There is also an "infinity pool" that allows you to overlook the sea as you swim.

Room size is reasonable and even has connecting rooms which are a bonus to families who are travelling together.

Baht buses are available readily outside the hotel which can take you down the street of Pattaya. It is quite a distance via walking to the main pattaya area (hard rock area or central pattaya)..maybe 20 mins via slow walk.

But if you want peace and quiet stay, this is the hotel for you :)

Room Tip: choose this place if you want a quieter area. Ask for high floor for a better sea view.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Great location, Great Hotel, Great view, Great Pools, Clean room, acceptable and worthy price for Thai Buffet dinner and friendly staffs. These are the things that make me extend my stay and when I extend, they still offer me that same price that I booked.

Very family friendly hotel, located away from busy night life, just a few steps from beach. Have a great view from my room, try to get 20th and above floor but can only manage to get 19th, but the view is still stunning.

Rooms are clean, but confused with the procedure that I had to call front desk to make up my room. I had my "Make Up Room" sign put on the door, but when we came back, room has not make up yet. So, I walk outside and found the staff who's making up the other room, so I asked her to make up room for me but she told me (politely) to call front desk. Since the room has not make up yet, we do not have any more clean towers, so she provided me with the new ones. Just confused why I need to call to front desk for make up room, although I found the staff that has been assigned. I do not blame the staff but felt strange at the "system".

The best thing is when I check-in to my room, soft in-house music is playing and Air-con is on! Felt like totally prepared just to welcome us, nice touch! Also have a fruit plate for us, but the apple are very sour :D Good source of Vitamin C!!!

The Air-con is a disappointment that do not go down under 23degree. We closed the balcony door all the time though.

Another best thing is the pools, my son enjoyed both Kid and Adult pools and our family enjoyed a lot in the pools and have great times there. Just on the last evening that we planned to enjoy our last time, four Rednecks spoiled our evening by annoying us. Totally uncivilized Rednecks in the manners of conquering inferior countries. Total lack of respects to other people's rights even though they have brought up in very democratic country, must have brought up from broken families that's makes them lack of understanding for "Great Family Times". Just look out for these pests! So we just changed to our another sanctuary at Kid pool.

I did enjoy the room amenities that have provided but the bathroom glass partition is a bit not OK for staying with your kid. Even though they provide a blind but still have gaps which make showering a bit odd. but it's not very big issue, we turn this thing into a joke. If this is in honeymoon suite, it would be perfect!

The last but biggest thorn-on-the-side is taking deposit on my Credit Card. I do accept and have experiences of hotel taking Deposit, but after I check-out, I paid up full to my outstanding, but the deposit is still held for 2 weeks, which makes me feel uneasy that I still owe something to the Hotel. Why they do not deduct my deposit to my outstanding and I paid only the balance. After everything, this thing annoy me very much. Last year, at Songkran festival, I stayed at Holiday Inn (Cha-Am) and I advance-purchased, paid my bill in my Credit Card, but I don't get held off on Deposit. Previous stays at Holiday Inn (Silom) also the same. Other Centara Group hotels also do not have this practice. My weak point is when I paid my bill, I forgot to ask about the deposit. Do be careful on this when you check-out. This thing makes my overall rating reduce to "Very Good". With all the great time at the stay, I'm most delighted to give "Excellent", but ...

Somebody from Holiday Inn Management should enlighten me so that I could avoid this pit fall as I plan to stay with Holiday Inn on my coming trips.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Win A
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Holiday Inn Pattaya is situated in a great locale, hope & jump to the beach. Though Pattayan's speak very less english, the hotel staff are courteous. Good food, though do not search for Indian food, choice is just a handful. The thai food is delicious. The hotel is fabulously done with 3 restaurants, a caffee shop, kids pool is fantastic, adults pool well made, spa, gym...in all a perfect 5 star hotel. The hotel also offers good offers like happy hours, free meals for kids etc. Must stay place if you are a luxury guy.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms, they have great sea view. But all rooms have good sea view.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 19 May 2012

remember to request the room on the left side of the hotel and high floor, you will get a perfect view of the pattaya bay.

Room is pretty and big. love it.

location is a bit far from city center. but it is very convenience to take to minibus.

front desk service is bad. I asked them for location twice, they always tell me to take taxi.
For god sake, of course I know I can get there by taxi.
I guess if anyone asking, they are not waiting for this answer.

on the other hand, I ask the bell service who help to deliver our luggage. he bring me to tha Balcony and show me everything.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marco_Hung
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

A very nice hotel, new clean and modern hotel, staff are very friendly.
Good coffee shop.
Will stay here again soon.

• Stayed December 2011